Divine Vessel - drop rate or rather lack of it

"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Hiding one of the main features behind another bad RNG + worse mechanic is starting to hurt the will to play PoE at all.

Not that I don't agree, DV drops are way too rare, though I may have been lucky with my 8 drops so far in close to a 1000 maps, but...

The rarity is not the only problem. Think about you somehow would make it to upgrade all your pantheon gods within one league. That are 6 minor gods + roughly 4x3(-> 12) sub-powers for the each major ones.

If the league then is over and you delete this character, all teh progress is lost entirely. I can not be any more angered about such bad design. This has to be changed. Nobody will do this ever. Creating new content so that hardly anybody of the playerbase experiences those features is borderline idiotic.

Your 1000 maps are not what the casual player does either. Once the entry hurdle is this high, new & casual players will quit faster than the devs can react.

"
Peterlerock wrote:

Souls and Divine Vessels are not a league feature, that's core gameplay.
Skipping the league and playing in standard won't help. ;)

It wasn't me suggesting going back to standard. I just answered that this only happend 2 times with the in my opinion worst leagues Prophecy/Warbands and 'Harbinger' is definately on that list too. You are correct, doing this would not help at all.

The only other options are to not play this league at all or just uninstall Path of Exile out of pure frustration. I heard that alot of guys are infuriated by 3.0 and this league. Stupid mechanics and droprates like we discuss here are not received well.
Last edited by TheGoodBadWeird on Sep 12, 2017, 3:52:25 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
i already forgot about pantheon

it is a nice idea but the execution is TERRIBLE. and i mean T E R R I B L E

supressing drops is one thing. making them exalt-levels is yet another level of 'not being connected with the playerbase'

this is 3rd day of mapping for me. still ONE vessel.. c'mon it is stupid at this point

Actually I think Ascendency is worse execution in pantheon. With pantheon they can just up the drop rate of the divine flasks, but Ascendency lab's have so much wrong with it that its hard to pick where to start.

Also the drop rate is better than Ex, I have gotten 5 divine flasks so far (with only a few hours playing each day at most, half the time spent levelling a new char)
"
deteego wrote:
... the drop rate is better than Ex, ...

That's your personal RNG, the exact drop rate is for GGG to know, and for us to only guess.
And guessing by this and other threads, I fear is at Divine levels ( which are rarer than ex btw)...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Just got screwed by this flawed implementation of picking the vessel up after the fight.

I opened the vessel in an God-capture map on my own device with the empty vessel. While in map I changed to another one of characters because the map was rolled a bit too hard. This new character of mine beat the map-boss easy. Got alot of portals left too.

Stupidly enough none of both my characters did get the finished vessel with the captured soul (!!!!). Now the boss is dead and I get nothing ..?! Did not die a single time while being in there. Nobody else was there except my characters.

For god's sake, I was inside the map while killing the freaking boss. Why are there more invisible restrictions or even bugs here? Whoever implemented this did a very bad job. At least the communication of the mechanic is the worst.
Last edited by TheGoodBadWeird on Sep 12, 2017, 10:34:38 PM
Could GGG have shafted veteran Standard characters more disgracefully?

* First they steal skill points we legitimately earned, sabotaging our pre-3.0 builds.

* Then they ruin Acts 5-10, auto-completing all quests before we even get started.

* And now they play bait and switch with Pantheon Vessels, for NO REASON AT ALL.

I leveled up a new character (yes, in Standard) to play through Act 10 without spoilers.

If the rest of my characters are still borked after I'm done with that, then I AM DONE.
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
deteego wrote:
... the drop rate is better than Ex, ...

That's your personal RNG, the exact drop rate is for GGG to know, and for us to only guess.
And guessing by this and other threads, I fear is at Divine levels ( which are rarer than ex btw)...

Sure but this is besides the point as they can easily just increase the drop rate, and unlike ex, divine vessel's become pretty useless to players once you have already stolen all of the map gods so they sell for cheap (they also aren't used as currency unlike ex, so there isn't such a huge demand for them)
GGG love their RNG. I thinks its their way to artifically lengthen the game. Way too many things in this game is lock in RNG gate.

