Sao Paulo Server latency

Looks like there are continuing problems with the ix.br exchange. I'm checking with the DC to see if they know what is up.
Could one of you two run WinMTR on br.login.pathofexile.com and post the results? I can see where the problem is on my end (Telefonica-Argentina peering), but I will need a capture in the other direction to get the host to do something about it.
Could you run that for a little longer - maybe 1000 packets? This problem seems to be intermittent.
Thanks. I'll chase this up now.
"
Izzanag1 wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
Thanks. I'll chase this up now.

Thank you, please keep us posted

They've asked if there is any improvement. Any change?
"
bitt_tb wrote:
From 6pm to 11pm our time I'm losing a ton of packets and the connection is terrible even to this website.
Is it my ISP? If it is, what can I say when I contact my support? I have direct contact to the network manager.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| fttx.cable-1771223.predialnet.com.br - 0 | 52 | 52 | 0 | 1 | 27 | 0 |
| 192.168.28.34 - 0 | 52 | 52 | 0 | 1 | 26 | 1 |
| 189001131001.usr.predialnet.com.br - 0 | 52 | 52 | 0 | 2 | 25 | 1 |
| as262287.saopaulo.sp.ix.br - 16 | 32 | 27 | 0 | 16 | 18 | 16 |
| 172.16.201.34 - 12 | 36 | 32 | 0 | 16 | 22 | 22 |
| 172.25.0.5 - 12 | 36 | 32 | 0 | 20 | 48 | 19 |
| 177.54.148.19 - 12 | 36 | 32 | 0 | 16 | 18 | 16 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

I started the mtr exactly when the problem was happening. Sometimes it will happen once every hour, sometimes it will be once every 5~10 minutes.

I don't think this is your ISP specifically. It looks like a problem with the brazil internet exchange (ix.br).

I can't see any loss when running this back to you now. It's possible this was temporary.
I can't see any current issues. I'll leave this running from my side for a bit to see if anything shows up.
An update on the problem affecting Argentinian players: the DC has identified where the problem lies and are working to get it corrected.
Update regarding Argentina connectivity:

"
Our supplier has reported that they are having a saturation issue with the peer in Sao Paulo but is already in process of being extended.

As a temporary solution, they are changing the routes of the requested destinations.

The route to IP x.x.x.x has already been changed and it is working with good latency and no packet loss.

To the IP x.x.x.x, they are still looking for a better route.
"
DEvil27 wrote:
Come on, just make a new gateway here in South America. You can not avoid this kind of thing to happens here, or in any server. We should have a second choice of gateway here, instead of having to play in DC or Texas with a latency of 180+.

North America has 3 gateways, Europa has 5, Singapore and Australia isn't that far from each other. Why South America can't have another playable choice for when shit happens with the only gateway we got?

I'm open to suggestions for server hosts. There aren't many that have English support and offer dedicated server hosting at a reasonable price.

Our current hosting partner has remarked that they are trying to find other viable options in South America but are running into frustrating issues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info