Looting Issues

What really made D2 a bitch were the bots running pickit...
"
nakieon wrote:
D2 is a 'hard' loot system,

D2's loot system favours people who behave like arseholes. It isn't a matter of hard or easy it is a matter of game mechanics which allow players to abuse each other.

If D3's system lets players 'leech' items it is also flawed.

Not like there isn't already 67 pages going back 7 months of discussion on this subject in the Developers forum.

FFA sucks, a time out to FFA items is a crap idea trying to make it suck less.

The best idea is to offer looting options for the party or instance so players can choose what they want and all the arseholes can play together trying to abuse each other which I doubt will end up being a popular choice.
normal league= seperate loots

cutthroat and hardcore leagues= free for all loot

problem solved well most of it

casuals get what they want

hardcore and pvp'rs get what they want

Kodak moments--Priceless

waiting for POE beta key--Torture
"
Celtica wrote:

Probably should do a poll or something because hardcore and pvpers might not necessarily want d2's loot system.
"
I'm just sayin' brah, D3's loot system will make it take no effort for someone to get loot. That's all. I'm being a bit nostalgic about the D2's loot system because it was just a vicious dog-eat-dog world and I'd like to see it in PoE.

I guarantee you'll miss D2's loot system after you experience D3's loot system.

So you're telling me you didn't run solo sometimes because you didn't want to deal with loot whore clicking?

(which depended on latency more than anything and making ranged stand in melee range which is just stupid)

Because of this one thing I played 90 percent of my time solo in D2. I would only join others to do pvp. It was probably the WORST thing about D2 no joke that or people dropping stuff by corpses to POP people and get their loot.
sadly ill also mention this

and u all know it dotn even try to kid urselves

if this game does prove to be popular

pickit will come and i highly doubt GGG will be able to stop it

will u still want ffa when the bots start coming?

Kodak moments--Priceless

waiting for POE beta key--Torture
"
nakieon wrote:
You still fail to understand that I don't give a fuck which system is being used.

"
nakieon wrote:
I'm being a bit nostalgic about the D2's loot system because it was just a vicious dog-eat-dog world and I'd like to see it in PoE.
I'd like for the challenge to be in defeating the boss not out ninja'ing a bunch of cut throat randoms.

It's diablo, not hungry hungry hippo.
"
Celtica wrote:

This arrangement works well for me. One thing I really liked hearing about d3 was that each player gets it's own private loot from mobs. Call me a care bear but that style of loot dropping intrigues me
i'm not entirely against instanced loot, but on the other hand, it takes away some of the charm.

I know it was a pure frustration when everyone goes clicking like a madman (i still believe some people went to special schools for training in loot clicking), but it's something i could ultimately appreciate as part of the game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info