oni-goroshi drop conditions - a strongly worded letter

"
"
And it's probably going to be harder next time, so I'd say enjoy the lightweight grind while it lasts.

Or just buy the damn thing. It's bargain-basement price for what it does.

Wait you're nerfing the drop rate? =(7

It's been discussed. I think the abundance of the item has somewhat undermined its value. It's been an interesting experiment though.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
nooo don't nerf it T-T
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I am so thankful that there are people like you, that will go and farm the item, so I can buy it when you get bored of it :-P
Just got mine, total /played time 4hrs 19mins 35secs, character was almost level 8. Finally found Uber Hillock and he was tougher than all the rest. Also wielded the sword which I thought was super cool.

Lovely sword, will be fun to level with!
Last edited by hjerk1782 on Jan 16, 2018, 12:02:21 AM
"
"
"
And it's probably going to be harder next time, so I'd say enjoy the lightweight grind while it lasts.

Or just buy the damn thing. It's bargain-basement price for what it does.

Wait you're nerfing the drop rate? =(7

It's been discussed. I think the abundance of the item has somewhat undermined its value. It's been an interesting experiment though.

Please don't! It won't drop realistically before level 7. You need to kill Hillock 102 times to level from 6 to 7 alone. 99% of the time the farmer is just running through the area or waiting for the area to reset.

Farming one has been fun. It was interesting to see how far I could push the dps of my Hillock farmers. But if I'd need thousands of runs instead of hundreds, I won't bother anymore in the future.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
But if I'd need thousands of runs instead of hundreds, I won't bother anymore in the future.

Then you are not worthy of Her. :P

All jokes aside, though...you're not.

OKAY seriously this time: I think if you're keeping track of the number of times you're going about it in an ultimately unsatisfying way. The deterministic farming starts and ends with who drops it. Everything else (in this case, the spawn rate of Hillock The Embraced) should be a matter of chance, regardless of how low that chance might be.

So it's completely fair and delightfully political of me to say that GGG will never change the drop rate of Oni-Goroshi. It's always 100%.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Yeah but time required for acquaring one is kinda... frustrating.

But on the other hand with this sword new league might be not so racy anymore.
"
"
Sa_Re wrote:
But if I'd need thousands of runs instead of hundreds, I won't bother anymore in the future.

Then you are not worthy of Her. :P

All jokes aside, though...you're not.

OKAY seriously this time: I think if you're keeping track of the number of times you're going about it in an ultimately unsatisfying way. The deterministic farming starts and ends with who drops it. Everything else (in this case, the spawn rate of Hillock The Embraced) should be a matter of chance, regardless of how low that chance might be.

So it's completely fair and delightfully political of me to say that GGG will never change the drop rate of Oni-Goroshi. It's always 100%.

Heh this is on discord :D

- ''He nerfs it it my as well become worthless''
- ''Most of the time it's just a twink item'
- ''It is wonderful for end game in addition the fact that takes so long to farm isn't a good time''
- ''Sure you can buy it that's a key factor their but in most cases if the drop rate was nerfed severely the price would go up by a lot right? Shit if that's the case the user would just buy a different weapon.
- ''It's good because of it's accessibility and the ability to do end game with it''
- ''It may not be worthless as I've said but it's just not going to be used a lot by the majority if it's going to be a pain in the ass to get as it is''
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
And?

People are selfish. Of course they're going to be upset if a change is made that is personally negative to them even if it's a good move overall. But really, 'people are selfish' is all I had to say. The hivemind channels and focuses that selfishness. I could take the time to argue it, and individually I could sway people to see my perspective, but why bother? They don't control the game; GGG does. And I am willing to bet they're more on board with reviewing the spawn rate of Hillock The Embraced than even I am.

In short -- what they say doesn't matter in this case. And they know it, which is why the hivemind is an essentially negative entity. Individually, they're powerless. Voiceless. An upvote. A downvote. Whatever.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 16, 2018, 1:24:09 AM
Uhhh they're still discussing it but most end game with it in general they don't care I mean we can just buy the thing if we wanted too but the accessibility is what makes your sword pretty trucking good too.

But a couple of them actually liked grinding it despite it was frustrating.

This was said by your favorite person the one who nicknamed you XD

- ''Hes the fucking overload he gets what he wants so by all means if he doesn't agree with the nerf imo he should just say shut the fuck up I give you A LOT of money so don't fucking nerf it assuming he doesn't with agree with nerf but that's just me''

Overall I think the conditions right now are perfect they don't need to be touched it is honestly perfect.

Accessibility
The ability to end game

Good shit.

*hugs her
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 16, 2018, 1:28:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type