oni-goroshi drop conditions - a strongly worded letter

Honestly, at first I didn't even think it was always 6 linked, just the versions linked here were already, and I still felt it was worth it.

In all honesty, from lvl6 to 7 you get about 5% per run, so its 20 runs and propably as much before 6. If it takes you two mins per run (1 for the run, 1 for the reset) you should need about 2 hours to actually get a chance at the sword. And if you do it with 2 chars you usually can get 2 swords without more time investment than getting one.

And honestly I like the idea behind the sword it is not too good for it to be too easy to get, but it is good enough that you feel good about grinding for it.

The worst thing though... I actually want to use it and play with it through all of the story just to listen to all the stupid stuff it says :P
Last edited by Emphasy on Dec 29, 2017, 3:23:21 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Okay, so all jokes aside, it is possible to spawn OG before level 7 but the chances go way up after. And you spend longer at level 7 than 1-6 combined so that makes it seem like 7 is the threshold. It. Is. Not.

But for now it is by far the most reliable way to get it.

I would never allow GGG to put a hidden drop condition like level 7 only with no hints first. The recipe hunt was cruel enough and it had way more hints.

So I agree it feels unfair right now but it is not.

And the rarity will have to go up in future or SSF leagues will be very very one-note for the first day.

Hey, I got a question. I was circle jerking in Global and people brought up this topic. Again, people say level 7 is required and that those who were involved in the making of this sword only were responsible for the flavour text and nothing else. Not that, I am doubting you..but is there a possibility that GGG can just change drop conditions as they like without consulting you first?
Has anyone managed to get more than one sword on the same character after they fixed the /remaining "exploit"?
"
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Okay, so all jokes aside, it is possible to spawn OG before level 7 but the chances go way up after. And you spend longer at level 7 than 1-6 combined so that makes it seem like 7 is the threshold. It. Is. Not.

I would never allow GGG to put a hidden drop condition like level 7 only with no hints first. The recipe hunt was cruel enough and it had way more hints.

And the rarity will have to go up in future or SSF leagues will be very very one-note for the first day.

Hey, I got a question. I was circle jerking in Global and people brought up this topic. Again, people say level 7 is required and that those who were involved in the making of this sword only were responsible for the flavour text and nothing else. Not that, I am doubting you..but is there a possibility that GGG can just change drop conditions as they like without consulting you first?

It's absolutely possible but I'd like to believe they wouldn't. I do have a relatively comfortable working relationship with the devs and my involvement went well beyond the flavour text. This is difficult to convey however, because to the 'average' player, GGG is the enemy and they just do their own thing. I know a different GGG and have known them for years. There is virtually no reconciling what I know and believe with what the hivemind knows and believes. But given I talk to/bug Chris at least a few times a week (especially lately), whose truth is more likely to be closer to *the* truth? You could argue theirs, because Chris might well be a lying bastard who hates the playerbase and does whatever he wants but that attitude does not mesh with everything else we know of him. Common sense is not found in any significant quantity in the hivemind. It is inconvenient to its desired reality.

Do yourself a favour: don't listen to the dickheads in global. They're ignorant on pretty much every subject they discuss that isn't 'praise toucan' and 'traps are gay'. I spent a good four days watching and interacting with globals 1 and 2 on Abyss non-SSF and I found exactly 3 people who weren't the stereotypical hivemind gamer spewing memes and going with the flow. The vast majority were utterly uninterested in learning the truth even when they asked for it.

So yeah, it's possible. But they've always informed me in the past when such changes are made (consulted is probably a better word -- this precedent was set when they changed the rarity of my first sword to T1 once they actually created rarity tiers). Why change that now? What possible gain is there in suddenly not-involving me after years of doing so? I see none. They know I'm super invested in these swords and that at the same time I'm very concerned with game health, which is why I genuinely feel OG should be rarer, but not until next league when players can be told in advance of the rarity change, in the spirit of fairness.

