Changes to the Labyrinth

so basicly a little less trails that's it? ....
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Keep not giving them any damn money like I did once I realized what the lab truly is.

And like many people before me said - they found repeating the content 3 times too much but repeating the lab 4 times is somehow perfectly fine. Yea, we can see from a mile away how proud you are with your creation and how no matter of the feedback you'll keep it as it is. Hopefully this hubris will bite them back someday.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on May 16, 2017, 6:02:08 AM
Really wish you'd had removed at least 1 of the lab runs.... doesn't seem to make thematic sense to have three runs when we return to an altered time. If now is the time to change the lab its now, please do it properly.
"
Ulren001 wrote:
When I read "remove the labyrinth, suppress the trials, ...", I understand: "make the game more casual". When I read "it's frustrating", I understand "it's frustrating to chain it to get his helmet’s enchantment."

The problem is there. But, these enchants can be exchanged, paying the high price certainly, but it’s possible.

The labyrinth is something unique, unparalleled in other games. It’s a challenge, which offers multiple rewards: chests, ascendency’s points, enchant. It’s not really hard, it requires concentration, mainly for traps. A large part of the PoE end game is farming high end map and mid end boss (atziri, gardians, …) as quickly as possible. One of the most appreciate thing of a build is his clear speed … But the lab don’t love the speed.
And I apologize, but the lab is farmable, as long as you use the right tools and the right methods. But (the meta) CI is not the most adequate method ...

When I write "remove the labyrinth" I mean "remove the platforming". If I wanted platforming, I'd play Super Mario, a genre I very much dislike. Or one of those Necrodancer style games, which other people may inexplicably enjoy, but I find terrible for game mechanics (and which the labyrinth slightly reminds me of).

Primarily remove those falling/spike doors: why is there a moment in an ARPG where I just have to stare at the screen and wait for some meaningless and consequence-less animation?
And then the lever "puzzles": a remarkably efficient way of generating the feeling that I'm wasting time.

It doesn't help that in the endgame labyrinth, the area lvl is too low, so I'm just walking through the intermediary areas without paying attention, again amplifying the sensation of "why am I wasting my time here?".
Change the labyrinth to three directly chained Izaro fights, reduce the reward density per minute such that it corresponds to the current one, and I'm fine. I simply want no classic platforming in my gameplay.
Or make it completely optional and ignorable, which it is not right now.

From a genre-focused standpoint, the Labyrinth is one of the worst designed levels in ARPG history. PoE would do well without it, like the other ARPGS (and I've played more than half a dozen since D2). And it and would certainly not become more casual.
"
Endgame Labyrinth: Six trials, as well as completion of all previous Labyrinths.

How does this fix the issue though, that players like me are 2 months in and still need to find one missing trial?

I have never seen uber lab once, as I always missed that one trial to unlock it. It´s as if it´s not even in the game?!

Also adding waypoints, or portals inside the lab would help soothe the pain of a DC and a total re-run.
So, lab haters are a "minority" huh ?

Pretty hilarious how the overwhelming majority of posts in this thread are negative and asking to remove it, then.

These changes are lame, and the labyrinth is still shit.
Very sad news.
Please. No more labyrinth.
Lab is awful, please remove it.
Whelp. Indeed.

Labs popularity would grow if Ascendancy Points got detached from it and lab itself moved as endgame content.
Please clear confusion about offering and add to post if it will be still required, its not totaly clear from post ...

I hate and love lab ... same time :)

Hate because of DC, lag deaths etc .. in past ... mostly performance, Singapore realm isues and sometimes connection ... but generaly feel like in compare with past ... its now much better

Love originality and nobody force you to run labs ... for ascendancy you can always get lab carry, if you cant run it alone ...

Dont agree with tradable (sealed) enchants etc ... agree with let it stay same way as its now ...

BUT, will be great, if you can see what enchant you will get ... after its generated ...
At least for you to decide if its better to enchant AR, Eva or ES helmet ... or some unique if u have ... or boots or gloves if helm enchats sucx ... this will be sooo great :)
Guess lab haters can all quit now. At least then GGG would have some numbers with the sudden player drop. If it is noticeable.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info