oni-goroshi drop conditions - a strongly worded letter

I too think droprate (better, chanche of Uber Hillock to spawn) feels perfect right now,lvlling up to 7+ in average in TS is no small feat imho. If you think there are too many OG atm it's also because it's a new toy, and one that a lot of us want to play with 'cause it looks cool and powerful. I for example am not going to grind TS in the next league as I did now (got 5 OG, more than plenty for me)...

But in the end it's up to GGG - and Charan, since it's his sword ;-)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Uhhh they're still discussing it but most end game with it in general they don't care I mean we can just buy the thing if we wanted too but the accessibility is what makes your sword pretty trucking good too.

But a couple of them actually liked grinding it despite it was frustrating.

This was said by your favorite person the one who nicknamed you XD

- ''Hes the fucking overload he gets what he wants so by all means if he doesn't agree with the nerf imo he should just say shut the fuck up I give you A LOT of money so don't fucking nerf it assuming he doesn't with agree with nerf but that's just me''

Overall I think the conditions right now are perfect they don't need to be touched it is honestly perfect.

Accessibility
The ability to end game

Good shit.

*hugs her

You know some real fucking idiots, you know that? :)

We'll see how it goes. Discount the novelty factor and maybe it's fine as is.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Wazz72 wrote:
I too think droprate (better, chanche of Uber Hillock to spawn) feels perfect right now,lvlling up to 7+ in average in TS is no small feat imho. If you think there are too many OG atm it's also because it's a new toy, and one that a lot of us want to play with 'cause it looks cool and powerful. I for example am not going to grind TS in the next league as I did now (got 5 OG, more than plenty for me)...

But in the end it's up to GGG - and Charan, since it's his sword ;-)

Yepp, thinks it's fine, actually it's better then fine. It's a way for someone to get a 6L weapon with some grinding and thats great!
It takes what? about 3-4h (up to 8ish if your unlucky) to grind one? Thats not bad, but you're not getting anything else you can use during that time.
I usually grind for a Tablua on almost all my chars and that takes about 10h for me, and thats fine esp since you get drops that you actually can use (and xp) during that.
So compare those two, I think drop rate/time spent for the ONI is just fine.

Did I grind one? yepp! why? it was new :)
Do I use it? nope, melee isn't really my cup of tea.
Will I grind for one next league? maybe... depends on the build I want to do.. no idea actually.

Just having the option feel great. I'd love more stuff like this.
got 2, each time i grinded to level 8... My bad rng is legendary (not quite but look at my profiles : never droped a kaom, shavronne, or anything really valuable, I've got a 6 months + playing everyday (almost) without an exalt drop !) !!!

5 hours with marauder heavy strike, 3 h with scion ST/onslaught... yeah...
... nothing
"
__Z__ wrote:
got 2, each time i grinded to level 8... My bad rng is legendary (not quite but look at my profiles : never droped a kaom, shavronne, or anything really valuable, I've got a 6 months + playing everyday (almost) without an exalt drop !) !!!

5 hours with marauder heavy strike, 3 h with scion ST/onslaught... yeah...

Was it worth it?

Spoiler
im doing it too. 0 drops. At least i got wanderlust
"
"
Uhhh they're still discussing it but most end game with it in general they don't care I mean we can just buy the thing if we wanted too but the accessibility is what makes your sword pretty trucking good too.

But a couple of them actually liked grinding it despite it was frustrating.

This was said by your favorite person the one who nicknamed you XD

- ''Hes the fucking overload he gets what he wants so by all means if he doesn't agree with the nerf imo he should just say shut the fuck up I give you A LOT of money so don't fucking nerf it assuming he doesn't with agree with nerf but that's just me''

Overall I think the conditions right now are perfect they don't need to be touched it is honestly perfect.

Accessibility
The ability to end game

Good shit.

*hugs her

You know some real fucking idiots, you know that? :)

We'll see how it goes. Discount the novelty factor and maybe it's fine as is.

They're MY idiots :3
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Sa_Re wrote:
But if I'd need thousands of runs instead of hundreds, I won't bother anymore in the future.

