3.1 crashes constantly

"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
Same problem here, someone speculated that this has somethig to do with Windows update. Do you have Fall Creators update on your WIN 10? (I have)

BTW Iam not getting these errors on zone changes, I get them when I try to start the game on Dx11.. never made it to the game, so I ahve to play on dx9 which is... so bad.

cant confirm that, cos i am running "it" on win7 ultimate.
Many of these posts include errors around art assets; it may be worth doing two things to try and resolve them:

First:

Try running the included packcheck.exe, if you have a stand-alone client. If it finds and fixes something in there, see if the problem persists.

If you have the steam version, use the "verify local files" option, which will similarly detect any problems and correct them.

Second:

If problems persist, look for anything that gets into the graphics pipeline. Game recording or streaming software may be implicated, anything that adds an FPS monitor is, reshade and friends, etc. Things that monitor the graphics card, or graphics performance, or which can be used to "tune" or "overclock" the card are also possibilities, such as the AMD AfterBurner software.

Disable, remove, or exit those, and see if the problem persists.

Third:

Try the biggest hammer, a full reinstall of the game, deleting specifically the ggpk file that contains the art assets. This should ensure that any corruption which escaped the first round is eliminated, and hopefully will resolve the problem even if everything else failed.
thx for your suggestions but i dont see the way where they are leading to.
because any of my guildmembers suffer these crashes. one more, the other less.
so it cant be any local thingies u mentioned.
correct me if i am wrong.

p.s. and in my case, my system hasnt changed a single bit.
Tried all methods, all methods failed.

Thanks for trying to help
important update:

i played in a duo with someone from the same continent and realm (london) for hours and nothing happened.
BUT as soon as we teamed with our u.s.-friend from california (i was hosting via london)
"boom" crashes.

which data should/could i track that this mess is fixed ?
"
Zirpe wrote:
important update:

i played in a duo with someone from the same continent and realm (london) for hours and nothing happened.
BUT as soon as we teamed with our u.s.-friend from california (i was hosting via london)
"boom" crashes.

which data should/could i track that this mess is fixed ?

What Type of crashes was it like us where the art assets and crap like that? Error messages?
I also experience the crushing part when I reenter a boss map when I died
"
haste016 wrote:
I also experience the crushing part when I reenter a boss map when I died

I'm getting this exact same crash, but it's not as consistent as you're saying. It happens randomly, for no discernable reason. Sometimes on map change, sometimes just running around, sometimes when I level a gem...

It started off with crashing once every 30 minutes or so, but it started becoming more consistent. By late last night, it was crashing 5 times every 10 min or so, very difficult to do anything...
Last edited by TheFallenOne on Dec 11, 2017, 11:08:20 PM
Me and my friend are both having this issue. We have two totally different computers (One Amd GPU and Nvidia card other Intel CPU AMD GPU). The worst part is you lose a portal to the map very annoying hope this gets more GGG love.
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
Same problem here, someone speculated that this has somethig to do with Windows update. Do you have Fall Creators update on your WIN 10? (I have)

BTW Iam not getting these errors on zone changes, I get them when I try to start the game on Dx11.. never made it to the game, so I ahve to play on dx9 which is... so bad.

I can't even open the game on either dx11 or dx9. It worked for an hour, then PoE crashed, and I could never restart it. I'm, currently, in the process of re-downloading the GGPK file.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info