[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Alerie91 wrote:
do you think that Tukohama now are viable ? If they reduced only duration of totem and not the cooldown i think we can return to Cannibal Fire Eater / Solar Guard, because they cast one totem every 15 sec or more now (i think)

Nothing changed, really. Until you have Vis Mortis, you'll still use 1 WM and 2 TVs to destroy the atlas; if you don't use Necro Aegis + Tukohama's Fortress shield, the TV nerf does not touch you at all; the WM nerf would be noticeable if the damage drop is more than 50%, otherwise there won't be any real issues, since the damage WAS absurdly high. The clearspeed of WMs was always locked to their movement speed and positioning though, due to insanely small aura; a WM spawned from a 5L setup with lvl 18-19 gems would melt a T16 pack pretty much in the same amount of time as some low-tier map, and if the damage nerf is substantial enough, this won't be possible anymore, however the damage with lvl 20 6L setup would still melt packs in red maps with enough speed to simply teleport-drag them through maps and see packs die as soon as any of your WM gets close to them.
Last edited by LaplaceNoMa on Dec 6, 2017, 4:10:48 AM
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
Lacceh wrote:
tuko totem duration cut in half from 10 to 5s

Irrelevant, since even without AG nothing requires more than 5s of steady burn from the totems before going into some sort of intermission phase

"
Lacceh wrote:
limited to 1 totem

Do you have some reading comprehension problem? As already mentioned, this only affects the NA+TF version of the build, which is irrelevant in the first place. Each of TVs can have only 1 totem at a time, not one totem for however many you have.

"
Lacceh wrote:
wicker RF dmg reduced to that of burned miscreation in other words useless

Ah, same old 'we're all insiders here' story, amirite?

"
Lacceh wrote:
this thread is 'burning spectres melt the endgame'

Yup, and pretty much nothing changed.

gg no re

#SpectreHatersRektAsExpected

Why do you keep arguing with him,it's pointless,he seems to be living in his own universe. Anyways less people playing spectres - cheaper gear we have. May be actually thats why he tries to scare every single person who coming here with the question if this build is still viable.
"
Jukman wrote:
Why do you keep arguing with him,it's pointless,he seems to be living in his own universe. Anyways less people playing spectres - cheaper gear we have. May be actually thats why he tries to scare every single person who coming here with the question if this build is still viable.

Perhaps you're right; however, I believe there are also quite a lot of people who would take this fearmongering and distortion of the actual patch notes seriously. This build IS a lot of fun, and will only become stronger in 3.1 in the very end-game (when we can get enough res/dex from jewels/rares in order to swap one of the rings for the new pseudo 5L one), since having AG would be a lot easier now, and this build cleared 100% of the game content without AG, or, in case people forgot that, without 200% damage modifier. This 5L ring is a godsend for an otherwise very socket-starved build, and now AG can be incorporated into the build without dropping any other defensive links.
Thanks @LaplaceNoMa you convinced me to start the league with this build, was worried about it after the nerfs.
Thank You @LaplaceNoMa for your effort. Its good someone still stay objective and trying to keep community calm.

I will go this build again, maybe with few changes in tree due to MoM change.. we will see. And if WM will not be that good, just switch to SG or something.
Last edited by Aloone on Dec 6, 2017, 5:00:10 AM
Your minions (and their minions) will no longer deal or take damage while you are dead.
lol
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Hi guys, what do you think of desecrate gem?
Now the max level of spectre is 81 for level 19 desecrate gem...
And i don't notice in patch note for TV if nerf is related with TF.
My opignion is for this build actually is much better to use SG or KH.
Last edited by NeoG on Dec 6, 2017, 5:02:54 AM
As I said, I think we need real tests before confirming anything. It's not that difficult to test, really. It's a pity for my Tukohama's Fortress in any case.

In the worst case that our doomsayer is correct, we still have solar guards.

"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
Jukman wrote:

Perhaps you're right; however, I believe there are also quite a lot of people who would take this fearmongering and distortion of the actual patch notes seriously. This build IS a lot of fun, and will only become stronger in 3.1 in the very end-game (when we can get enough res/dex from jewels/rares in order to swap one of the rings for the new pseudo 5L one), since having AG would be a lot easier now, and this build cleared 100% of the game content without AG, or, in case people forgot that, without 200% damage modifier. This 5L ring is a godsend for an otherwise very socket-starved build, and now AG can be incorporated into the build without dropping any other defensive links.

Huh? I think the 5L ring is not worth it considering that +level on AG is much more important for us. AG link should be in bone helmet for that purpose. Not sure what to use with that 5L. We cannot put curse link into that, or low-level CwDT link either. Perhaps a generic minion link to use with zombie/golem/skelly.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Dec 6, 2017, 5:05:33 AM
"
NyRalph0 wrote:

yeah guess the patchnotes are very confusing. If you have 3 stand-alone monsters why should they only have one totem together? That makes no sense to me.

I guess one possible case is "minions' totems count as yours, hence limited by your totem limit", but I highly doubt such deep mechanism change would be not mentioned clearly.

But the totem duration "nerf" is actually not bad. This is a buff. One of the annoying things in playing TV is that old totem remains 100km away shooting at air, while TV refuses to cast another. I guess if totem dies faster, TV will be more actively placing totems?

But sure, all those need some tests. And solar guards are COMPLETELY unchanged, having said that they destroy maps faster than WM+TVs. Also chris said the new jewels "insane for summoners", I am optimistic about this build in 3.1.
I am not surprised at all. In fact I am surprused that Bone Offering wasn't touched at all. BO can get nerfed by like 30-40% in terms of life gained on block and it will still be fine. Wicker man had to be nerfed, I cleared t16 like it was t10. Tukohama's also are too strong but yet they are still fine for st. So chill out guys xD I think that could be alot worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info