[3.2] 15c BF BoR Champion/Zerker- Shaper/Guardians/Red Elder & Guardians/Uber Lab/Atziri

"
Baldersh wrote:
"
itskaeo wrote:
If you're using a 6L chest for BF, that would free up sockets on your helm slot. What would you use in there?

I would probably throw on a Starkonja's myself. Life+crit is nice. For more damage a rat's nest, and for even more suicidal damage, an Abyssus :)

Should have worded it better but I meant what skill should I put in the helm since you gain 4 sockets by using a 6L chest for BF.
your manually tapping frenzy? cwdt doesnt support it
Hey just a suggestion, you should add Lightpoacher and Haemophilia gloves to the leveling area. You go through the contest soo fast after you hit 53.

Managed to craft this item, was thinking of making a specific build and I came across yours just because i have this axe :)

Or I might sell it depending on what offers I get.
"
Graiaule wrote:
Hmm, I'm still levelling up with static strike, and it's feeling weak on single target bosses. Switching to blade flurry seems like a bad idea, as the tooltip dps for that is about 10% static strike's.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? In other words, what's your recommendation for levels 50-61 in terms of levelling gear and gem links?
--------------------------------------
Never mind. Apparently it does matter which weapon slot the claw goes into. I picked up an Ornament of the East for 1c, put the Blade Flurry gem set in a tabula, and that definitely is killing faster than my static strike setup which had ~5x the tooltip DPS.

So I'm good now, and this kills bosses fast too, even better.

Great glad to hear it's going well now. I really need to revamp the leveling section, just had a hectic couple of days.

"
Thank you for detailed replies Baldersh.

Do we know what the best stats are for jewels for this?

My stat stick BTW:

I need a Vagan 7 service to scrub that Phys % off : /

Also need a Eleron service for this:

Need more Intel if I'm not mistaken, Other than that I'm pretty good to go. Slogging through leveling now. I shoulda known better than rolling Whispering Ice. The clear speed is complete ass with no Whirling Blades or Shield Charge, and the wind up time on the spell is too long IMO.

For Jewels I did find the Abyss ones to be better for both damage and life than the regular jewels, at least on a budget. I haven't done super in-depth comparisons on jewels yet but in general, Phys Damage, Life, Crit Multi.

Nice stat stick! Wish I could help ya with the master services, I'm always terrible at doing dailies and hate rotations. I almost never get any to 8, and only 7 near the end of the league.

"
Smoknum wrote:
I have one question, if i were to go with a 6l chest, which one would be optimal?

Thanks

DamageIncorporated is on point. Both give nice survivability, I do love the Perfect Form. We get less life but free arctic armor is insane along with phase acro.

"
Delves wrote:
I have to say i'm really enjoying the build (83 atm). Usually i stayed away from BF because of the low AOE wich was a pain to farm maps with but the shaper mod and HoA makes it really fun. Tbh there was a wall i hit around lvl ~50 where my damage felt low and i was still squishy since we travel through a lot of the tree taking only +10 strength/dex so i tried the new unique - Lightpoacher. I just spammed Harbour bridge (act 8) with it and got from 53 to 65 in like an hour :D.

Glad you're enjoying it! More than one person has mentioned Lightpoacher now so I'll definitely update the guide asap with that info, thanks!

"
Tecken1407 wrote:
can global crit multi + max life on jewel work well if not better than flat phy attack?

While looking at inexpensive jewels, I found the phys+life do be much more efficient, but I haven't gone super in-depth on the jewels to be honest. Mainly because jewels get expensive pretty quickly and I wanted to focus on getting as much dps as I could within budget.

"
akinunal1337 wrote:
I am using 6L belly and starkonja helmet instead of BoR. But i am having survivability issues at around T10-11 maps already with 6500 life. Sometimes map bosses 1 shotting me and i started worrying about how i am gonna facetank guardians etc soon.

How can we increase survivability? I started using fortify instead of chance to bleed gem and it helped alot. But what else can i do? You can check my items/tree on my profile.

I took a look and it honestly looks pretty spot on for the most part. I have no idea how you could be getting one-shot in T10-T11 maps unless it's by Voll slams or something like that? Maybe some insane map mods? Even in T16 getting one-shot is kinda rare for me unless I have a bunch of added damage on Minotaur and facetank his slams so I'm not really sure what's going on. What pantheons are you using?
"
Sure glad I snagged this

cuz...better is very expensive.
Sad thing is it's not very good. Lowest possible roll on the % of phys added as fire.

I switched to Mortem Morsu at 42, which was a arbitrary level that was appropriate for me cuz I needed Intel and had a amulet waiting, and have been walking through the game.

lol@ leveling to 62 with a 100dps claw. Bladeflurry is really strong.

