What's The Point Of Playing Hardcore?

Braggin rights !

also once you die you can shit talk people on scrubcore ;)
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
The point is to make softcore players salty and make them go "muh alt-f4".
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Main reason I play SC is because I can accumulate wealth over time. In HC you get poor again as your items go to another league when you die which is not good for min-maxing. The ability to die in Standard is not the reason I play it. Normally I quit a character if it dies. If we just lost the character in HC but kept all items, I would play it instead.

This is my current lvl98 in Standard with no deaths:

Beautiful. Although some may argue that accumulating items makes the game too easy. Haha. Anyway, you have to start from scratch for new leagues. I don't think many people play Standard when a Challenge league is running.
I tried HC briefly, and really enjoyed the thrill of all the critical thinking that goes into keeping your character alive. Eventually you'll hit a wall though and can't do end game content. If you're okay with never doing Guardians, Shaper, and Uber Atziri (sans the builds who can do a portion, i.e. animate weapon with uber atziri and few people with the dexterity to do all 6) then HC is great. I for one love doing the end game, so SC is the better alternative.

It's worth mentioning that SSF SC is an excellent middle ground. You get the critical thinking of the game (crafting, resource management, gear management for different areas/map mods) while still being able to do end game. Not to mention the end game is even more so challenging since you're working with subpar gear.

In the end you have multiple ways to play the game, which is so great and I wish more games adopted this mentality.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Main reason I play SC is because I can accumulate wealth over time. In HC you get poor again as your items go to another league when you die which is not good for min-maxing. The ability to die in Standard is not the reason I play it. Normally I quit a character if it dies. If we just lost the character in HC but kept all items, I would play it instead.

This is my current lvl98 in Standard with no deaths:

well items leaving is part of what hardcore healthy
I dont see any any key!
I tried SSF HC this time because I wanted to see if i can make it to endgame without being carried by players or gear. It makes 1 Alch drops feel more valuable than an Exalt, it´s kinda cool.
Changes a lot of things perspective wise. Before I never used to spend Chaos on Zana Mods or
plainly re-rolling Maps, now that i don´t have that super expensive item to save up for,
I can spend Chaos how i want. That was also a nice experience for me.
The whole HC vs SC argument is kinda stale. People do what they enjoy.
You can´t force people to accept your worldview, or convince them that they are wrong about what they like. That will never work. I have never considered myself a better player than SC players
just because I play HC only. And now that i play SSF HC i don´t consider myself a better player than HC players. The adrenaline rush, and the feeling of being completely self sustained, is what intrigues me about SSF HC right now. This is how i choose to enjoy the game. If your question is, what the point of all that is, I would reply with: The point of the game is to enjoy it in ways you see fit.
Period.
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on May 26, 2017, 1:16:28 PM
Tried playing SC and found it boring. No fear of death, so the game is just grinding to 100. Economy sucks, every idiot has perfect gear cuz they can just play for an infinite amount of time and never lose anything.

Overall, just no thrill involved, so the game quickly becomes boring.
SC is harder than HC because you run harder maps. Go watch HC streams they run Strands all day and rerolls of them even just to be safe. Exercise in tedium not hardness. I like SC because I can roll maps they put me near death experience like reflects and added damage, do all maps and mods, and make gameplay exciting. Nothing exciting about HC playing it safe.

Thats said I don't bash HC players playing it safe like old ladies. Different strokes.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 26, 2017, 3:05:20 PM
Judging from this thread, apparently the point of HC is to give SC player penis envy, leading them to cry about HC players and accuse *them* of being the elitist ones over a game mode that doesn't even affect them.

Some of you are literally those short 5ft guys driving around in Hummers.

I used to play HC a lot in Diablo but due to the occassional but frequent 5 second game stutters I get in PoE, I haven't touched it at all here. Stop making the rest of us SC players look like a bunch of babies pls, thx.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
SC is harder than HC because you run harder maps. Go watch HC streams they run Strands all day and rerolls of them even just to be safe. Exercise in tedium not hardness. I like SC because I can roll maps they put me near death experience like reflects and added damage, do all maps and mods, and make gameplay exciting. Nothing exciting about HC playing it safe.

Thats said I don't bash HC players playing it safe like old ladies. Different strokes.

that doesn't make SC harder lol

basically you just said SC gives your more room for error
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info