Divine Vessel - drop rate or rather lack of it

"
"
Xavathos wrote:
Important core mechanics that were not in the game before 3.0 anyway... yeah, good argument mate. Keep it up.

Yes, I will.
Doesn't change the argument though. ;)

"
Xavathos wrote:

Nobody is hiding behind anything. The game is just the game. Some enjoy it, some don't. End of story.

As long as we are the customers we can say what we don't like. What is wrong with making the game enjoyable for everybody? Although I think this is a never-ending story for some.

It is. And that's the problem. People will never be happy for once with what they have. What bothers me the most is that it seems to always be the people who invest the least in the game who are shouting the loudest.

Luckily nobody ever listens to them, and mostly I'll just shrug and tell myself they don't know any better. I guess after 10000 posts it's becoming a little old. Or maybe I am, hahaha.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 13, 2017, 7:55:52 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:

As long as we are the customers we can say what we don't like. What is wrong with making the game enjoyable for everybody? Although I think this is a never-ending story for some.

It is. And that's the problem. People will never be happy for once with what they have. What bothers me the most is that it seems to always be the people who invest the least in the game who are shouting the loudest.

Luckily nobody ever listens to them, and mostly I'll just shrug and tell myself they don't know any better. I guess after 10000 posts it's becoming a little old. Or maybe I am, hahaha.

Old, not sure, but I see arrogance. "I know better than you" say everything. Just because you buy more supporter packs, stayed longer, & have 10000 post make you better than others?

How about instead of attacking people, produce resonable arguments?
Last edited by KiadawP on Sep 13, 2017, 8:36:41 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
"

Not being happy is not the same as feeling quality is not what it should be. Stating flaws within PoE content can actually make the game better.

But I know as soon as I saw your "supporter honours" I knew immediately you would come with the "invest the least" argument. You are nothing but a donator, not any better than anybody else. We all play the game, so we invest time and contributing to the poe-community. We buy stuff from the other (big) players so they indirectly profit from us all. It's all a big give and take.

Giving feedback is as important as to buy every pack available. If all the casual, less- to non paying players would be gone, so would be the poe-community. The 24/7 streamers would lose their income and stop doing poe-content. GGG would also be affected, because Path of Exile would drift into insignifancy very fast.

If only 5 people play the game, it is not enough to sustain it. It's never about monetarisation only. But so many people have to learn this the hard way before believing it.

"
Xavathos wrote:

We don't talk about the usual crybabies who can't kill Hillock. When something is wrong and / or broken we speak it out. Too bad right after 3.0 alot of things are in that state.

My laatest Divine Vessel didn't even work, even after it shold have (!!!). I heard that is a bug we had in the 3.0-beta and to this date it is not fixed.
So according to you, nobody at GGG should listen to any of our complains and improvement suggestions because of some self-proclaimed elitism?

When I learned something about whom to listen to, it is never favorable if you go against the majority of the playerbase.
Last edited by TheGoodBadWeird on Sep 13, 2017, 8:42:29 AM
guys calm down..

and looting Divine Vessels is like fishing. it takes patience and fish like silence.

btw - my avg is constant 1/week

luckily (or rather.. whatever) they are cheap on poe.trade. but i just wonder how long a game will survive if playing the game is being more and more replaced with poe.trade 'interaction'

'you do not pick items, you buy them', 'you do not play the story mode, you run trough it', 'you do not gear progress, you twink with A BUILD and re-gear at lvl68', 'you do not hope to drop an item, you buy it', 'you do not need items, you play meta build that plays itself..'

i know it is cool to have an economy (cryptocurrency is a fad of the day for a reason) in a game but it is more like economy+game rather than game+economy.
buy them

they are really cheap
I dont see any any key!
"
sidtherat wrote:
but i just wonder how long a game will survive if playing the game is being more and more replaced with poe.trade 'interaction'

I think we already reached the peak of the pyramid a while ago, with lab helmet enchants.

Run the uber lab 600 times... or just buy your fancy hat.

Divine vessels are stupidly rare, but...
a) you don't need that many of them (you don't have to upgrade every single god on every character)
b) at least there are no separate vessels for separate gods (why did I even write this? I hope GGG don't listen) ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
still at one vessel drop since intro of 3.0
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
I find this thread rather amusing. Why do most people here think that it is/was GGG's intention to make these common? Clearly it wasn't meant for someone to find all the flasks themselves to upgrade every single power in their Pantheon tree but rather to give choice on what to upgrade...

