oni-goroshi drop conditions - a strongly worded letter

Warning, this is a rant and will most likely contain cursing and insults.

To whichever developer decided on this, you are either a master troll or a sadistic asshole.

Someone in chat linked this cool looking sword, and I asked how to get it. Oh its dropped by hillock? Cool Ive never farmed for anything before Im going to try for this. An hour and a half later I havent gotten any unique drop from hillock and I go to casually complain about it in chat. Im told you have to be level 7 before it will even have a *chance* of dropping. Im like, wtf?? Ive been at this for an hour and a half and im only halfway to level 5!! Each run through the area is only getting me like 1/20th of a level.

I dont mind if you want to make an item rare. Make it as rare as you want. But putting insane grinding conditions on it before it even has a *chance* to drop? Fuck you. These conditions are completely unfair to your casual players. Items should always have at some chance, no matter how small to drop when you naturally encounter the enemy that drops it. Even if its only 1/1000 chance, still give the chance. To do anything else alienates a huge part of your customer base. As it stands this item is completely unavailable to the casual player. It can *only* be attained by the dedicated farmers, meaning they get to charge whatever price they want on poetrade. The cheapest one right now is 50c. Fifty fucking chaos orbs! No causal player is going to have that much money this early in the season! Please let luck give us at least some chance to get this item, then maybe the price will drop and everyone will have some chance to enjoy it. If not? Well then fuck yourselves.

*EDIT/UPDATE*
So I have been informed by someone in some position of authority that this sword does not actually have a hard level 7 limit. It simply is much more common after level 7, but it still does have a chance to drop earlier. Apparently the common knowledge on this item in global chat is wrong, which led to my being wrong. Sorry for the rant and happy farming everyone.
Last edited by LittleKittyAmy on Dec 23, 2017, 9:12:35 AM
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2018, 10:20:28 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Lmao "no casual player is gonna have 50c". Get good and stop complaining 50c is nothing 2 weeks into the league. You can literally earn that in an hour
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
I'm guessing this is trolling/satire.
I found mine in 1 hours and 39 minutes played time on the character I dropped it with. You're close so don't give up and cry so easily. I was honestly surprised it's been dropping so frequently. It's not that hard to farm, I feel you are just being lazy.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
50c isnt *nothing*. Ive had a 63 that beat the main game (in MAYHEM race with massive amounts of loot drop) and he wouldnt have even half the chaos orbs to afford that item. Chaos orbs are insanely rare. "Get good" is the most asshole-ish non-advice you can give. I can beat the game just fine. Skill level has nothing to do with drop rates which are pure luck.
So, if it's the price you're complaining about, then I'd recommend you the chaos orb recipe (unided rare set ilvl 60-74, gives 2c).
If it's the drop chance you're complaining about, there IS a divination card for it. Sure, you need a lot of em, but it's an option. Also, the drop condition was apparently added to prevent that sword from ever dropping in races at a point where it could annihilate all balance in the ladder.
Well then, good luck with your farming (be it hillock, cards or rare sets), and may you soon get your own

Sincerely, a person who didn't even find a pair of boots with movement speed before obtaining oni-goroshi.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
viciousnugget wrote:
I found mine in 1 hours and 39 minutes played time on the character I dropped it with. You're close so don't give up and cry so easily. I was honestly surprised it's been dropping so frequently. It's not that hard to farm, I feel you are just being lazy.

How did you even get to level 7 in so short a time? Im only at level 4.5 in that same amount of time. Given the massive XP dropoff at level 5 im not even halfway there.

I feel like people are missing the point. Its not the fact you have to farm for the item. Its the fact that you have to farm the zone before the item will even start to drop, then you still have to farm for the item itself after that. This means that literally *ONLY* farmers can get the item. Theres no chance for a lucky drop for a casual player. An item should never be 100% limited to only a certain type of playstyle.
Last edited by LittleKittyAmy on Dec 23, 2017, 12:39:25 AM
"
"
viciousnugget wrote:

How did you even get to level 7 in so short a time? Im only at level 4.5 in that same amount of time. Given the massive XP dropoff at level 5 im not even halfway there.

I feel like people are missing the point. Its not the fact you have to farm for the item. Its the fact that you have to farm the zone before the item will even start to drop, then you still have to farm for the item itself after that. This means that literally *ONLY* farmers can get the item. Theres no chance for a lucky drop for a casual player.

Which, as I tried to explain, was the intention. Imagine that thing dropping in a race! Sure, stuff like the goddess bound are strong aswell in races... but those last only a little while. This one you can use forever if properly prepared to do so.

Also about the time... I guess it's the character's /played time. Which makes perfect sense if he were running a 4 char rota.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Imagine, free guaranteed 6l item that scale with your level. Mind = blown. #worthit
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
This is a guarantee 6-link, end-game viable, 1-lvl req item. Do you want to get it in a 10 mins of mindless grind? And you are crying after 1.5hours? Like.. seriously? SSF players can grind 8 hours in aqueduct just to get a single tabla-rasa..

Pathetic. Spend a few hours or spend some currency, if you really want this sword.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info