Looting Issues

D3's loot system: casualized, easy, for people who want to take their time nice and slow

D2's loot system: hardcore as fuck, makes you have to fight other people for your loot, for people who want to be on their toes

Honestly, D2's loot system is GOOD for a game that is marketed as a HARD game.

I dare any of you to try and deny my claim.
"
nakieon wrote:
D3's loot system: casualized, easy, for people who want to take their time nice and slow

D2's loot system: hardcore as fuck, makes you have to fight other people for your loot, for people who want to be on their toes

How is not attacking monsters right before they die "hardcore as fuck"? It might as well be the definition of pussyish.
Last edited by chuk15 on Aug 12, 2011, 11:42:39 PM
"
chuk15 wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:

How is not attacking monsters right before they die "hardcore as fuck"? It might as well be the definition of pussyish.

Is you seross?

I meant 'hardcore as fuck' as in you might lose your hard-earned loot if you aren't fast enough. Your premise is so basic, it's shocking you'd actually think that was good counterargument.

The whole thing with not attacking monsters right before they die is simply a byproduct of this system in order to give you a better chance at scoring the loot. Deal with it.
Last edited by nakieon on Aug 12, 2011, 11:44:39 PM
"
nakieon wrote:
"
chuk15 wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:

Is you seross?

I meant 'hardcore as fuck' as in you might lose your hard-earned loot if you aren't fast enough. Your premise is so basic, it's shocking you'd actually think that was good counterargument.
No, you lose your loot if you're making killing blows on monsters. Therefore this style is not hardcore as fuck, but it is instead being pussyish.
Last edited by chuk15 on Aug 12, 2011, 11:46:02 PM
So the people with the pick-it hack in D2 are hardcore! I think not.
"
chuk15 wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:
"
chuk15 wrote:

Is you seross?

No, you lose your loot if you're making killing blows on monsters. Therefore this style is not hardcore as fuck, but it is instead being pussyish.

Have you even played D2 at all? Seriously? If you're fast enough, you can last-hit a monster and still get the loot before anyone else. More invalid premises, please.
Less strawmen please.(statements that are not arguments and are useless filler that serve no purpose in civil discourse except to attack such as "Have you even played D2 at all? Seriously?" and "more invalid premises, please.")

Anyway, my argument holds because I have first-hand witnessed this consistently in a vast majority of baal games. When baal, the boss monster who drops the best loot, is low on hp, people all stop spamming spells at him. This is because they want to be right next to him and not be casting a spell when he dies which leads to them not getting that precious unique. This discourages wtfbbqpwning baal even when he low on health.
Last edited by chuk15 on Aug 12, 2011, 11:56:29 PM
"
chuk15 wrote:

Anyway, my argument holds because I have first-hand witnessed this consistently in a vast majority of baal games. When baal, the boss monster who drops the best loot, is low on hp, people all stop spamming spells at him. This is because they want to be right next to him and not be casting a spell when he dies which leads to them not getting that precious unique.

That is my experience as well!
"
RichardM wrote:
"
chuk15 wrote:

Anyway, my argument holds because I have first-hand witnessed this consistently in a vast majority of baal games. When baal, the boss monster who drops the best loot, is low on hp, people all stop spamming spells at him. This is because they want to be right next to him and not be casting a spell when he dies which leads to them not getting that precious unique.

That is my experience as well!
Yeah.

Plus, how is a bot ninjaing all the godly drops 'hardcore'? Its trash, and I do like the D3 loot style.
"
chuk15 wrote:
Less strawmen please.(statements that are not arguments and are useless filler that serve no purpose in civil discourse except to attack such as "Have you even played D2 at all? Seriously?" and "more invalid premises, please.")

Ahh, so now you're trying to base your arguments off personal experience, which makes this purely speculation/assumption/claims. Since this is turning into a "im pro at this game, so listen to me for some sagely wisdom", perhaps I should list my credentials as well. I've played D2 for every single ladder reset. Exclusively softcore mode BEFORE runewords even came out, after SOJs were not currency anymore, wizzyrings did not exist, etc... you know, after 1.09 became a thing of a past, I started playing exclusively hardcore mode, and that went on for 7-8 ladder resets. So roughly I have around 10 years experience into D2.

I think I know more about D2 mechanics than most people, because I've come to know them by heart. It isn't hard to get the last hit and then loot the items, considering the attack/cast animation ends before the loot drops.

Try again troll.

The funniest part about this stupid bickering is that you still think D3's loot system is more hardcore than D2's. Even though D2's loot system may be unfair, D3's loot system is so casual it's shocking.
Last edited by nakieon on Aug 13, 2011, 12:00:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info