Changes to the Labyrinth

"
let there drop uniques which can only be found in lab

YES!
And maybe make them "accountbound" so only those who made through LAB can wear them?
Or maybe some sortof MTX type thingy

Still good news imo :)
can't wait to see what they did with the lab for xbone :)
Well again, to clarify;

It is not about hating or liking lab;

it is about why there are so many annoying trials? they are not needed....

it is about why 3 stupid lab before uber lab?... one is enough to learn, then uber for farm...

It is about dc / stupid endless traps that you can not make a decision, run run run and hope you will find a pixel to take a breathe...

Also, any casual gamer can easily understand that you dont need to do the normal/cruel lab till you start mapping; i never did; and at that point, they are so easy; just walk and kill stupid Izaro and wait his stupid animations; though it doesnt change the fact that it is annoying, useless and repeats itself.
BUT ... WHY ? It's idiotic. :/
Sorry but it is.

Why not having only ONE lab and each Izaro fights will lead to a scaling of the difficulty as you progress ? THAT would be logic and in the idea of what the 3.0 bring.

[Part 1 -normal Diff] ("normal" Izaro fight) => [Part 2 -cruel Diff] ("Cruel" Izaro fight) => [Part 3 -Merciless Diff] ("merciless" Izaro fight) => [Last Part -Map Diff] ("map" Izaro fight)

Why not ? Really. Wouldn't that be logic ? Better ? You could extend the labyrinth, rework some of it etc.

I'm REALLY anxious about 3.0 now. Last news have been stupid as hell news for me. :/
"
MackBesmirch wrote:
"
Archangel223 wrote:
I wrote a nice peace earlier but now I'm a little more tipsy so I'm just gonna be simple about it. GGG Has a great ability to drop the ball repeatedly until it seems almost too late. How long before they did something about CoC domination? How long before they decided to make improvements to melee? How long was double dipping a huge problem? How long before they decided to nerf Vaal Discipline? How long are we gonna wait for HP Melee build to be good? Why is it that Grace(iron reflexes) is better than Determination? Why is Vitality so awful? Why is increase to HP based on STR and not Armor? Why is ES/CI so much better than HP Builds as several top players and all the statistics point to? Why are 90% Damage reduction max endurance charge tanky life builds being 1 shot in softcore? Why are there no HP tanks only ES Guardians? Last but not fucking least, Why are we still being forced to do the most hated content in the history of action RPGS?

Somone answer all these please i'm drunk.

To be fair, this is a FREE GAME. GGG gets the money to employ people to do all this work -- which itself is not easy nor fast -- from our purchases. I understand you're tipsy, so I offer this: please consider how much it costs to build and maintain a Free Game. Especailly if you are a player who has been around since the early playing days of 2013 but hasn't any Supporter Titles to show for it.

I don't care about aesthetics or badges. I've bought taps periodically but that is about it. I've also played this game on and off as as shitty PC or various things about the game made me not want to play it.

I understand people used a lot of time off their life to design it but it's shitty and not really something people like. Especially dying to off screen trap layouts.

If someone goes and takes a lot of time to back me a coconut cake and then says I should be greatful they can go fuck themselves because I have a serious allergic to coconuts and I hate them so what favor did they really do? This is how I feel going on about this Lab Someone took lots of time to make it but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to like it. If people don't speak about what is terrible about the game how will it improve?

also if there are typos fuck it lol
I am disappointed that, after many thousands of posts, of admittedly variable quality, giving feedback that the Labyrinth isn't fun, you have continued to ignore the causes and instead treat the symptoms.

Taking unfun but required content and making it shorter does not make it any less fun, or feel any less required. It is yet another band-aid.

You know why the Labyrinth isn't fun for most players? Because it feels like work. It is end-heavy, extremely linear, and subject to the reddit meta. That is what you needed to address all this time, and still do.

Not only that, but you have changed the game so that we don't have to repeat it three times, and then taken the least fun, for many if not most players, part of Path of Exile and removed it from that paradigm so that we DO have to repeat it three times.

GGG, I am utterly baffled at your thought process. When I saw "Development Manifesto," I wasn't necessarily expecting to like what I read, but I WAS expecting (hoping beyond hope?) that I would understand your thinking after reading it, even if I didn't agree with it.

In short:

Why have you taken the most controversial content in the game and kept it in the 3-playthrough paradigm (I think it's fair to exclude Uber-Lab for the purposes of this question) while taking the rest of the non-controversial game content and removing it from that paradigm? Any future Development Manifesto on this content is going to be as woefully incomplete as this one if you don't answer that basic question.

Peace.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Damn atleast remove the trials. They're no fun at all.

Hope we get a Vaal Pact nerf next!
Last edited by Genmaicha on May 16, 2017, 4:34:08 AM
Nice changes, but I will continue to ignore the lab. I did it already, I'm over it.
Love the lab, please do not listen to those saying "remove lab" :).
Also don't remove the trails, they are good for new players to experience traps before actually trying to beat the lab, plus doing them 1 time only on account is already an easy task.

Looking forward to see how the changes will be implemented when 3.0 comes out, HYPE!
Tears make streams. Fish live in streams. I like fish.
/MonstaMunch
Last edited by Powderoff on May 16, 2017, 4:38:09 AM
Sigh... I'm sorry, but making the Normal Lab shorter and removing some trials is not going to solve the problem a lot of us have with the Lab. When it was introduced to the game about a year ago I kept DCing all the time and it made me ragequit until Legacy league, and tbh I wouldn't even play Legacy if it wasn't for Relics because there was no change to the Lab all this time, but I compromised. I had the worst time in my gaming life doing all Labs with 3 characters and that says a lot I think. At least for the first 3 Labs it's not that annoying, but DCing 6 times in a row (twice right before entering the final Izaro phase) in the Uber Lab is like throwing currency down the drain. I'm surprised at myself for not ragequiting again right there!

I was just hoping that with 3.0 and the removal of difficulties there would be a Lab overhaul, like allowing you to continue from a checkpoint, but removing all treasure keys you have and all future ones + disabling the enchantment device. This way you can at least Ascend without worrying about DCs. Or remove Ascendancy points altogether from Lab and just have it for those that want loot and enchantments. Or anything really that would make our lives easier!

I am still going to play 3.0 even with this crap in the game, but I will not be bying the new supporter pack, that I intended to buy so I would get access to the beta. If you can't admit that the current implementation of the Lab is a mistake, then I can't really support you, even if 3.0 ends up being one of the best expansions in gaming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info