Changes to the Labyrinth

Was hoping in the new expansion we'd be able to earn an extra ascendancy point(total of 9), and would have the labs cut back to three, each worth 3 ascendancy points on completion.

I'm not against the labyrinth by the way, 3 asc. points/3 labs seemed logical to me. Totally fine with the changes you guys at GGG have posted here for the labyrinth. Can't wait to play FoO.
i did HC uber lab in prophecy league with huge frustrate.
i never get so much rage on playing a game.
Go away, i love the lab, if you dont go do atziri or flip some currency, lemme face tank izaro
When I read "remove the labyrinth, suppress the trials, ...", I understand: "make the game more casual". When I read "it's frustrating", I understand "it's frustrating to chain it to get his helmet’s enchantment."

The problem is there. But, these enchants can be exchanged, paying the high price certainly, but it’s possible.

The labyrinth is something unique, unparalleled in other games. It’s a challenge, which offers multiple rewards: chests, ascendency’s points, enchant. It’s not really hard, it requires concentration, mainly for traps. A large part of the PoE end game is farming high end map and mid end boss (atziri, gardians, …) as quickly as possible. One of the most appreciate thing of a build is his clear speed … But the lab don’t love the speed.
And I apologize, but the lab is farmable, as long as you use the right tools and the right methods. But (the meta) CI is not the most adequate method ...
"
Zlej_kreten wrote:
I'd like to express my utter disdain for any kind of labyrinth. So when I saw there might be some changes I had hoped it will finally become OPTIONAL. Right now, you simply have to do it, wheter you like it or not. Even most meta builds have to.
It can be in the game for all I care - some people might even enjoy it (there are weirder things than that in the world...possibly).

Maybe that can be a solution-if you buy the run from somebody (reasons being for example you're too weak/hate lab), why not let the person port in to Ascending room/device thing? Fight can scale with the party size (so the suckers running it have to work for what they're getting). It can also check the party state when entering the lab(obviously to prevent unlimited selling of 1 run).

Don't want to pay? Hey, the 'great' labyrinth awaits you. Hate it? You'd have an alternative with my way...

(...and I play HC only)
Just make it optional.Its stupid to have to pay people.Lab is easily the worst content ggg has released.
And what about the Labyrinth's enchants? Will we still be required to try endless, mindless runs to get the enchant we need on the equipment we want?
What I don't understand is:

3.0 was the perfect time to REMOVE lab or at least limit lab to uber lab and let the rest of the ascendancy points come from boss kills.

The fact that an awesome ARPG has a shitty "pull this lever and avoid that trap" section in a 3D isometric setting where its hard to see what the fuck you are doing and even worse one wrong move will set you back either a full lab (softcore) or a full char (hardcore) is an atrocity.

Normal to Merc lab really needs to go, but until GGG realizes this I will vote with my money.

NO MORE MTX OR PACKS WILL BE BOUGHT until then, I hope a lot of people will follow through because quite frankly it seems like this is the only thing GGG understands as of late.

Also, I can't wait to see how Xbox users will react to the shit fest that is lab, maybe THAT will make GGG think twice.
"
Ulren001 wrote:
When I read "remove the labyrinth, suppress the trials, ...", I understand: "make the game more casual". When I read "it's frustrating", I understand "it's frustrating to chain it to get his helmet’s enchantment."

The problem is there. But, these enchants can be exchanged, paying the high price certainly, but it’s possible.

The labyrinth is something unique, unparalleled in other games. It’s a challenge, which offers multiple rewards: chests, ascendency’s points, enchant. It’s not really hard, it requires concentration, mainly for traps. A large part of the PoE end game is farming high end map and mid end boss (atziri, gardians, …) as quickly as possible. One of the most appreciate thing of a build is his clear speed … But the lab don’t love the speed.
And I apologize, but the lab is farmable, as long as you use the right tools and the right methods. But (the meta) CI is not the most adequate method ...

Its unique because all other games realize that to introduce something like it would alienate their playerbase.
Hell yeah, you want to have the same rewards that someone who actually accepts the challenge, at the cost of nothing. You want ascendancy points and enchantments, right? But you don't want to get them by yourself, neither to pay someone to get them for you. Lab is as optional as ascendancies are. You don't like it? Ok, just don't do it, all you have to do is forget about getting those rewards.

"Hey guys! I want a 100 ex gear for my build, but I don't want to even think about farming them myself. Can you please give it to me for free?" Oh c'mon! Are you serious!?
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
I see people are just lazy to do anything these days. They want toys without an effort.
Labyrinth is an optional thing and whoever wants a treasure must deal with it. It´s simple as that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info