Why is the right side of the tree so devoid of life?

It wouldn't be such an issue if other defences where as reliable as life is. Evasion/Dodge doesn't reduce the damage of a single hit, while armour only reduce damage taken from physical damage (And barely does anything for high physical hits without large investment).

That's just how the game is; Nothing is as efficient as life, and especially in HC, stacking life (Or ES) is pretty much your only option.

Honestly I agree with the guy that said to reduce spike damage and remove log-out macro's. Spike damage is pretty much the only reason why life is the best defence stat, and the only reason why random one-shots exist is because of the instant log-outs.

Without instant log-out, they can reduce random spike damage, increase average damage (as 99% of the enemies doesn't do anything against you at the moment), which would pretty much solve the whole defence issue in my opinion.
Last edited by Tortunga on Feb 2, 2018, 6:54:44 AM
[Removed by Support] ninja freaks have no life.

Working as intended.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Feb 2, 2018, 6:52:38 AM
What also bugs me a bit about the symmetry of the tree is that the scion life-wheel shouldn't be life.
The other two are Evasion and Energy Shield ... the third defense is supposedly armour. right?

Relocate bits and pieces of that wheel over the whole tree so there is no definite hot spot to skill life. It's restricting.
Last edited by Scherge on Feb 2, 2018, 2:28:20 PM
"
Baron01 wrote:

And now lets look at PoE...armor is very ineffective against big hits, which is a design decision I simply do not understand. Armor is also does not work against elemental damage, therefore, you always have to focus on other means of surviving.

I never understood the design decision behind armour aswell it goes into the same senseless category as fake dual wielding. Getting more armour plating but being weaker against big hits - what? The armour formular should change. Until now it wasnt just a good but a wise decision when doing builds to replace armour with static defenses aivailable as replacement.
"
zzang wrote:
"
Baron01 wrote:

And now lets look at PoE...armor is very ineffective against big hits, which is a design decision I simply do not understand. Armor is also does not work against elemental damage, therefore, you always have to focus on other means of surviving.

I never understood the design decision behind armour aswell it goes into the same senseless category as fake dual wielding. Getting more armour plating but being weaker against big hits - what? The armour formular should change. Until now it wasnt just a good but a wise decision when doing builds to replace armour with static defenses aivailable as replacement.

I feel it's an attempt at realism. Being clad in iron might negate a hit from a mace, but it won't help against a hit from a freight train, that sort of thing.

Of course, realism is a very poor justification for any design decision, especially in a game with copious amounts of magic and talking pirate ghosts.

Also, I'd just like to point out that this, too, is an issue that would magically disappear if instant logout was removed and monster damage was rebalanced to be less spiky.
"
suszterpatt wrote:

Also, I'd just like to point out that this, too, is an issue that would magically disappear if instant logout was removed and monster damage was rebalanced to be less spiky.

The more I think about instant logout, the more I'm baffled why its still in the game. It does nothing ells then complicate things.
Chris thinks it leads to a better game, apparently.
"
suszterpatt wrote:

I feel it's an attempt at realism. Being clad in iron might negate a hit from a mace, but it won't help against a hit from a freight train, that sort of thing.

Yeah, but wearing a piece of leather in real life is a great way to Turn that Freight train into a lightning bolt that you can shrug off.

>realism
>POE
the 'armour is bad vs big hits' is a math applied to reality that isnt there

if you have 20k AR - there are no enemies (non-telegraphed) that can deal you scary phys damage

sure, you might feel big phys crits but once you reach 20k AR and 5.5k HP you are safe from 99% phys hits in the game. and the remaining 1% can be easily sidestepped - yes, you CAN move your char away from danger. facetanking as a requirement is pretty dumb

note: AR nodes are close to 'reduced crit damage taken' node. people ignore this cluster of nodes (they do not affect the tooltip so why pick them, right?) but these are one of THE strongest defensive nodes in the game. this mod in general is VERY strong - because you can find similar ones on items too

note: AR is useless vs phys DEGENS and these are pretty popular right now. good bit: pantheon has some strong DoT mitigation and phys mitigation you can combine

tl;dr: AR is much better than people who never tried it claim it is. there is a sweet spot for AR based on REAL content (not excel simulation) and it is somewhere between 12 and 20k non-flasked. once you get there, you can pretty much ignore phys hits

as for the initial question: right side has less life because it has 80% of all damage nodes and ES nodes. left side might have life but it is not a secret that most meta builds go right side for damage because left side has pretty much nothing except life
Last edited by sidtherat on Feb 3, 2018, 3:40:48 AM
How about not waste skill points for those "effective" super hot garbage skills nodes.

Instead slap on a lightning coil, taste of hate and for some extra lulz watchers eye jewel/shaper items for phys as ele damage taken and suddenly tank 12k phys boss slams with zero armour?

How about being smart and efficient sid instead dumbo?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info