oni-goroshi drop conditions - a strongly worded letter

"
Balgorra wrote:
Can you do this on standard, or do you have to farm him with a league character?

You can do it in standard. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
More than 120 rounds wirh 3 character at 7 and nothing. Really bored
Be patient. The sword is worth the time and effort it takes to get the drop.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
And it's probably going to be harder next time, so I'd say enjoy the lightweight grind while it lasts.

Or just buy the damn thing. It's bargain-basement price for what it does.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
(Sorry for my english)
I've played many grinding games, almost every big title from 2000 and after.
Today I felt like an idiot. The last HOURS (5+) I am trying to get this sword (3 characters), and I can't. It just doesn't drop.
Yeah I can buy it for 2ex (standard), I won't.

This is the most stupid way, I have EVER seen, to farm an item.
We are stuck in the most boring area of the game (intro), everything we loot is pretty useless (especially given the hours spent on it) and we are forced (yeah we do) to create 3-4 new characters and switching every 30 seconds to make it work, characters that will be trashed after that. We are farming the easiest boss of the game (yeah boosted whatever), with zero mechanics, just a mindless running through the map. Is this what you wanted mate ? Trashed new characters to do mindless runs ? That's the definition of the bot, pure luck and of course pure torture.
You really, really, believe that this whole circus was a good idea ?

95% of the people farming it are not the casual players, are not the players that want to play 2hours/day, you do realise that ?
The worst thing, is that some (few) people, actually feel fine about it. Hell, they are even happy that in order to get the item requires 0 skill, just pure wasting your time in a sadistically way. They are good at it maybe.

Don't get confused, the item is really nice, but the way to obtain it, can't be shittier. I can't think a shittier way, really, can you?
I repeat, I've spent already 6 hours, having zero fun playing, and having 0 drops at least to worth the fuzz.

I'm not here to cry about it, anyway I'm gonna quit trying. I'm here to express an opinion which many people will agree. And IF you don't believe that, I dare you to make a poll.
Here/reddit/wherever.
Ask people if they are satisfied from the "challenge" of getting this item.
So, do you care about players' satisfaction?

Happy new year, have fun, and be more creative in 2018...
Last edited by harry_lostone on Jan 7, 2018, 1:25:14 AM
"
harry_lostone wrote:
I can't think a shittier way, really, can you?

Solo-self-found restricted Uber Atziri drop, 0.1% chance?

Must be able to slay Kitava Act 10 while wearing no items?

Minimum level 100 in Twilight Strand instead of level 7?

"
harry_lostone wrote:
Yeah I can buy it for 2ex (standard), I won't.

Why not? The level of dislike you've expressed in your post is much, much higher than the amount that I value 2 ex in Standard. Do you happen to know about the Chaos Recipe, the 7 jeweller vendor drops, and the 1 chromatic orb vendor drops? They make farming 2 ex much, much easier than farming 5 hours in the Strand the way you make it sound.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jan 7, 2018, 1:40:00 AM
i've been playing for over 10 hours and just 1 unique drop and it wastn't the oni-goroshi, i'm almost reaching lv 8 and i need some RNGesus on it so, can someone pray for me?
The sword is ridiculously easy to get for what it is. A six link, end game capable, guaranteed drop that ALSO makes leveling a breeze? Damn.

People just underestimate the time it will take. 4 played hours per character worked out to be average for me; I farmed seven of them. So if you're running 3 characters, around 12 hours. My last character to get it was at lvl 8 and 10% and happened to find seven other uniques before Oni, that was kinda wild.

PS forgot to say - I didn't mind it. I think it's original and kind of a chill grind. Settle in to it, put on some music. Don't try it if you're in a hurry, just buy it then.
Last edited by Thraellic on Jan 14, 2018, 9:05:06 AM
Day for each. That what it took to me. And i had to make some pauses and breaks because wow. BUT it is worth it.
"
And it's probably going to be harder next time, so I'd say enjoy the lightweight grind while it lasts.

Or just buy the damn thing. It's bargain-basement price for what it does.

Wait you're nerfing the drop rate? =(7
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info