An unexpected disconnect occured - 3.0

"
Is this a new thing ISP's do, messing up games? My problems occured a couple of days ago with the update. Is a VPN a solid option or you think GGG will find a solution to the network issues?

Looks like they will never do this.. ;/

-------

Yeah i'm having the same disconnects every fucking minute now and it's driving me crazy... And of course GGG doesn't say anything about this shit, right? --'

Spoiler
2017/11/16 19:04:20 779731187 612 [INFO Client 1084] Abnormal disconnect: An unexpected disconnection occurred.
2017/11/16 19:09:01 780011968 612 [INFO Client 1084] Abnormal disconnect: An unexpected disconnection occurred.
"
Is this a new thing ISP's do, messing up games? My problems occured a couple of days ago with the update. Is a VPN a solid option or you think GGG will find a solution to the network issues?

A VPN does tunnel your connection throughout a new DNS server. That means, problems of GGG, will not be fixed by that, as you can not go through a new DNS server on their end.

Using a VPN is usually done if you are no longer able to access specific websites, such as people in China or Turkey experience it. That is, because the government has blocked them.

It can also happen that the DNS server of your provider is having a breakdown, then your internet will be very slow and some websites such as google, might no longer respond.

What we experience is all about GGG´s end. It has something to do with either their server load specifications, so that people are kicked out that hold up the service, like for instance with a HDD or in general slower connection.

Or, they have introduced a bug that they might not even be able to reproduce, as they did test the game on their hardware and there it does not occur.

Whatever it is, the user has not much to do with that.

It´s only happening for some people, not saying few, but it´s obviously not bad enough, to get GGG´s attention.
@Ygidua

Yeah, i guess that 'only' 12 pages of people complaining since august isn't enough for them... looks like we will need at least 100+ pages HAHA
I usually get disconnected trying to load towns, and some quest areas.
Hideouts and maps are usually fine however.
This has happened only since 3.0.

Adding support for this already 12 page thread so that GGG fixes this bs.
Leveling from 1 to start of maps is a nightmare, constant disconnects/losing progress as waypoint can be 3 areas back as already mentioned in this thread.

Edit: a quick fix for non town related disconnects is to have portals persist until the instance expires, instead of disappearing when you disconnect. This will allow us that have this issue to open a portal before entering new areas.
Last edited by Forestㆍ on Nov 19, 2017, 12:25:43 AM
Same Problem here. Get disconnected with:
2017/11/19 01:41:45 6885843 612 [INFO Client 9760] Abnormal disconnect: An unexpected disconnection occurred.
and usually 3 times right after that as well. I'm able to play 15 min or so and then get disconnected again, usually 2-3 times.

Please give us a fix or something!
"
nogenem wrote:
@Ygidua

Yeah, i guess that 'only' 12 pages of people complaining since august isn't enough for them... looks like we will need at least 100+ pages HAHA

I think they are very busy with their console version and new content patches, supporter pack sales and promotion. I do not know how many they have working in tech support, but I am afraid that they don´t have a huge amount of free resources there. Just look at the amount of replies here, it´s almost 0.

Compared this to Blizzard, you post and a few minutes later someone replies. Not saying GGG is lazy, no no! But, it seems to just not be a priority :(

If streamers don´t DC, then it´s just not as urgent to them and as I said, I believe they are not able to reproduce these issues on their end. For them, their game works great I suppose.

That´s why it was a mistake to not have an open Beta. The people that cashed in to "play" beta, were usually not the ones who did true bug reports, so it was swapped under the carpet.

But you need these beta bug reports, they make or break your game.
And if you read the first paragraph of the first sticky of this forum, you would already know why no one is getting any help in a thread such as this. Furthermore, had you read the stickies, you would know what sort of information to post, which no one has done.

By all means though, continue to ignore the rules for this forum and the requests for specific information made in the stickies...it's gone so well already for you all. /s
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Nov 19, 2017, 12:03:00 PM
I have never had a problem with disconnections until a few days ago and now I get a random disconnection about once an hour or two.
Last edited by blackcloudyday on Nov 20, 2017, 7:33:20 AM
"
Aragorn14 wrote:
And if you read the first paragraph of the first sticky of this forum, you would already know why no one is getting any help in a thread such as this. Furthermore, had you read the stickies, you would know what sort of information to post, which no one has done.

By all means though, continue to ignore the rules for this forum and the requests for specific information made in the stickies...it's gone so well already for you all. /s

That is a pretty poor excuse for not getting replies in this thread. Whether it is wireless or ethernet is just an excuse to blame a wireless router if applicable. A traceroute is just an excuse to blame it on one or several bad "jumps" that may be present, instead of logic for keeping or reestablishing an existing connection.

This bug has been present for years. I am more than positive that GGG is fully aware of it. If it was easily fixable, then i am also sure they would have fixed it by now. Which means we can assume it is not something that is easily fixable.

However, that does not mean threads about the issue should be ignored, or that GGG should not attempt to fix the issue.

Heck, this issue is so old that i've just gotten used to going through 2-4 disconnections when i start the game until it gets "stable", which generally seems to happen after playing a bit. That is, until randomly entering a map that has not yet been loaded that specific play session. Then it becomes a diceroll if a disconnection will happen or not. And another diceroll if you lost the map (if you were mapping), or if you only lost a portal.
Last edited by Onds on Dec 15, 2017, 10:15:10 AM
New player here. Decided to try out the game. Downloaded the game and booted it, get "an unexpected disconnect" every 15-20 min, and every time this happens I'm back in town when I relog. This is literally unplayable.
I also know this issue is not on my end since I'm an MMORPG player and no form of disconnects ever happen to me.
Oh well, looks like I'll have to pass this game by.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info