What's The Point Of Playing Hardcore?

"
Perq wrote:
Played HC for a while. Then the game shifted towards more one-shots and overall clusterfuck. Not to mention there is very little point in playing some types of builds, since it will net you a fast one-shot due to various dumb mechanics. Used to be exciting to me, now have shifted towards frustration.
One can only hope that GGG will manage to resolve some of these with 3.0. :V I'd gladly come back to HC.

That's right. I have noticed that only a few builds are viable late game in HC. Choices are far more limited.

They can't though. Chris made it clear that the game was based around using alt+F4 to survive in HC. He doesn't want to take the option of alt+F4 out of the game because he admitted that if he did, he would have to make the monsters weaker.
Last edited by Daniel_Pereira on May 29, 2017, 4:47:06 AM
"
You're right. alt+F4 is not cheating. The thread you linked shows Chris wants Alt+F4 to be part of HC which to be honest, is disgusting. I'd rather have slightly 'dumbed down' monsters than impossible monsters that REQUIRE alt+F4. What kind of game is that? That's why I'm just going to stick to SC. I don't want to use alt+F4. That is not something a game should rely on.

Nah it IS cheating.

Also bad design on GGG's part. there is nothing intelligent about the current one shot monsters. its just a "FU" to anyone who plays legit.
A lot of ppl in hc don`t use f4, that is just some wrong assumption. Also the scripts are on a all time low since /oos is gone for most players. They also don't play 4 epenis, they simply enjoy the original playstyle of a dungeon crawler. And that is and will stay hardcore. Monsters have one life, you have one life. easy rules.

That is also the reason why some of the best games out there have onehitmechanics.
Because the core will never get bored, its stays thru the years and it is a constant part of the game, it will always reroll and try to exploit the gamemechanics as much as possible as fast as possible. At the end it is bits and bytes, you don`t care about trash. The standard hc player is no collector, so they simply don't mind draining +50ex a league down the hole. You can also see that happen often after big deaths. Your done for this league, burned out and so you give all away to other hc fellas. You wish the next one more luck on his journey. If you could easily win the game, nobody would play it for long because it sucks.
That is the shiny thing about PoE: you cannot beat it!
There are always cheesier ways to archive a goal like lets say level 100. But at some point your lvl100 will die if you continue to play or go solo without support.

I cannot understand why people can`t see this point. Not everybody is made the same material and so there are some players in the community who don`t like the idea of a dyingfest or a continue when they die. It is like asking a top athlete why he trains so much and making in the same second a statement that he is cheating and you are superior to him. Like wtf ppl?

See Mathil; he is probably one of the best poe players out there and he is dying all the time. but he is simply made another material and does not give a f... about it and would get bored from hc rerolling.
His goal is to deliever content for others so temp standard fits perfect for him.
And hc fits perfect to others..

tldr: Follow your path and stop beeing so shortsighted. Nobody cares what you play and how you got there.
Last edited by blackstar on May 29, 2017, 7:44:19 AM
"
Skellimancer wrote:
just a "FU" to anyone who plays legit.

So, your arbitrary and self-made honour system isnt beeing upheld. You should totally report all those people to GGG and explain your reasoning why they are cheating. /s

But hey, whatever makes you unhappy i guess.
"
pichapie wrote:
completely no point but self satisfaction and e-peen wagging. it's the same with SSF mode. it proves nothing.

take away alt-F4 and HC will cease to exist.

Does doing anything actually prove anything?

2deep4u
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last edited by Elemenz on May 29, 2017, 7:50:01 AM
"
Owlert wrote:
With regards to alt+f4, it's not like some developers dream of a game with instant logout when envisioning their game. The nature of online games is that there is a lot of connection instability, both server and client sided. With that, the decision to allow instant logouts stems from the opinion that it's better to have alt+f4 exist and to potentially cheapen the experience than to kill players any time they, or the server, lag out. I have a stable connection, so I didn't ever experience that with D3 HC, but other games like Realm of the Mad God embraced the feature by having an in-game button port you to safety and there are no complaints. Maybe if GGG built in the feature to the core game rather than most players hacking together an AHK solution, people would accept it more.

Agree that the way this is handled is not good. If the game is "designed around using Alt-F4" then there should be some in-game functionality to do it.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Owlert wrote:
With regards to alt+f4, it's not like some developers dream of a game with instant logout when envisioning their game. The nature of online games is that there is a lot of connection instability, both server and client sided. With that, the decision to allow instant logouts stems from the opinion that it's better to have alt+f4 exist and to potentially cheapen the experience than to kill players any time they, or the server, lag out. I have a stable connection, so I didn't ever experience that with D3 HC, but other games like Realm of the Mad God embraced the feature by having an in-game button port you to safety and there are no complaints. Maybe if GGG built in the feature to the core game rather than most players hacking together an AHK solution, people would accept it more.

Agree that the way this is handled is not good. If the game is "designed around using Alt-F4" then there should be some in-game functionality to do it.

the game is indeed made with alt f4 in mind
"

A:It's currently an accepted playstyle that allows us to design bosses to be more interesting. If you're locked in to *absolutely having to kill it with no hope of escape* then it has to be an easier fight.

the words of chris from an old q&a
I dont see any any key!
Of course game design isn't balanced with instant logout in mind.

It was just an excuse, while Chris tried to justify the poor balancing of things specially designed to kill you, along with the spiky nature of the damage taken in PoE in general.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
Of course game design isn't balanced with instant logout in mind.

It was just an excuse, while Chris tried to justify the poor balancing of things specially designed to kill you, along with the spiky nature of the damage taken in PoE in general.

Soooo you are calling the mighty Chris a lair?

watch out your drop rates may go to zero lol
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info