Apologies for the long answer but you did ask. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
"
鬼殺し wrote:

It's absolutely possible but I'd like to believe they wouldn't. I do have a relatively comfortable working relationship with the devs and my involvement went well beyond the flavour text. This is difficult to convey however, because to the 'average' player, GGG is the enemy and they just do their own thing. I know a different GGG and have known them for years. There is virtually no reconciling what I know and believe with what the hivemind knows and believes. But given I talk to/bug Chris at least a few times a week (especially lately), whose truth is more likely to be closer to *the* truth? You could argue theirs, because Chris might well be a lying bastard who hates the playerbase and does whatever he wants but that attitude does not mesh with everything else we know of him. Common sense is not found in any significant quantity in the hivemind. It is inconvenient to its desired reality.

Do yourself a favour: don't listen to the dickheads in global. They're ignorant on pretty much every subject they discuss that isn't 'praise toucan' and 'traps are gay'. I spent a good four days watching and interacting with globals 1 and 2 on Abyss non-SSF and I found exactly 3 people who weren't the stereotypical hivemind gamer spewing memes and going with the flow. The vast majority were utterly uninterested in learning the truth even when they asked for it.

So yeah, it's possible. But they've always informed me in the past when such changes are made (consulted is probably a better word -- this precedent was set when they changed the rarity of my first sword to T1 once they actually created rarity tiers). Why change that now? What possible gain is there in suddenly not-involving me after years of doing so? I see none. They know I'm super invested in these swords and that at the same time I'm very concerned with game health, which is why I genuinely feel OG should be rarer, but not until next league when players can be told in advance of the rarity change, in the spirit of fairness.

Apologies for the long answer but you did ask. :)

No no problem. Its quite interesting to see what goes behind and what happens after you lets call it ''invest'' into custom content. I do not see much what happens nor will I be able to afford that much.
Also, I share your opinion about the rarity of OG. It is a pretty great and strong sword, which is somewhat easy to attain. It would be fun if [Uber] Hillcock, went from a meatbag to a more mechanical fight. Hits hard, but avoidable and even more avoidable for the skilled players. Though one can only dream. Making it rarer seems much easier. Well thanks for your honesty. In advance, Happy new Year to everyone here
Got it. took me 2 days, but worth it. it's a great sword and feels like what Goddess Unleashed should have been.
using it on my main char now.

This also completes my collection of Charan's swords (for now).

"
It would be fun if [Uber] Hillcock, went from a meatbag to a more mechanical fight. Hits hard, but avoidable and even more avoidable for the skilled players.

Agree. my point exactly.
I knew what to expect from Uber Hillock and unfortunately I was right - he's Hillock with 10x life. that's pretty much it.
Uber Hillock should be just that - Uber. he needs to have some new moves.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
It dropped after 1:44 hour for me. Was one of my three characters, started to think it was a big troll.

Advice :
1: from level 1 to 7 kill all mobs in area then Hillcock and relog
2: Have about 3 characters (from level 7 - 4 characters) to relog and farm area
3: Your Best upgrade is movement speed on boots.
4: Scion is nice cause of movent speed bonus on top right.
5: Be patient. Or do it during watching TV - worked best for me.
Last edited by Mbaaio on Dec 30, 2017, 5:56:15 PM
"
to the 'average' player, GGG is the enemy and they just do their own thing.

well, ggg did their best to reach that point.

they openly confirmed that most of the important suggestions come from their own employees now that they're reaching for the hundred peeps in their tower of power.

if they give in to player suggestions, it's imho mostly to reddit witch hunts and freebie mobs who openly support botting, not their supporters here. and there are very few sane redditors left who are able to calm down the masses.

they almost got rid of acknowleding any monetary support towards the game, supporter pack titles got nerfed to only display half of them, amazing mtx are sold out to anybody who can spare 5$ or get some achievements done, buying stash tabs has diminished returns when it comes to convenience and handling alot of them ...

i think continuing on that path will not end well. the average supporter doesn't identify himself with the game if he gets buyer's remorse if others make a better deal for the same mtx.

---

just let that situation sink:
- the best mtx can't be gotten by supporting the game but successfully playing it
- the amazing mtx which you got by playing the game ever keep their value
- you lose money by sporadically spending money on mtx cause it's likely "on sale" tomorrow
- the best strategy to get some mtx you want is to not support until it's "on sale" in a year or longer

i'm amazed it still works but it got a long way down to that state.
Just farmed it on the third char.

Got it on the first run after hitting level 8. Did they change it?
Can you do this on standard, or do you have to farm him with a league character?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info