Divine Vessel - drop rate or rather lack of it

"
KiadawP wrote:
I never quite understand the thinkig of the devs.

On 1 hand, they told us they wouldn't refine trading as its already too easy to gear (via trading), at the same time, they gate literally everything under RNG.

Do tehy not see the co-relationship between these 2? The reason people trade despite Chorey Joey is due to the alternative is probably never to get the stuff they want (more so in short league)?

That makes perfect sense. If they made drops more common, then that has the same effect as making trading easier (in other words, it makes item acquisition even easier...). It seems pretty logical to me.
U MAD?
Bump from several days ago.

GGG, this is absolutely asinine. Like others, drops for me are painfully far too rare. It's about 1 drop in 100 maps run so far, from tier 1 through 9 for me. That's pathetic. I can't imagine the pain of SSF people. The rest of us can trade for around 2c each.

GGG, PLEASE FIX THIS!
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Bump from several days ago.

GGG, this is absolutely asinine. Like others, drops for me are painfully far too rare. It's about 1 drop in 100 maps run so far, from tier 1 through 9 for me. That's pathetic. I can't imagine the pain of SSF people. The rest of us can trade for around 2c each.

GGG, PLEASE FIX THIS!

the SSF people knew what they were getting into....
I dont see any any key!
i ve gotten a total of 1 divine vessel. got one maybe about day 3- into 3.0 release and thats it.
i maybe do about 5maps on avg per day. rate is so bad i was wondering if it is the filter...... but it is not.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
The 2c trading price (even in HC where demand is probably higher) indicates that drop rates should be ok. But the droprates feel weird for me. I found more exalts than vessels so far in harbinger.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
But the droprates feel weird for me. I found more exalts than vessels so far in harbinger.

Indeed, I've noticed the same. Vessels are far too rare for what they're intended to do. GGG screwed up on this for sure.

"
Sa_Re wrote:
The 2c trading price (even in HC where demand is probably higher) indicates that drop rates should be ok.

That's only because they're almost useless once you've gathered all of the Pantheon upgrades. For people at end-game with 40 or high 30s challenges done, they most likely get a few more vessels, with nothing to do but sell them on the market. And with a flood of supply and little demand for them, they go for cheap. I have a feeling most people are waiting to gather them on their own trek to end game until they realize how infrequently they drop, then buy up some. So that demand is not steady.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
haha oh boy... Try only 2 on SSF so far 4 chars 80+..

This is bad low drop rate indeed. I can't believe this was intended to be this low.

I first thought my loot filter was blocking the vessels.. got my first one at lvl 91! and another on 4th at char 86!

If there is a Hell! I'll see you there!
Agree, super rare drop... this is not even funny, it's somewhat usefull but again you have to go on poe.trade again... Sad for std , for this reason I just stay on 1 char in std and no more league playing for a while, too much "work" needed.
... nothing
"
__Z__ wrote:
Agree, super rare drop... this is not even funny, it's somewhat usefull but again you have to go on poe.trade again...

I came to the same conclusion a few minutes ago. Found my 2nd Divine Vessel after over roughtly a months and a half of a 3 month league(!!!). The madness is those things don't even work for the entire account, but just one character.

poe.trade seems to become a necessity and I don't like it one bit. I want to play the game not working ingame for bad design 24/7.

"
__Z__ wrote:

Sad for std , for this reason I just stay on 1 char in std and no more league playing for a while, too much "work" needed.

The last time I went to standard only was both times in Warbands and Prophecy. This time it is even worse. Never before was I this much forcing myself to play. The negative changes since 3.0 launch are just too much.

Hiding one of the main features behind another bad RNG + worse mechanic is starting to hurt the will to play PoE at all.
Last edited by TheGoodBadWeird on Sep 12, 2017, 2:14:29 PM
"
Hiding one of the main features behind another bad RNG + worse mechanic is starting to hurt the will to play PoE at all.

Not that I don't agree, DV drops are way too rare, though I may have been lucky with my 8 drops so far in close to a 1000 maps, but...

Souls and Divine Vessels are not a league feature, that's core gameplay.
Skipping the league and playing in standard won't help. ;)

The league feature that's hidden behind RNG is this:

...and this...

(I doubt I'll ever finish one of those items)

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 12, 2017, 2:21:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info