Awesome! Glad it's still going well. That stat-stick will do just fine!

"
Heli0nix wrote:
Hey started this build earlier today and went to level 84 without much troubles.
I leveled to level 67 using molten strike with some random claws and few changes in tree then switched to main tree and gears.

For now i just killed Atziri, guardians and the elder in yellow map tier it went ok using the right flasks ( Lightning guardian has been the only one to kill me all others were deathless ).
Did a lot of t10/t11 bosses aswell nothing to say here everything went well.

To be honest if you are going to start this build today you have to understand you will need to move in boss rooms i wouldn't recommend this build in HC if you don't know a bit some bosses mecanics.

Life leech is great, HP pool is superb if we take in consideration we have a loooottt of damages, but depending of map mods you will eventualy die no matter the amount of life you have so just step away from obvious attacks ( slams for example ) from bosses specialy if you go HC.

This build also has little to no regen except when you don't move ( pantheon ) so be sure to always hit something or you may die. It's tanky enough but some map mods may hurt a lot in red maps.

Now about clearspeed it's not what people like to call "top tier", but for a melee build it's awesome just whirl into mobs packs hit your mouse button switch to next one. Easy as that, it does the job.

That's it for my feedback, i will push it to 90 and try shaper / red guardians and edit this post tommorow.
Note on the accuracy: I can confirm this not a big deal if you can't stack many of it, still a nice QoL.

All i can say is regarding the budget this is an amazing build that surely has a lot of room for improvements and tweaks :) Talking about that i did be interested to have your thoughts about best jewel mods we could use.

Sooo that's it for this little Feedback, a big thank you for your work baldersh and for this amazing build !

Heli0nix

Awesome write-up! You definitely are gonna have to move for certain things. Stuff like Phoenix for example is a shit-show without moving. I tried to show that in the video a bit. That being said, stuff like the Elder guardians I think you can definitely do without moving quite as much as many other builds. Just during the immune phases you gotta watch out a bit cause you can't leech. But yeah, this isn't some max block gladiator or anything like that for sure. The tankiness comes entirely from leech, and you definitely can't just have your mind wandering off during the crazy bosses or you'll pay the price :P

Thank you for all your kind words and great feedback! I do appreciate it.

"
itskaeo wrote:
Should have worded it better but I meant what skill should I put in the helm since you gain 4 sockets by using a 6L chest for BF.

Gotcha, my mistake! If you're using a Perfect Form, definitely throw on Arctic Armour. Other than that I'd fill out some other supports for things. Like add Faster Attacks to Frenzy + Cull, add Increased Duration to the Immortal Call CWDT. Stuff like that. Just to make the general playstyle smoother.

"
obaybee wrote:
your manually tapping frenzy? cwdt doesnt support it

Yep! Boots are only four linked since I was using them from a while back and had some other stuff in there. I just use frenzy to cull, and just a tap every so often against the bosses that take longer than a few seconds (Shaper, Guardians, Elder... that's really mostly it). The CWDT in there is just for punishment.

"
jconaspree wrote:
Hey just a suggestion, you should add Lightpoacher and Haemophilia gloves to the leveling area. You go through the contest soo fast after you hit 53.

Great information. Thanks! I'll update the guide with those suggestions as soon as I find some time.

"
Justinglee wrote:
Managed to craft this item, was thinking of making a specific build and I came across yours just because i have this axe :)

Or I might sell it depending on what offers I get.

Yeah that is fucking beautiful. Goddamn.
Oh god, stat sticks with double "gain x% as fire/light/cold" are several exalts now... I should have boough one one they were at 10-30 chaos.
Hey, Thanks for the guide!

I see you have a level 1 frenzy in your budget setup that is linked but you say to use a level 20 one. Whats right here?

Also how am i supposed to be using frenzy? Just start off (for charges) and end engagements (for cull) with it?
@Baldersh.

Very very nice build overall, easily best of the league for me with the budget i set myself.

I got a BoR with the Blade Flurry enchant for 20c 2 days back - talk about value.

Whilst you're definitely right with 'budget' - (I foresee the prices of these items increasing a fuckton because of what this build brings.) a lot of new players who just started the league will find it incredibly annoying that prices of such items has increased tenfold.

What I can suggest for newer players is to craft their own axes. Buy a ilevel 80 base axe and mace (1-3c each) and craft mods accordingly for bossing (2 X gain phy as extra fire and cold for axe), (Fire explode and gain phy as extra fire for mace), it will be a lot cheaper than buying one from the market right now.

Last edited by Justinglee on Dec 21, 2017, 6:36:12 AM
great build enjoying it sofar , but i wish there were separate "leveling tree stages" in path of building though, i kinda dont fully understand yet, what passives im supposed to rush first and what to leave till last levels, im passing on sockets atm idk if its good :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info