Sao Paulo Server latency

"
at least you guys "can" connect, for us Iranians only 5/13 servers work & we have 110-150ping at best...at worst it can go up to 220-1000spikes...

i get A LOT of these instance crashes in random places from portaling to camps to maps, It seems to affect certain maps more than others & not all the time like on London/Moscow only certain maps crash.

using a VPN is an alternative way to connect to all servers but the ping goes up and its nearly impossible to play end game.

i have emailed support, no answers yet, but from what i've learned on Reddit the company(Softlayer, a US based company)who provides the servers for GGG have blocked my country completely!

I really love this game & recently saved a lot of money(inflation of currency in Iran is very high) so got steam wallet codes that i spent on stashes to have even more fun.

i wish GGG can take care of us...cus i know they rly love us all ...

peace & power.

There isn't a great deal we can do about sanctions.

You can read further details here.
Next time you're in one of those high latency instances, I would recommend getting the IP address of the server out of your client's log (found in logs/Client.txt in your Path of Exile install directory).

The log line looks like this:
"
[INFO Client 35696] Connecting to instance server at 168.1.121.83:6112

if you run WinMTR on that and provide me with the IP address, I should be able to find out where the problem is, and if we can work around it.
If you have steam install in the default location the log file is here:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\logs\Client.txt"
It looks like there was a lot of packet loss for those who ended up routing through seabone's network. It looks like this packet loss has now been mitigated.

I'm following up with our host to see if they know the root cause.
We've been having network issues between the gateway and the rest of the realm over the last 12 hours. I'm going to push everything to Dallas until this is sorted.
"
i8037 wrote:
What's the fucking point of this gateway if I'm going to end up connecting to Dallas? Just nuke the gateway already, you're not fooling anyone by keeping the server online.

Shutting the gateway down will send people to Dallas.
Yes
I said exactly what is being done two pages ago. The gateway is being redirected to NA servers until we're able to fix the connectivity problem between the backend and the Brazil gateway.
I have to wait on a third party to fix it.

Other regions just don't have these types of networking problems. Brazil is several orders of magnitude worse for connectivity then any other region we're in.

You have my apologies for the outage. It really sucks that this has gone on for so long, and in the middle of the weekend. I promise I am doing everything I can to bring things back as quickly as possible.
"
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I have to wait on a third party to fix it.

Other regions just don't have these types of networking problems. Brazil is several orders of magnitude worse for connectivity then any other region we're in.

You have my apologies for the outage. It really sucks that this has gone on for so long, and in the middle of the weekend. I promise I am doing everything I can to bring things back as quickly as possible.

Any chance that in the future we will have another server for the SA region located in another South American country?

I intend to look into this soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info