What's The Point Of Playing Hardcore?

Discussions like this often go nowhere because people are emotional and too attached to the subject at hand and also because it goes in circles, people make old arguments that already have been disproven.
The same arguments are going to be repeated for eternity.

It should already be an established fact, that using a Logout Macro does not turn the HC and SC gaming experiences into the same thing. If this was the case, every HC player would have level 100 Characters only, eventually. We all know that Logout Macro does not prevent most deaths.
And just the mental pressure of knowing that you can lose your character for good VS the knowledge
that you will just respawn in the city with a XP penalty, makes for a complete different approach
and feel to the game. People know this, but they rather push their agenda, and keep their argument dishonest, because in reality people are not interested in having a fruitful discussion
where everybody learns something new, they just want to push their own agenda.

Which is why those people who just say "everybody should just enjoy what they enjoy"
are the smartest party of the discussion. Because they understand that these debates will never
result in any common understand or final result. IT will only be an endless spiral of salt
and bullshit and cockfighting. It would be great if all people would come to a final understanding
and accept that and move on, but that´s an utopia. SC vs HC will forever be a thing.
Even though we stand all underneath the same umbrella and actually benefit from each other as a playerbase.

IF people had no emotions, one could seriously debate the differences between SC and HC
and learn some interesting things, I´m sure. But the salt is ever present.
What else is there to say. If you´re a family father with kids to raise and a dayjob
and you don´t have time to re roll , play SC. if that´s what you like.
If you have the time and energy to invest in re rolling play HC.
That´s the best conclusion I can come up with.

All other attempts to define what playing experience is superior in which particular area will always result in players feeling personally attacked and turning this into the spiral of salt.
Saltrengan.
"
Cataca wrote:
"
Skellimancer wrote:
just a "FU" to anyone who plays legit.

So, your arbitrary and self-made honour system isnt beeing upheld. You should totally report all those people to GGG and explain your reasoning why they are cheating. /s

But hey, whatever makes you unhappy i guess.

A hero only dies once. An ALT+F4'er dies a thousand times.
For me HC is much better than standard. You always have to plan ahead, think twice before trying hard content and even learn content outside of playing it urself before getting into it.
In SC you can simply try and error through the whole game. 10% loss of xp is nothing and can be done within 1h until llv 95. Its the planning ahead, the unsafe feel and such, the small heart attacks from time to time which makes the game feel worthy of playing for me. In SC i would be bored within 1 or 2 weeks.
"
k1rage wrote:
watch out your drop rates may go to zero lol

It's like that on a daily basis anyway, nothing to worry about.

kek
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

It's like that on a daily basis anyway, nothing to worry about.

kek

good point lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
Of course game design isn't balanced with instant logout in mind.

It was just an excuse, while Chris tried to justify the poor balancing of things specially designed to kill you, along with the spiky nature of the damage taken in PoE in general.

Soooo you are calling the mighty Chris a lair?

No, this is a Lair:

Joking :)

I played HC for the first time this league (started in Prophecy). I think the thing I liked about HC was the challenge. You have to basically start over each time you fail. It hurt a bit when my 2nd character ripped, but I managed to hit 90 for the first time in HC at 90 with my third :D

That said I probably won't play HC again, it was a fun challenge but most of my friends are in SC XD
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Last edited by Darksagex on May 29, 2017, 10:59:49 AM
"
Darksagex wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

Soooo you are calling the mighty Chris a lair?

No, this is a Lair:

Joking :)

No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info