[3.2] 15c BF BoR Champion/Zerker- Shaper/Guardians/Red Elder & Guardians/Uber Lab/Atziri

"
itskaeo wrote:
If you're using a 6L chest for BF, that would free up sockets on your helm slot. What would you use in there?

I would probably throw on a Starkonja's myself. Life+crit is nice. For more damage a rat's nest, and for even more suicidal damage, an Abyssus :)

"
MaSterX_BG wrote:
Is what I plan to use for both single and aoe damage right now... at least till price goes down for better single target or I get rich :D

That'll do nicely!

"
Fastosh wrote:
Hi,

First, thank you for that interesting build.

I'm looking to recycle my berserker in standard league.
I don't trade and don't play much in standard atm, so i'm not sure if will have one of these stat-stick weapons.
I aim to use my remaining maps from harbinger without investing too much time in it.

In your opinion, is there any way to replace it("Enemies killed explode dealing 5% of their Life as Fire Damage"), with something like abyssal cry // breath of the council in offhand for example ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Death's Hand is a wonderful and cheap stat-stick! Though in standard you should still be able to get a shaper/elder item since that's not specific to the abyss league.

"
Vairond wrote:
What about the Stormbarrier Support gem...
I guess it would fit it, but do we need it?

Don't need it :) We'd lose damage overall by replacing a support with it, power charges or not.

"
Jerle wrote:
just wondering if its worth adding herald of ice for more explosions?

I wouldn't. The shaped item itself will clear extremely well and you'd have to turn off herald of ash for herald of ice which will decrease your overall dps substantially.

"
What about 6L + Helm with damage, example Abyssus.

That'll work perfectly! I just wanted to make something end-game capable on a budget :) But it's certainly very expandable. Abysssus is sketchy though. It'll definitely increase the chance to be one-shot.
"
thyroidgland wrote:
"
What about 6L + Helm with damage, example Abyssus.

Abyssus could work but you have to keep in mind that you're taking an additional 40-50% PLUS the 10% from Aspect of Carnage.

My recommendation would be to go for a pair of elder gloves that give you faster attacks + Chance to bleed. Then fill in your chest and helm with as much life as you can get.

Yep that's a wonderful idea. Good call.

"
DaveDMA wrote:
Hey, I like the build, however, would it be possible to use Reave in place of BF, or be able to swap them with each other if I feel like changing my playstyle? or is this build missing something big that would make it so reave simply wouldn't work?

You could and your clear would still be fine, but for single-target BF will win for certain. The DPS is quite a bit higher. If you haven't tried the shaper "enemies explode" mod yet though, I would give it a shot with BF, your clear speed is honestly already fairly ridiculous.

"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Currently leveling this in HC, i will keep you updated if its viable enough :)
You are a braver man than me! Good luck and definitely let me know how it goes :)
"
thyroidgland wrote:
Being about a week or two into the league, there are a lot of different unique leveling items you could buy that would help you level really quickly.

Redbeak -> The Princess Sabres -> Mortem Morsu -> Boodseeker
Kept the Brightbeak War Hammer in my offhand since I had a spare and enjoyed the attack speed bonus, made whirling blades much faster.

Molten Strike w/ Ancestral call & Life Gain on Hit was great. Made the switch to BF at 28. BF > Faster Attacks > Melee Phys and the last one can be your choice of chance to bleed, life gain or whatever you want. swap in a concentrated effect on bosses and watch everything melt. If you have a Tabula, even better.

Running this on AHC and have been melting every single act boss. Probably the easiest character to level so far, BF is way too damn strong when you have some phys damage on jewelry.

Right on. I'll take this all into account as I flesh out the leveling section. I did level at the beginning of the league with pretty much no uniques so my experience is not what most people would have when making the build now.

"
klaymored wrote:
Hello, thanks a lot for the build. Following it and enjoying a lot so far.

I've got a question about accuracy: you don't have a lot of it and it seems that the hit chance with your gear is less than 90%. How does that actually feels in endgame, can you notice the misses? Should I gear into accuracy to aim for 90%+ or is that not mandatory for this build? Thanks in advance.

I find that there's a break-even point between attack-speed and accuracy. If you're attacking 10 times per second with 84-86% accuracy, you're not going to notice a damn thing off. All the stuff in the video is with that accuracy rating and it went really really well. In practice, you don't notice misses at all since you're attacking so fast.

"
eleMENTAL2013 wrote:
What do you think about 5 link lightning coil + a helmet like rats nest?

I'm currently in the process of respeccing my crit sunder to transition into your build. I have a tabula, the claw + statstick and about 50-60 chaos to spend.

How would you invest this curreny to make the build as smooth as possible?