The regular Lab trials are in set location in story, but uber opens are RNG in maps. They could easily integrated them in Atlas. What logical reason to do so other than to artifically prolong your game time.
RNG exist in ARPG to prolong games, that is normal, but GGG took it to new level.
"
KiadawP wrote:
GGG love their RNG. I thinks its their way to artifically lengthen the game. Way too many things in this game is lock in RNG gate.

Lenghten the game is exactly what this is. If extremely overpowered items were behind such a RNG-wall, we could surely tolerate it. But with important core-mechanics are now gated behind incredible low drop-chances, it is starting to make the game ridiculous.

Many players are still mad at GGG because of their droprates for last legacy leagues "Ancient Reliquary Keys", that never really droped. And when they did, the outcome was often so bad, the effort wasn't even worth the time.

Pantheon powers are exactly the same. So if nobody of the average playerbase even does see the league-items, why do we need leagues in the first place?

"
KiadawP wrote:

The regular Lab trials are in set location in story, but uber opens are RNG in maps. They could easily integrated them in Atlas. What logical reason to do so other than to artifically prolong your game time.
RNG exist in ARPG to prolong games, that is normal, but GGG took it to new level.

GGG just seems not interested in the quality of the game or it's length. They rush from league to league no matter the outcome and hide behind the RNG-wall as an excuse. Players have to resort to 3rd-party solutions like poe.trade and poelab.com to fix this. That is not a good & acceptable solution, yet convenient for GGG only. Should those sites ever stop their service, the game would totally crash in its (lack of) functions.

With the constant barrage of new MTX and Supporter packs incoming, the whole situation seems more like a quantity over quality mentality. Though it looks like those are the only thing they really care about.

RNG taken to new levels is just a cheap way of handling stuff, not a final nor an elegant solution.
Last edited by TheGoodBadWeird on Sep 13, 2017, 6:39:02 AM
"
"
KiadawP wrote:

Lenghten the game is exactly what this is. If extremely overpowered items were behind such a RNG-wall, we could surely tolerate it. But with important core-mechanics are now gated behind incredible low drop-chances, it is starting to make the game ridiculous.

Many players are still mad at GGG because of their droprates for last legacy leagues "Ancient Reliquary Keys", that never really droped. And when they did, the outcome was often so bad, the effort wasn't even worth the time.

Pantheon powers are exactly the same. So if nobody of the average playerbase even does see the league-items, why do we need leagues in the first place?

"
KiadawP wrote:

GGG just seems not interested in the quality of the game or it's length. They rush from league to league no matter the outcome and hide behind the RNG-wall as an excuse. Players have to resort to 3rd-party solutions like poe.trade and poelab.com to fix this. That is not a good & acceptable solution, yet convenient for GGG only. Should those sites ever stop their service, the game would totally crash in its (lack of) functions.

With the constant barrage of new MTX and Supporter packs incoming, the whole situation seems more like a quantity over quality mentality. Though it looks like those are the only thing they really care about.

RNG taken to new levels is just a cheap way of handling stuff, not a final nor an elegant solution.

Important core mechanics that were not in the game before 3.0 anyway... yeah, good argument mate. Keep it up.

Nobody is hiding behind anything. The game is just the game. Some enjoy it, some don't. End of story.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 13, 2017, 7:14:48 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
Important core mechanics that were not in the game before 3.0 anyway... yeah, good argument mate. Keep it up.

Yes, I will.
Doesn't change the argument though. ;)

"
Xavathos wrote:

Nobody is hiding behind anything. The game is just the game. Some enjoy it, some don't. End of story.

As long as we are the customers we can say what we don't like. What is wrong with making the game enjoyable for everybody? Although I think this is a never-ending story for some.
Last edited by TheGoodBadWeird on Sep 13, 2017, 7:50:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info