Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

oni-goroshi drop conditions - a strongly worded letter

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
As I actually have no plans for said swords, its not too exciting, yet despite said boredom it was still far less painful than my initial farming for humility cards to get my first tabula rasa, and that item I had a far greater need for.

A little insight in return: I'm an old PoE player who remembers a time when a 6L was the holy grail of the game. When there was no tabula, no Vorici crafting. And I did first propose Oni-Goroshi (or her original form, The Goddess Unleashed) way back then. The idea of a built-in 6L but with hefty drawbacks always appealed to me. So to see a new player feel a scaling 6L sword with a perfectly manageable drawback that takes maybe 5 hours to get is 'not too exciting' is a little weird, but that's just me forgetting where the game is now. And then I think, if it's not too exciting, why did you do it? Hell, I'm STILL baffled why so many people did it, how it became sort of a meme when the only thing my earlier efforts at designing uniques (severely handicapped by last minute GGG interference at least once) garnered was a lot of scorn and disdain. So I figure everyone did it because everyone was doing it.

Lord knows most of them bitched about it the whole time. Global 1 was full of people asking themselves wtf they're even doing it, which would then be met with the inevitable sharing of OGs from those who had either endured the grind or bought one -- and due to the imminent market saturation, the price plummeted appropriately.

Oh, as for casuals -- the sword was made by this self-style Ruler of Casuals (and Wraeclast). It's aimed squarely at me and mine. People who are too casual to really get into the high stakes grind of end-game (so little reward for so much risk) and so turn lower end stuff into arbitrary grinds. A bit like ad hoc races and games in a backyard pool because the Olympic pool is full of, yknow, Olympiads.

I hope you do figure out some exciting way of using it, but if not, may your two copies of my sword serve as a memento for that time you played PoE a bit like an MMO.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
If Uber Hillock would be a tad "moar" difficult (as in having some various moves closer to how the one in Dunes map works), it would be a lot more epic.

And the sole thing it needs to be done is having it's encounter chance "guaranteed" at a later level like 9 or 10, with maybe a tad of adjustment regarding it's encounter chance for the amount of runs for levels starting from 7...

Hmmm.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
Twilight Strand farming gets very relaxing as long as you don't rush for an Oni.

"
and now think how long it takes to get any uber atziri item or even HH these few hours for a 6l end game item is awesome and 50c is very cheap for it too. Other 6l unikes go for dozens of ex

These two quotes, man. So much truth that people probably don't want to listen to. Satisfaction is when you loosen up your expectations and enjoy what you get.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
- ''The sword is SO FUCKING GOOD''
- ''Hey remember when talked mad shit cuz he made such a shit sword''
- ''Now I'm using it lol sup with dat''
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The Sword quickly became one of my favorite Uniques in the game, and enabled my most fun to play character yet.
Well done Charan!

But I'm still salty about how BS obtaining it feels.
Feels like a human bot, and Uber Hillock should be an epic fight rather than just Hillock with more life.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
The Sword quickly became one of my favorite Uniques in the game, and enabled my most fun to play character yet.
Well done Charan!

My sentiments exactly!

"
johnKeys wrote:
But I'm still salty about how BS obtaining it feels.
Feels like a human bot, and Uber Hillock should be an epic fight rather than just Hillock with more life.

It never made me feel that way, I've quite enjoyed the min/maxing of a low lvl char to make the runs as fast as possible. As I've said elsewhere, it reminds me of countless Pindleskin runs. Good times.

It would be nice if uber Hillock was more of an epic fight instead of just taking 5x as long to kill without actually being dangerous. If he does hit harder than normal Hillock you can't really tell being so overleveled for the zone.

13 Oni's farmed at this point btw. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
- ''The sword is SO FUCKING GOOD''
- ''Hey remember when talked mad shit cuz he made such a shit sword''
- ''Now I'm using it lol sup with dat''

Wait until they find out I didn't design it at all. I realised I am hopelessly bad at too important rich to sit around wasting time designing items so I just threw some spare change at GGG and told them to 'make it as OP as possible kthx' and went off on my luxury yacht cruising the Mediterranean. I pointedly ignored any calls from New Zealand (and there were a lot) because it's not my job to make OP items for their game. Useless, I tell you. Useless.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 3, 2018, 8:40:56 PM
Crew's going to be farming the shit out of next league I ain't doing that fuck that lol.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I just got the third one to drop finally - one more and I can stop running that set of 4 - altho I have another set of 3 started, but thankfully there's no rush on those guys.

You're definitely right tho - its a bit of a mmo mindset. Ironically, what I really want to see is a tab drop but I've seen all of one thousand ribbons and aside from that and the swords no other uniques.... at all.

I think seeing strongboxes in game that get a 1000%+ rarity modifier drop mostly blue and whites really gave me an idea of just how infrequent they drop.

But on the flip side, after taking a rarity modifier jewel out of my herald of ice linkup I've also noticed a sharp decline in yellows but that just makes for a lot less vendoring anyway.

Its still weird not focusing on farming bosses for me - I've redone the act bosses here and there just to gauge performance and I'm in a much better place than when I initially did them that's for sure.

I lost count of the Baal and Mephisto runs I used to do, let alone uber runs.

I would probably have finished act 10 and started maps by now but I don't know where I'm gonna fit resists for the next difficulty penalty.

Also I'm finding now that I would have spent less money investing into d3 - the more storage space you get the faster it seems to fill - then there's the sorting =p

Oh and it would be kinda nice if the fight was more epic - but really its not like you can expect much out of a character that's never even left the starting area.
Yep, totally over league play.
Last edited by SeCKSEgai on Feb 4, 2018, 2:19:59 AM
Well we did go a long way since Baal.
Diablo 1&2 are both in my all time top 5, but by today's RPG standards their repetitiveness and RNG is lackluster.

"Run, reset, run" becomes tiresome eventually. Especially when stuff don't hit back.
I'm sorry but farming Hillock to me feels like bullying a retarded person. Just ... wrong.
Uber Hillock needs something else. He needs to become an Act 6/7/9 god fight when he enrages and pulls out Oni.
All within limits of what a level 6/7/8-ish character can handle, of course. But he needs to be a badass.
Level 7 char didn't stop GGG from throwing you against 5 Rogue Exiles, in the past.

And the Zombies can take a page from TQ/GD's book and level with your character.
You become stronger = they hit harder.

Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Feb 4, 2018, 3:39:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info