F the labyrinth

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
As you once explained to me that I had wasted a year of my life complaining about labyrinth and how pathetic I was for that. I responded, that GGG made labyrinth much better in 3.0 because of complaining on this forum. Your stated purpose in the labyrinth threads was to prevent GGG from caving into the labyrinth crybabies. Since GGG caved into the labyrinth crybabies, it seems that you're the one that wasted a year of your life, not me. So why are you still wasting your life in these threads?

Never said you were pathetic, your assuming that.

Furthermore, GGG did nothing you guys even asked for.

Yes normal, cruel are shorter and endgame is longer, but these werent changes to appeal to you, they were changes to smooth out the process and introduction to the lab and its mechanics. It also logical, especially with the changes to a 10 act system that it flow more naturally with what they had planned.

If you feel like you've won, great. But i've lost nothing in my quest, which is ensuring that the lab is the only way to get AC points and it remain a trap filled, lore backed fantastic piece of content.

Keep pushing yourself, you will get those challenges knocked out in no time.

This isn't true, as mentioned earlier the planned changes by GGG were not meant to be as severe, but because of a giant shitstorm in the thread where they announced Lab changes they were forced to make Lab a lot more bearable then originally planned. Its also not the only time that GGG has done a 180 on their decisions because they turned about to not work at all in practice.

The Lab is just bloody terrible design, and people go around saying "be prepared for it" are completely missing the point. People know how to prepare lab, and people know how to work with it. People are complaining because the Lab is terrible designed and its necessary content to progress properly in the game.

Also I don't want a retarded version of Mario in PoE, I would rather play Mario itself
"
deteego wrote:
People know how to prepare lab, and people know how to work with it.

Most of "complaining" threads shows exactly the opposite.

People without movement skills, without ordinary quicksilver flask, without stone golem, etc.
People who don't know about Izaro "mechanics" and "part I\part II" mechanics (gargoyles, conduits, etc).
People who don't know about PoELAB (or\and who don't want to read it\understand it).

People who just run straight forward, thinking that traps won't kill them. Then we (immediately) get another "complaining thread".

People still want "press X to win" to exist in PoE.
This shouldn't ever happen. GGG already cut some things, doing concessions. And not only in Labyrinth.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
deteego wrote:

False

"
HarukaTeno wrote:

People without movement skills, without ordinary quicksilver flask, without stone golem, etc.
People who don't know about Izaro "mechanics" and "part I\part II" mechanics (gargoyles, conduits, etc).
People who don't know about PoELAB (or\and who don't want to read it\understand it).

People who just run straight forward, thinking that traps won't kill them. Then we (immediately) get another "complaining thread".

This shouldn't ever happen. GGG already cut some things, doing concessions. And not only in Labyrinth.

If you think that Lab is hard, think again. There are characters that can farm Lab without any issue, case in point I have a max block Gladiator with Surrender at ~5.8k life that can farm uber lab with my hand down my pants. On the rare occasions that Izaro does hit, he takes around 15% of my life (25% max if crit).

Its a stupid design, stop defending it. GGG are most likely thinking of remaking/redoing it, its just a lot of work (which is why it hasn't happened yet), and unlike items they can't easily deprecate/remove the lab.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
deteego wrote:

Hello and welcome to page 1.

"
suszterpatt wrote:
I like how every time someone complains about the lab not being fun, there's always a guy who assumes he's bad at lab and proceeds to give tips on how to git gud.

I built a char specifically for lab farming. He can do 6 key runs effortlessly. It's still not fun, I only do it for the ludicrous amounts of loot at the end. It's tedious, mostly filler, and you're constantly at threat of losing your entry fee and all your progress to a crash or DC that's completely out of your control. It feels like a chore, not a game, despite (or indeed, because of) the fact that it isn't at all difficult.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
deteego wrote:

"
suszterpatt wrote:
I like how every time someone complains about the lab not being fun, there's always a guy who assumes he's bad at lab and proceeds to give tips on how to git gud.

