What's The Point Of Playing Hardcore?

To be a god among the other, less than godly.
"
torturo wrote:
It's a wide spread myth that all HC players run easy maps, skip bosses, and use macros on a regular basis. Though, such players surely exist.

HC gameplay doesn't differ by a lot from SC. The major differences are not gameplay related: the builds (with emphasis on defenses), the approach to the hard encounters (taking additional precautions in advance), the overall progression (slower, no rush), precise risk assessment (but still taking the risks, unless certain death traps).

On a side note, those who chain shaped strands (or whichever linear tileset with easy boss and mobs), are usually those who aim for 100. Such people don't represent the typical HC player.

Yeah right you dont watch streams. all they do is easy even re-rolling those pathetic strands. They play like old ladies.

Mathil is most impressive POE player to me not etup. Because he beats hardest shit in the game with 5L and 4K life any skill and stuff. Stuff I cant do. HE has excellent movement and flask control to do this. Anyone can make 100 in HC doing strands all day. It's called tedium and repetition not hardness.

Anyone can build a super tank that wont die to anything until big 6. No skill all EHP.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 26, 2017, 6:08:56 PM
"
pichapie wrote:
... it proves nothing.

but changes everything.
if you have played "thousands" of toons over 5 years, you just need something new.
switching to hc/ssf was like playing a new game.
Characters dying is the point of playing hc.
We tested it extensively
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
It's a wide spread myth that all HC players run easy maps, skip bosses, and use macros on a regular basis. Though, such players surely exist.

HC gameplay doesn't differ by a lot from SC. The major differences are not gameplay related: the builds (with emphasis on defenses), the approach to the hard encounters (taking additional precautions in advance), the overall progression (slower, no rush), precise risk assessment (but still taking the risks, unless certain death traps).

On a side note, those who chain shaped strands (or whichever linear tileset with easy boss and mobs), are usually those who aim for 100. Such people don't represent the typical HC player.

Yeah right you dont watch streams. all they do is easy even re-rolling those pathetic strands. They play like old ladies.

Mathil is most impressive POE player to me not etup. Because he beats hardest shit in the game with 5L and 4K life any skill and stuff. Stuff I cant do. HE has excellent movement and flask control to do this. Anyone can make 100 in HC doing strands all day. It's called tedium and repetition not hardness.

Anyone can build a super tank that wont die to anything until big 6. No skill all EHP.

streamers do strands because its the fastest lvling and they are racing to 100
I dont see any any key!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Uh, why don't you give it a try once?

I've played HC exclusively since they introduced lockstep, but this league I finally succumbed and started in SC. The reason is that I just can't stand the leveling process anymore.

I haven't had a single death during all my HC time due to technical issues with the game. I usually died during leveling, because I was bored and unattentive, or due to one of the ridiculous and hard to prepare for mechanics in the game, like corrupted blood, shocking ground, volatiles, corpse explosions, Heralds of the Obelisk, Flame/Frost/Storm bearers, rare dropbears with ridiculous attack speeds and crit chances, and so on.

Highest I ever got was level 84 in HC Breach. Died in my first Xoph's domain due to corrupted blood (there was so much going on I didn't notice it until it was too late).
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Ive played HC plenty boring AF. I play games games for fun. If you bet me $5000 to compensate me for my wasted time I'll beat uber in HC. LVL 100 WILL COST YOU $15,000

Oh and i freeze all the time check this out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKE4eXMesQY&t=0m58s

but wont matter I know how to build invulnerable if i have to .. I played HC game when it was 10x harder than today.. there was none of this strand all day BS and everything hit harder
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 26, 2017, 9:07:27 PM
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
"
whats the point of not playing hardcore?

To actually enjoy the game.

I am not sure if you are trolling or not
1. Better economy
2. Able to do two master missions meaning 40 fusings a day instead of 20.
3. 2 hideouts.
4. You can work on your player skills and learn not be too cocky or greedy in maps similar to races.
5. To piss off people with high ping.
Last edited by Puraime on May 26, 2017, 11:03:41 PM
I agree with you,hc penalty should be somehow less since there is so many unexpected thinggs can happen,especially if you dont have decent pc,but since with 3.0 leveling will be less boring i can see hc more viable,we will see!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info