Then you are not worthy of Her. :P

All jokes aside, though...you're not.

:O

"
OKAY seriously this time: I think if you're keeping track of the number of times you're going about it in an ultimately unsatisfying way.

Nah, I had fun farming that huge undead guy. It was easy to keep track there because every run but two (I think) yielded 1% xp. ;)

I reached almost 130 dps with my lvl 6 Shadow.

The unfun part was that Hillock dropped only one other unique, Enzomyte Peak on my witch. :S
Last edited by Sa_Re on Jan 16, 2018, 11:40:52 AM
and now think how long it takes to get any uber atziri item or even HH these few hours for a 6l end game item is awesome and 50c is very cheap for it too. Other 6l unikes go for dozens of ex
I found this thread earlier when I was looking up info on oni-goroshi after seeing it in a random reddit browsing for something else.

I have to say it annoys me to see someone complains about farming an item with a reasonable drop rate if you take less than 5 minutes to read up on some information readily available.

The only reason I even started playing PoE was because I was deciding initially on whether or not I wanted to buy D3 or Starcraft 2. I was pvping and soloing ubers in D2 years ago and wanted to revisit that experience albeit in an updated form since my mules were long gone anyway. Instead I found that D3 lacked the customization I wanted and I really liked GGG's business model - most free to play based games restrict content and access in some form.

As a new player, I'm basically having to learn everything - and the most painful part of that is the itemization and economy. And learning it is daunting - it actually requires effort to pursue the research. I don't enjoy doing said reading, but I do it for the benefit of my gaming experience.

I'm also coming from a mmorpg based on a major franchise. Aside from the lack of new content, they essentially dumbed down the entire system to make it more accessible to the "casual" player. It ultimately led to plenty of max level characters running around who failed horribly at the most basic of challenges. Most of the veteran populace left out of dissatisfaction and most of the fresh meat struggled at the easiest difficulties despite them being made dramatically easier than they used to be.

So, suffice it to say I can't help but be a little annoyed to see someone bother to complain because they feel entitled as a "casual player" to not have to spend a bit of time and effort to get something they want.

I myself had no particular need for the item, but as I tend to reference D2, I was a lot more accustomed to seeing a lot more uniques and set items from boss farming so the thought of a fairly consistent drop seemed nice.

Now, to be completely fair, when I first started farming for the sword I was so bored I decided to sleep instead. Even the second time, I barely made any more headway before going to sleep out of sheer boredom. But I took breaks, and I was able to get 2 swords so far. As I actually have no plans for said swords, its not too exciting, yet despite said boredom it was still far less painful than my initial farming for humility cards to get my first tabula rasa, and that item I had a far greater need for.

There is nothing wrong with being a casual player - until you expect to be given the same rewards other players put far more time and effort to earn. If all the best gear was handed out almost instantly - there would be no sense of reward and very little reason to play reiterations of the same content over and over. I mean to this day I still somehow remember finding a tal rasha amulet off Act 4 normal in Diablo 2 yet can't remember any one of the 3-4 times I actually found a SoJ despite it having far more trade value.

While spending several hours to earn an item may seem extreme, the sheer fact that you can practically guarantee it to happen speaks volumes. For example, I was looking at potential gear for my main - basic magic/rare 6l was in the 30-50ish chaos range, vs the prettier uniques which would be several hundred chaos - so I ended up settling on a 5l unique for I think 15 or 25 chaos.

Given that I'm maybe 3 to 4 weeks into the game, I've already had over 50 chaos, so its entirely possible for a casual to see that number. My highest level has yet to leave act 9 and the majority of chaos orbs I have came through dumping the excess of alterations I had. I could have even more chaos if I bothered to convert more currency. I haven't even touched end game as I'm still learning plenty about the game and mechanics - but at least I'm no longer having to zerg glass cannons just to get through boss fights anymore.

Yep, totally over league play.
Spoiler
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
I found this thread earlier when I was looking up info on oni-goroshi after seeing it in a random reddit browsing for something else.