While this was introduced as a core part of the game, it certainly isn't really necessary, nor is it framed in a way that makes the player think they even need to complete any of these bonuses whatsoever. Seems to me like is was meant for people to dabble and invest in these bonuses if they wanted to..

"
sidtherat wrote:

and i presume the reason is simple: Pantheon is a placeholder of what was supposed to be released. making it uber-difficult to interact with makes people experience it's mediocre implementation less thus mutiny less when changes finally happen in 3.1

sad to see yet another 'release, no matter the cost' victim

I'm going to chalk this up as BabyRage because I don't really see how you could actually believe this nor how anyone loses with additional bonuses that you aren't even locked into upgrading...

You guys really need to accept that this game was designed from the ground up with the economy in mind every step of the way. If these character upgrades are important enough to you then you will grind it out the ones you want in SSF or trade for the vessels, if not, than nothing is really lost here... I just am very surprised how some of you can play this game for so long but still not accept the fact that being completely self-sufficient isn't intended to be possible in this game.
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor
"
joebagz wrote:
I find this thread rather amusing. Why do most people here think that it is/was GGG's intention to make these common? Clearly it wasn't meant for someone to find all the flasks themselves to upgrade every single power in their Pantheon tree but rather to give choice on what to upgrade...

While this was introduced as a core part of the game, it certainly isn't really necessary, nor is it framed in a way that makes the player think they even need to complete any of these bonuses whatsoever. Seems to me like is was meant for people to dabble and invest in these bonuses if they wanted to..

"
sidtherat wrote:

and i presume the reason is simple: Pantheon is a placeholder of what was supposed to be released. making it uber-difficult to interact with makes people experience it's mediocre implementation less thus mutiny less when changes finally happen in 3.1

sad to see yet another 'release, no matter the cost' victim

I'm going to chalk this up as BabyRage because I don't really see how you could actually believe this nor how anyone loses with additional bonuses that you aren't even locked into upgrading...

You guys really need to accept that this game was designed from the ground up with the economy in mind every step of the way. If these character upgrades are important enough to you then you will grind it out the ones you want in SSF or trade for the vessels, if not, than nothing is really lost here... I just am very surprised how some of you can play this game for so long but still not accept the fact that being completely self-sufficient isn't intended to be possible in this game.

Disregard self sufficient.

I haven't dropped a goddamn Divine Vessel in more than 300 maps, and no, my filter is set to show them. Should I wait to run a couple thousand more to drop my first, just like with the sole item that actually helps my goddamn build, which dropped after "only" ~3K hours?

"RNG upon RNG layers 4 the Win"!

@#*^ that.

The Pantheon system is a system meant to work regardless of your choice of using trading or going SSF, right? So, tell me with a goddamn straight face what I'm doing wrong, and don't start with @#**^%|& that SSF requires a whole lot more time, as I would still like to be able to experience the whole game before dying of age...

Such extremes must be addressed ASAP...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Disregard self sufficient.

I haven't dropped a goddamn Divine Vessel in more than 300 maps, and no, my filter is set to show them. Should I wait to run a couple thousand more to drop my first, just like with the sole item that actually helps my goddamn build, which dropped after "only" ~3K hours?

No, you should probably buy one from another player?

"
sofocle10000 wrote:

The Pantheon system is a system meant to work regardless of your choice of using trading or going SSF, right? So, tell me with a goddamn straight face what I'm doing wrong, and don't start with @#**^%|& that SSF requires a whole lot more time, as I would still like to be able to experience the whole game before dying of age...

Such extremes must be addressed ASAP...

No, no it's not. How can it be? The system is gated behind an item drop which is pure chance. See again, you literally proved my point above. How have you not accepted this? SSF isn't meant for people who want to find everything themselves, it is meant for people that want to challenge themselves to use only what they find. So if you are playing SSF or just don't want to trade, your only choice is to play more in hopes of getting the drop. This isn't a post on if I agree with the item gating behind the Pantheon or agree with the drop rate. It is just simply a reminder to accept your own fate of what you chose. You do not have the luxury of leveraging your time to convert what you found to other resources in SSF, you are stuck with what you got. If that means 0 vessels drop, then you get 0 upgrades.
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info