I would honestly still go with a BoR until you grab a 6-L. The damage boost from the 7-link it gives isn't made up for until you have a 6-L. If you are playing hardcore though, then you can definitely go that route with the rat's nest and still do wonderful damage while having higher survivability.

With 50-60c, I would honestly just save it. Save it until you can afford a 6-L Belly and swap then. That or getting a really really nice stat-stick for single-target. One that adds two "Gain x% of phys as fire/cold/lightning"
"
TainiBean wrote:

Using the first one for clear and crafted the second one myself, only have life nodes left from now until lv 90. But i can already tell the damage will be very good.

Build is solid, kudos OP!

Those look like great stat-sticks for the build! You should definitely be able to get through everything I did with those. That is a damn nice craft! Well done! And thank you for the kind words.

"
Denzo626262 wrote:
Well, abyss jewels are broken

Ain't that the truth. Power creep is real.

"
I'm not entirely convinced the build in general makes sense though. It's more about Blade Flurry, the Bloodseaker and the stat stick being awesome. ie: why go Berserker and crit? Do you even crit much /for much?

You do. You crit all the damn time. Crit is an interesting stat because it's effectiveness is tied to a bunch of things. It's tied to accuracy, but it's also tied to attack speed. With 30% effective crit chance, we're still critting more than 3 times/second on average with our 11.22 attacks/second. Those crits have huge increases in damage due to the nature of blade-flurry as well. Berserker is also integral in keeping the build within a certain budget. Since BloodSeeker has relatively low dps itself, the berserker helps tremendously.

I'm responding here to your final comment as well, accuracy is important, but its efficiency is again tied to attack speed. With 84-86% chance to hit, we have a 30% effective crit chance, which makes for about a 100k dps increase vs going RT and non-crit. That is about 50% more damage overall.
Hmm, I'm still levelling up with static strike, and it's feeling weak on single target bosses. Switching to blade flurry seems like a bad idea, as the tooltip dps for that is about 10% static strike's.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? In other words, what's your recommendation for levels 50-61 in terms of levelling gear and gem links?
--------------------------------------
Never mind. Apparently it does matter which weapon slot the claw goes into. I picked up an Ornament of the East for 1c, put the Blade Flurry gem set in a tabula, and that definitely is killing faster than my static strike setup which had ~5x the tooltip DPS.

So I'm good now, and this kills bosses fast too, even better.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 20, 2017, 4:02:09 AM
Thank you for detailed replies Baldersh.

Do we know what the best stats are for jewels for this?

My stat stick BTW:

I need a Vagan 7 service to scrub that Phys % off : /

Also need a Eleron service for this:

Need more Intel if I'm not mistaken, Other than that I'm pretty good to go. Slogging through leveling now. I shoulda known better than rolling Whispering Ice. The clear speed is complete ass with no Whirling Blades or Shield Charge, and the wind up time on the spell is too long IMO.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Dec 20, 2017, 2:08:19 AM
"

Slogging through leveling now. I shoulda known better than rolling Whispering Ice. The clear speed is complete ass with no Whirling Blades or Shield Charge, and the wind up time on the spell is too long IMO.

While levelling up with WI was just a bit slower for me, WI is way better on bosses than this build (during the levelling process.)

I hear you had trouble with WI in higher maps; I have to think you might not have had enough int (my char is at 1630 int and cuts through stuff very easily -- I don't use static charge either.)
"
Graiaule wrote:
"

Slogging through leveling now. I shoulda known better than rolling Whispering Ice. The clear speed is complete ass with no Whirling Blades or Shield Charge, and the wind up time on the spell is too long IMO.

While levelling up with WI was just a bit slower for me, WI is way better on bosses than this build (during the levelling process.)

I hear you had trouble with WI in higher maps; I have to think you might not have had enough int (my char is at 1630 int and cuts through stuff very easily -- I don't use static charge either.)

I had about 1400 Intel and was only 76. I just...didn't like it, and didn't see it changing. Funny thing is I;ve played the build in the past, and I thought it would be a good idea. I forgot everything I didn't like about it. I had Uber done too, so I wasn't missing the 40% more damage. It's just bad clear speed, and the ramp up time is cringe.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Dec 20, 2017, 4:03:18 AM
"

I had about 1400 Intel and was only 75. I just...didn't like it, and didn't see it changing. Funny thing is I;ve played the build in the past, and I thought it would be a good idea. I forgot everything I didn't like about it lol

Yeah, I can see the difference. Now that I have blade flurry working properly, the insta-kill response is very different than WI -- it's a whole lot twitchier.

It's nice to have two different builds I really like to play!
I have one question, if i were to go with a 6l chest, which one would be optimal?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info