An unexpected disconnect occured - 3.0

"
Boredom111 wrote:
Not the first time i propose following solution and i dont know how many tried it out, so i will just quote myself:

"
Boredom111 wrote:
I had those abnormal disconnects, too. My problem was the async loading of data. My HDD does not support that and in the log it just says abnormal disconnect.
It took me well over 3 tries to get from the login screen into a map.

You may want to try adding --noasync to your PoE shortcut.
If you right-click the shortcut and get to properties, there is something like goal,path,target or something like that( sry, no english windows surface). You need to add --noasync after the ".../poe.exe" with one empty space after the " ( I hope this explains it as a basic ).

This can be a fix to one problem causing dcs at the start of the game or when changing areas ( An unexpected disconnect occured ). At the cost of longer loading time it will prevent the crashes IF asynchronous loading of data from HDD or SSD is your problem.

Credits to the one who found it out originally, because of that person i was able to play crash free again.

I LOVE YOU BOTH!! It works for me perfectly. Now I can enjoy the game without problems. Thanks a lot!!
I'm getting this problem on Steam. In fact, I left a while back because it used to happen more frequently in multiplayer. Given that and the fact that towns are often a D/C point, I wonder if it has anything to do with cosmetic effects?

So far, I've tried (in the Launch Options) --noasync, which did increase my load times, but I think my load times are part of the problem, so I'm not sure --gc1 will accomplish anything. I've also tried --waitforpreload, and --nopreload. Changing my loading to Predictive has helped, but I still get D/Ced sometimes, most often on returns to town and login attempts (so, loading the town).
+1 same problem
https://pastebin.com/zs6P5APa

Pls staff reply. I got DCed a lot.
reset your router guys its solve my disconnect problem
reset your router guys its solve my disconnect problem
Issue just got worse. Now I've D/Ced during actual gameplay. The kind of problems I quit the game over before.
And it happened twice in a row. Is Act 5 buggier than the others somehow?
Tryed boredom's solution , loadings go way smoother now but still got dc's every 2-3 teleports.fix your servers please GGG, did the conection testing thing have 0% packet loss.so its an issue at theyr side.
"
Boredom111 wrote:
Not the first time i propose following solution and i dont know how many tried it out, so i will just quote myself:

"
Boredom111 wrote:
I had those abnormal disconnects, too. My problem was the async loading of data. My HDD does not support that and in the log it just says abnormal disconnect.
It took me well over 3 tries to get from the login screen into a map.

You may want to try adding --noasync to your PoE shortcut.
If you right-click the shortcut and get to properties, there is something like goal,path,target or something like that( sry, no english windows surface). You need to add --noasync after the ".../poe.exe" with one empty space after the " ( I hope this explains it as a basic ).

This can be a fix to one problem causing dcs at the start of the game or when changing areas ( An unexpected disconnect occured ). At the cost of longer loading time it will prevent the crashes IF asynchronous loading of data from HDD or SSD is your problem.

Credits to the one who found it out originally, because of that person i was able to play crash free again.

Looks like --noasync is working. Loading screens are super long (2-5mins) now especially in Highgate. I think ggg needs to fix this. Thank you Boredom111.
a) If your PC can handle it, don't use any parameters. Then it'll be fast in every way.

b) If you get minor stuttering, use --waitforpreload to make sure it's fully preloaded before it finishes the loading screen. The rest is background loaded later.

c) If that isn't good enough, --noasync will revert back to the old behaviour.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 27, 2018, 6:31:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info