I have to say it annoys me to see someone complains about farming an item with a reasonable drop rate if you take less than 5 minutes to read up on some information readily available.

The only reason I even started playing PoE was because I was deciding initially on whether or not I wanted to buy D3 or Starcraft 2. I was pvping and soloing ubers in D2 years ago and wanted to revisit that experience albeit in an updated form since my mules were long gone anyway. Instead I found that D3 lacked the customization I wanted and I really liked GGG's business model - most free to play based games restrict content and access in some form.

As a new player, I'm basically having to learn everything - and the most painful part of that is the itemization and economy. And learning it is daunting - it actually requires effort to pursue the research. I don't enjoy doing said reading, but I do it for the benefit of my gaming experience.

I'm also coming from a mmorpg based on a major franchise. Aside from the lack of new content, they essentially dumbed down the entire system to make it more accessible to the "casual" player. It ultimately led to plenty of max level characters running around who failed horribly at the most basic of challenges. Most of the veteran populace left out of dissatisfaction and most of the fresh meat struggled at the easiest difficulties despite them being made dramatically easier than they used to be.

So, suffice it to say I can't help but be a little annoyed to see someone bother to complain because they feel entitled as a "casual player" to not have to spend a bit of time and effort to get something they want.

I myself had no particular need for the item, but as I tend to reference D2, I was a lot more accustomed to seeing a lot more uniques and set items from boss farming so the thought of a fairly consistent drop seemed nice.

Now, to be completely fair, when I first started farming for the sword I was so bored I decided to sleep instead. Even the second time, I barely made any more headway before going to sleep out of sheer boredom. But I took breaks, and I was able to get 2 swords so far. As I actually have no plans for said swords, its not too exciting, yet despite said boredom it was still far less painful than my initial farming for humility cards to get my first tabula rasa, and that item I had a far greater need for.

There is nothing wrong with being a casual player - until you expect to be given the same rewards other players put far more time and effort to earn. If all the best gear was handed out almost instantly - there would be no sense of reward and very little reason to play reiterations of the same content over and over. I mean to this day I still somehow remember finding a tal rasha amulet off Act 4 normal in Diablo 2 yet can't remember any one of the 3-4 times I actually found a SoJ despite it having far more trade value.

While spending several hours to earn an item may seem extreme, the sheer fact that you can practically guarantee it to happen speaks volumes. For example, I was looking at potential gear for my main - basic magic/rare 6l was in the 30-50ish chaos range, vs the prettier uniques which would be several hundred chaos - so I ended up settling on a 5l unique for I think 15 or 25 chaos.

Given that I'm maybe 3 to 4 weeks into the game, I've already had over 50 chaos, so its entirely possible for a casual to see that number. My highest level has yet to leave act 9 and the majority of chaos orbs I have came through dumping the excess of alterations I had. I could have even more chaos if I bothered to convert more currency. I haven't even touched end game as I'm still learning plenty about the game and mechanics - but at least I'm no longer having to zerg glass cannons just to get through boss fights anymore.

Nice insights.

As a casual n00b hoarder that has played PoE "only" for ~5K hours, I'll give you some advice.

If you appreciate your time, make sure you go "moar" towards the meta side if you prefer to lean on "trading" regarding item progress.

If you can spend time "moar" easily, you'll be better served by at least hoarding, as even in Standard, certain items are constantly getting LEGACY status and you can always make "bank" if you simply play the game.

Don't be discouraged, and you will ALWAYS progress as long as you don't "bite more than you can chew".

And Oni-Goroshi farming became an exceptional way of bringing back the feeling of having a guaranteed item that can serve you all the way since you start your journey to it's end. Twilight Strand farming gets very relaxing as long as you don't rush for an Oni. If Uber Hillock would be a tad "moar" difficult (as in having some various moves closer to how the one in Dunes map works), it would be a lot more epic.

And the sole thing it needs to be done is having it's encounter chance "guaranteed" at a later level like 9 or 10, with maybe a tad of adjustment regarding it's encounter chance for the amount of runs for levels starting from 7...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info