What's The Point Of Playing Hardcore?

"
Vasilas wrote:

...when death knocks on their door they only need to press 1 button to fly away to safety.

Don't you think if this was true, it would be used in SC as well, to avoid XP loss?
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Well I always played HC. But after 5 rips and yesterday my lvl 95 97% xp riped I decided to go sc. Just a taking a break to min max my char and do end game on sc to someday go back to hc. I cant play strands all day and this 96 glad survived to the most horrific map mods and Ive done up to tier 15 maps corrupted with him. All this to die to a stupid essence mob on a freeze spike. I dont use logout macro (maybe it could save me on this ocasion). I oppened the mob my screen freezed and then Im dead. I even dont know what killed me it was 2 sec freeze. Im tired of rerolling so Ill stick to sc till Im bored and try HC again when 3.0 hit.
I think the same thing, but I got bored and started up a HC character this league, then another, and another. I want to get that 90 achievement for lack of any other goal I can think of.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Truths:

They are two different play styles.
There are people who play both, one or neither.
In all groups, there are people who seem to delight in putting the other group down.
There isn't one that is "easy" and one that is "difficult" because they have different goals.

The "point" of playing any way you choose is that you enjoy it. If not, you should get help.

Man, some people are still so fucking insecure over others being better players than them. jesus. I hear the joke is

(formerly HC, now HC SSF)

but an actual correct one would be HC/SSF people pissing by themselves and then a guy approaches and says "oh you just do it for e-peen you dont enjoy it, I hate you"- [Removed by Support] let me play by myself. Im also sure that SC players are often so insecure that they take someone saying "I'm going to try SSF next league, sounds fun to impose a challenge on myself" as them bragging. Jesus. Its not always about you, stop making yourself the center of the universe, maybe people just enjoy that challenge?

Its terribly funny that people get angry at how others play, especially if its SSF. [Removed by Support] I would start cataloging your every post hating HC/SSF and HC/SSF posts bragging and I'm pretty sure HC/SSF hating would win in a landslide.

I think its because a good majority of SC players are bad and they know it (god damn did I ever see countless rips every time I tested a build in parties in standard) and instead of getting good, they project their anger on a game mode that inherently tends to create better players.
Also some idiots that never gave up on their crusade of taking logout out of the game. something that has been said numerous times wont ever happen due to how it would affect game design (if you want a slower, easier game, go elsewhere) and game being always online meaning it would outright fuck HC, there are enough deaths to lag already.
Just give up already, [Removed by Support]. Hell, I bet most of you that crusade for that also want exp penalty removed, you dont give a fuck about other people's experience, you are likely the reason why some people will call your league shitcore.
Make it about logout macro if you wish, chances are even with logout macro you'd be worse players. Your argument is all "I dont play HC but I want it changed cause reasons"

TL;DR: less whinning [Removed by Support]. Also stop envying your neighbours yard
Oblivious
Last edited by Jesse_GGG on May 28, 2017, 6:23:21 PM
"
I disagree that this game was intended for HC. It is far too easy to die later in the game - even with 10k Life/ES. I also notice that things are a lot more expensive in HC so I'm not sure how the economy is really better. Having the best items is a necessity in HC so of course, items are going to be more unobtainable on the market.

Thats the 'looser' perspective.
The complementary 'winner' perspective is that you get more currency for "mediocre" items than in SC.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
I disagree that this game was intended for HC. It is far too easy to die later in the game - even with 10k Life/ES. I also notice that things are a lot more expensive in HC so I'm not sure how the economy is really better. Having the best items is a necessity in HC so of course, items are going to be more unobtainable on the market.

The complementary 'winner' perspective is that you get more currency for "mediocre" items than in SC.

Umm no the real winner perspective is that you play SSF HC so the price of items doesn't mean anything at all. Simplicity at its finest.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
sarahaustin wrote:

What does others using alt f4 macros have anything to do with your choice to play HC?

because its basically cheating.
"
Skellimancer wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

What does others using alt f4 macros have anything to do with your choice to play HC?

because its basically cheating.

No, it isnt.

A much better question is, what the hell is the point of this thread?

There are now 11 pages of Softcore players telling hardcore players that their league isnt hardcore enough for it to count as an achievement, and hardcore players comparing dick sizes.

Drop it people. It is a game.

Play softcore if you feel like it, play HC if it is more fun to you. It is like sexual orientation, a question of taste. Game-mode bigotry is about the dumbest concept this community has come up with yet.

So knock it off, seriously. You are all making asses out of yourself.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"

So sellers win and buyers lose? Oookay then...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info