F the labyrinth

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Izaro would be a great fun boss, if he weren't in the labyrinth. In the Labyrinth he's the main gating factor for getting through the loathsome labyrinth. It makes him not fun to learn because having to do the whole loathsome content all over again is really bad. It makes the Izaro encounter horrible instead of the great fun it should be.

Yeah, because OP is complaining about the traps in the lab, o wait he wasn't, hes complaining about mechanics revolving around this boss.

We get it, you don't like the lab.

Its 2018, no need to tell everyone, every single day of this year as well.

Here's the OP.

"
Came back after a long break. Enjoyed the new acts. But then.... labyrinth. Man I almost forgot what massive PITA this shit is.

Just got a vulnerability and temp chains curse on top of the one hit bullshit attacks he already does. Not the mention the tedious zero fun way across the traps until you reach him.

-.- about to leave again, just because of this crap :/

It seems pretty obvious that his complaint was pretty darn close to what I said. Note that he first stated that he had fun playing the new content "But then.... labyrinth". He then explained how he died. Which was a typical explanation for how one dies to JUST IZARO? No, (although that is obviously your warped reading) that's a typical way that one dies to any boss. The one hit deaths (or almost one hit deaths) are a very common complaint for all PoE content not just labyrinth. Then he said "Not the mention the tedious zero fun way across the traps until you reach him." So going through all the tedious zero fun content again was the problem, which was what I said.

It seems pretty obvious that his complaint was pretty darn close to what I said.

P.S. If you don't like seeing me complain about labyrinth then DUH don't read my posts. Otherwise there is an absolute need to tell everyone. As you once explained to me that I had wasted a year of my life complaining about labyrinth and how pathetic I was for that. I responded, that GGG made labyrinth much better in 3.0 because of complaining on this forum. Your stated purpose in the labyrinth threads was to prevent GGG from caving into the labyrinth crybabies. Since GGG caved into the labyrinth crybabies, it seems that you're the one that wasted a year of your life, not me. So why are you still wasting your life in these threads?

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
As you once explained to me that I had wasted a year of my life complaining about labyrinth and how pathetic I was for that. I responded, that GGG made labyrinth much better in 3.0 because of complaining on this forum. Your stated purpose in the labyrinth threads was to prevent GGG from caving into the labyrinth crybabies. Since GGG caved into the labyrinth crybabies, it seems that you're the one that wasted a year of your life, not me. So why are you still wasting your life in these threads?

Never said you were pathetic, your assuming that.

Furthermore, GGG did nothing you guys even asked for.

Yes normal, cruel are shorter and endgame is longer, but these werent changes to appeal to you, they were changes to smooth out the process and introduction to the lab and its mechanics. It also logical, especially with the changes to a 10 act system that it flow more naturally with what they had planned.

If you feel like you've won, great. But i've lost nothing in my quest, which is ensuring that the lab is the only way to get AC points and it remain a trap filled, lore backed fantastic piece of content.

Keep pushing yourself, you will get those challenges knocked out in no time.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
If you feel like you've won, great. But i've lost nothing in my quest, which is ensuring that the lab is the only way to get AC points and it remain a trap filled, lore backed fantastic piece of content.

Is it also integral to your vision that the lab should be incredibly tedious to run, and that it should randomly kick you in the balls with crashes/disconnects that cause you to lose all progress?
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Is it also integral to your vision that the lab should be incredibly tedious to run, and that it should randomly kick you in the balls with crashes/disconnects that cause you to lose all progress?

Lab shouldn't take you such a significant amount of time that you feel like you've lost something of real value if you get disconnected. Sucks if you lose your run, but I'm sure it just makes you strive to push forward the next time faster.

In terms of tedious its not. You can get guides, apparently there is a thing that reads your chat log file (not sure this is allowed) and all sorts of little things to help you on your quest thru the lab.

But yeah its better to use lame terms for a piece of content that while you might not like, serves a pretty good purpose.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Lab shouldn't take you such a significant amount of time that you feel like you've lost something of real value if you get disconnected. Sucks if you lose your run, but I'm sure it just makes you strive to push forward the next time faster.

In terms of tedious its not. You can get guides, apparently there is a thing that reads your chat log file (not sure this is allowed) and all sorts of little things to help you on your quest thru the lab.

But yeah its better to use lame terms for a piece of content that while you might not like, serves a pretty good purpose.

What you say is all fine and good. the problem is that Ascendancy points are core character development in an arpg character. As such they should be earned by playing arpg content, not loathsome trap game play content. If labyrinth was truly optional then it would be fine. Since it's not optional, it's a major design flaw.

Since you ignored the rest of my post, I guess that means you admit that you were wrong and the OP actually did complain about the traps.

LOL
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Come on guys...it's 2 1 year and 9 months later and you guys are still going around in circles, we've had this discussion countless times. Nobody has said anything new on the matter...

Perhaps it's time to give it up?
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Jan 2, 2018, 3:18:46 PM
"
Shovelcut wrote:
Come on guys...it's 2 1 year and 9 months later and you guys are still going around in circles, we've had this discussion countless times. Nobody has said anything new on the matter...

what good is a dead horse if you cant beat it?
I dont see any any key!
"
goetzjam wrote:

At minimum, I lose 8 chests worth of loot, an offering, and an enchant. Then there's all the currency/loot I would have gotten from the zones themselves, and possibly the loot from even more chests via extra keys. That's a fair amount of value, wouldn't you say?

"
goetzjam wrote:

There's the assumption again that I find it tedious because I somehow struggle with it. I don't. I find it tedious because 90% of it consists of running past white mobs 15 levels below me.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Glue? Leather? Horse hair brushes? Quite a lot you can do with a dead horse apparently. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Glue? Leather? Horse hair brushes? Quite a lot you can do with a dead horse apparently. :P

dont forget dog food lol
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info