Sao Paulo Server latency

"
Bokugawa wrote:
Why do people think that Chile or Argentina have a good infrastructure? 1st of val those countries have crappy interconection with Brazil. How would they be able to handle the large influx of players from Brazil?
Brazil has the 2nd biggest internet exchange in the world (ix.br), saying that they don't have a good infrastructure isn't gonna fly.

In my experience, ix.br is really bad. A lot of the packet loss introduced is due to their routers being oversubscribed.
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
"
Bokugawa wrote:
Why do people think that Chile or Argentina have a good infrastructure? 1st of val those countries have crappy interconection with Brazil. How would they be able to handle the large influx of players from Brazil?
Brazil has the 2nd biggest internet exchange in the world (ix.br), saying that they don't have a good infrastructure isn't gonna fly.

In my experience, ix.br is really bad. A lot of the packet loss introduced is due to their routers being oversubscribed.

I play games in Brazil for 10 years with 5ms ping but somehow you're saying it's not a GGG-side-server-problem but a BRAZIL problem? O.o

So, if you get exactly this same server and move to another country things will be great and everybody will experience 10ms ping?

Oh.... right....

Yeah, we're in trouble, guys.

Because Path of Exile is played globally on the same realm, there are extra considerations you need to be aware of. The gateway needs to be able to communicate with the rest of the global realm. A FPS or MMOBA game, for example, does not need to communicate outside of the area it is played in and so does not need to rely on international connectivity.

The gateway is unavailable right now because the routing from it back to the rest of the realm is messed up, currently routing via Europe for some reason. If it were available, players would experience a lot of disconnections as the servers disconnect and reconnect, and also poor performance as the servers get overloaded, having to drop and recreate so many instances.

Players, of course shouldn't have to worry about this sort of stuff. The realm should just work without any issues and we have certainly failed to provide that. Currently, I have escalated this to our providers on each side of the connection. I have heard back from one, but it looks like they're not the provider that is responsible for the point where the connectivity has become degraded. I'm currently waiting to hear back from our Brazil server host.
"
hellomoto380 wrote:

No point in having fiber optics then. Even if they were re-routing it to USA gateways I'd have a better ping, but it's going tru EU servers, FML.
*cries in german*
50km/134ms. 2 continents/133ms

We're currently doing what you are describing.
I've re-enabled the gateway, as one of the routes has improved and it looks more stable. I'll continue to monitor it.
"
viniciusxis wrote:
You guys are just not playing builds that require much from the server, not on party or something. I just recorded this:

https://youtu.be/pWYTLAXhiAY

Could you collect a MTR to br.login.pathofexile.com for me? When running it back to you, I can see there's 15-20% packet loss, but there's no data in the hops from the server to you, so I can't see where it's being added.
Chasing these few up with out host now.
Argentina? Looks like the route to there is adding around an extra 30-40ms
We had a major connectivity issue between the Sao Paulo DC and the rest of our backend. This was between 11am-12pm Sao Paulo time (~2-3am NZ Time). I'm trying to find out from the DC what happened.

Edit:
"
The data centre has confirmed that there had been a issue with intermittent issues at a internet exchange point at that time.

They've stated that this was a individual failure and shouldn't happen again.
Last edited by Fitzy_GGG on Sep 11, 2018, 10:04:25 PM
"
Juanch88 wrote:
Hi Fitzy,

ISP: Telecentro
WinMTR at the end

I've been using the DC gateway lately for obvious reasons. Since the last patch SP ping is back to 50ms ish but as soon as the action starts I have spikes from 80 to 200ms. Lots of desyncs and ruberbands. Same thing in DC (was working fine before the update).
All the Discord boys are having the same problem.

Now check this out:

WinMTR before opening PoE (pc restarted):
br.login.pathofexile.com
https://pastebin.com/H4Z9iTTp

WinMTR after opening PoE, going to hideout and closing PoE (no macros, steam still open, no updates going on):
br.login.pathofexile.com
https://pastebin.com/b2kpdRQx

Is that normal?

Watchig the ping graph ingame, it's 50, 60ms steady until I use a skill. From then on, spikes take over and never goes back to normal.

If it is my end, let me know what to say to them pls, but poe is the only thing I'm having problems with. TY!

It looks like there is a lot of packet loss introduced early on between these two:
| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 333 | 333 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 |
| 10.32.32.1 - 12 | 226 | 199 | 6 | 8 | 25 | 8 |

I think this is probably your residence to your ISP.

It goes all the way through the capture - as indicated here.
ix.br exchange was acting up again, causing 10 minutes of sustained packet loss that severed the connection from the gateway to the realm

Edit: I've been told that this was caused by maintenance being performed at the internet exchange. =(
Last edited by Fitzy_GGG on Sep 12, 2018, 8:03:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info