I built a char specifically for lab farming. He can do 6 key runs effortlessly. It's still not fun, I only do it for the ludicrous amounts of loot at the end. It's tedious, mostly filler, and you're constantly at threat of losing your entry fee and all your progress to a crash or DC that's completely out of your control. It feels like a chore, not a game, despite (or indeed, because of) the fact that it isn't at all difficult.

It's actually freaking funny. Telling everyone and the lvl100 hc 36 challenges guy to git gud. I am at the top 0.1% and i think labyrinth sucks monkey balls, so get fucked i guess?
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for the laughs.

Also @Haruka show us proof that most of the complain threads are from guys that don't know what they are doing because if we take this thread as an example then you are absolutely wrong.

I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
{quote="deteego"}People know how to prepare lab, and people know how to work with it.{/quote}

"
suszterpatt wrote:

It's actually freaking funny. Telling everyone and the lvl100 hc 36 challenges guy to git gud. I am at the top 0.1% and i think labyrinth sucks monkey balls, so get fucked i guess?
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for the laughs.

Also @Haruka show us proof that most of the complain threads are from guys that don't know what they are doing because if we take this thread as an example then you are absolutely wrong.

Let me repost Haruka's very insulting and rude first post in this thread.

"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
YeahPete wrote:
What the guy above me said. You must prepare for the lab. And do that by stacking insta-life potions, and a speed potion. POE is a difficult game, and that is the fun of it. Difficult areas such as this help prevent bots from farming these difficult areas. I wish they brought back many of the things that 1-shot peeps such as volatility and much more damaging reflect to prevent the steamrolling and botting that has been possible since those nerfs.

Relax. Don't waste your time.
That's how all of the complainers (be it about Labyrinth or anything else) look like:

They don't want help.
They don't want "to learn".
They don't want anything from anyone.
Just here to rant (or demanding the game change in a way which would fit their "press X to win" standards).
Anything harder is oppressing.

Please note how f'ing ironic his post is. It's hilarious! because it is really Haruka that is ranting against ghosts made up in his own head!!!!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
YeahPete wrote:
What the guy above me said. You must prepare for the lab. And do that by stacking insta-life potions, and a speed potion. POE is a difficult game, and that is the fun of it. Difficult areas such as this help prevent bots from farming these difficult areas. I wish they brought back many of the things that 1-shot peeps such as volatility and much more damaging reflect to prevent the steamrolling and botting that has been possible since those nerfs.

poe is easy as fuck. hc requires some skill maybe (if don't have the time to farm xp/gear). everything else is just easy as fuck, 99.9% of the streamers arent good players, they just farm 12+ hours a day and outgear every content they do.
"
Xavathos wrote:
....must...resist....urge....2018....positivity....ugh.

Hate the be the bearer of bad news man but...
Its gonna be a LONG year around here... hahahaha
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
deteego wrote:

You can ''press X to win'' for Lab as long as your build is specifically for it, so your point is useless honestly. Yes I know, you thought you had an excellent comment , but guess what, it wasn't.

Lab would be great if the game did not had a fuckload of problems everywhere such as GGG adding more particles, their crappy system on steplock concerning connections and FPS and assuming you live either close to them or close to their server. Traps are awesome, especially when you play careful and the game decides to teleport you back and into a trap which suddenly speeds up the game and kills you.

Now once GGG fixes all that crap along with their hamster wheels filled with bandaids yes , lab will be awesome, since the rest of us will not change countries for their game.
Last edited by andreicde on Jan 3, 2018, 3:04:16 AM
I hate lab too, hated it since it was introduced.

I cannot understand why is it so hard for GGG to understand that, why they can't make lab optional like they said?

All they have to do is to add ascendancy points to the campaign, and have them given at certain points in the game. Thus leaving the lab as a loot and enchant area only, making it optional content, just like GGG intended.

It's not rocket science.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jan 3, 2018, 5:17:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info