Looting Issues

Why are you grouping with people you don't trust?
NotSorry: Bot d3 for cash, play POE all day

CaptainBurns: The game is just a means by which to kill things.
"
Slicer wrote:

Online MULTIPLAYER game?

That aside, the loot rules still completely favor melee characters. That's a big issue.
See, I always thought this problem was solved in D2. You either clan up with people you know and trust, or you take your chances and hope that ad-hoc agreements hold in the face of epic loot. Those are your choices.

Also, what if it's a typical tank/DPS dynamic going on? If one guy tanks a monster and the other guy kills it, who gets the loot timer?

"
Slicer wrote:
Also, what if it's a typical tank/DPS dynamic going on? If one guy tanks a monster and the other guy kills it, who gets the loot timer?

I believe it works where loot drops for each player with a certain interval before it becomes FFA. However, ranged characters are supposed to have a slightly longer timer to account for travel.

Problem: It's not long enough, melee are easily snatching gear.

Problem: Large groups of mobs are dying, and unless you stop fighting to pick up loot, melee again have the advantage being in the thick of it.

The biggest posed issue is that you either stop fighting, which is counter intuitive, or you continue fighting the threats and lose your loot as a ranged character. That's what needs to be addressed better.
"
Raelena wrote:
"
Slicer wrote:

Online MULTIPLAYER game?

That aside, the loot rules still completely favor melee characters. That's a big issue.
This is sadly true. People would rather focus on stealing drops than actually killing. Keep people honest by using the system Guildwars uses (after 3 minutes a person's personal drops go free-for-all, which is plenty of time.)The timer could even be lowered to 120 or even 40 seconds.
Last edited by chuk15 on Aug 12, 2011, 3:13:13 PM
To be fair, I've stolen a ton of loot in D2 that I shouldn't have gotten. I'm not proud of it, but I'm saying if my choices were to fight Baal and die (thus not being able to get any loot of import) or just hiding behind a pillar until he's low, the answer is pretty self-explanatory.

Again, it should be a toggled option so that people who enjoy the fast clicky looting can do so (which should be the default).

Edit: I'm really liking this one to two minute loot exclusivity timer. That'd be good too.
Last edited by Eckliptik on Aug 12, 2011, 3:31:49 PM
There have been a couple games with individual loot systems, that Drakesang game for example, and its a wonderful system because it removes the "your group is the worst enemy of your own progression"- feel of having to share/race for loot.
this is intersting
Maybe have longer loot timers in the normal/standard modes. The 'hardcore' players can fight over the loot immediately in hardcore+ modes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info