An unexpected disconnect occured - 3.0

Same thing happens to me.

Having this problem for over a year now.

Can't play, can't enter any town. Can't even enter the game with a character because I start in a town.

Sad state of the game, especially when this problem has been well documented for OVER A YEAR.

Isn't there a possibility to dumb down the graphics of the game to a point where I don't require 2 minutes loading screens and constant disconnections? (this was before the problems worsened)
Same issue with many users here. "An unexpected disconnect has occurred" forcing me to log in screen with this message at the bottom left. Logging back in brings me to town and all portals in my hideout are gone.

Sent 2 emails to support but no replies yet.

Info:
On laptop, comcast internet, ethernet connection
No other internet app stops working when dc
Only happens in maps while attacking, never while in town or hideout afk/trading

Tried:
Updating windows + drivers
Disabling Firewalls + antivirus
Updating graphics driver
Disabling Shader caching for nvidia in 3d settings
saving the same issue... almost unplayable

enter a map= disconnect
enter the temple= disconnect

its a game of RNG considering how many loading screens they are in the game
I'm trying to get back into PoE after a while away; I want to see what the game is like now that higher difficulties aren't just the same three acts over again, but the game is almost unplayable because of frequent errors. I'm in Act 3 now and random disconnects seem to be happening more. I'm certainly not going to be able to do the Labyrinth with this going on.
Last edited by Wildervast on Jun 5, 2018, 1:44:18 PM
Are they even trying to fix this? It has been going on forever, and now it's not just town, but it also happens sometimes in other player's hidouts and systematically in the azurite mine (like in towns).

Maps too, and with them you lose the access portal to boot.
Up to this day - keeps often disconnecting me to login screen whenever I load into an instance, doesn't matter which one.
About 2 years ago I was doing an ascendancy labyrinth, was about to enter the last stage having done a full sweep of the map - and it disconnected me, it was hard as balls to get to that point alive at the time, and as you know - you spawn outside of the labyrinth if you disconnect... I quit playing after that for a few years. Returned to the game since 2-3 weeks ago, still getting disconnected, every big run (like a labyrinth) is a huge risk.
It's almost as if the game needs time to warm up, like a car during winter, before it can run propperly without disconnections I noticed. As in if you have loaded into X instance before within this game session, then the chances of it disconnecting you during another loading screen into said instance is drastically lowered, is also something that I've noticed.
I hope this can give the devs some ideas is to how to fix the issue or find a way around it, at least - I hope they're reading this...
The game is too good -- and the community is too -- to just abandon it due to a persistent connection issue during loading screens...
I wonder why GGG doesn't say a thing about it, considering so many people have been having this problem for years by now.
I never had this issue back when I played Harbinger league, but this League it's quite ridiculous. Same PC, same internet, same everything.
First rule: "I'm always right."
Second rule: "If you think, I'm not right, take a look on First rule."
"
DzejBeee wrote:
I never had this issue back when I played Harbinger league, but this League it's quite ridiculous. Same PC, same internet, same everything.

All right so, knocking on the wood, I "fixed" it. The only thing I did was to move my game to another SSD. So if you have an option to do so, try that and see.
First rule: "I'm always right."
Second rule: "If you think, I'm not right, take a look on First rule."
Not the first time i propose following solution and i dont know how many tried it out, so i will just quote myself:

"
Boredom111 wrote:
I had those abnormal disconnects, too. My problem was the async loading of data. My HDD does not support that and in the log it just says abnormal disconnect.
It took me well over 3 tries to get from the login screen into a map.

You may want to try adding --noasync to your PoE shortcut.
If you right-click the shortcut and get to properties, there is something like goal,path,target or something like that( sry, no english windows surface). You need to add --noasync after the ".../poe.exe" with one empty space after the " ( I hope this explains it as a basic ).

This can be a fix to one problem causing dcs at the start of the game or when changing areas ( An unexpected disconnect occured ). At the cost of longer loading time it will prevent the crashes IF asynchronous loading of data from HDD or SSD is your problem.

Credits to the one who found it out originally, because of that person i was able to play crash free again.
Last edited by Boredom111 on Dec 10, 2018, 8:27:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info