Pro Vax or Anti Vax

I'll get vaccinated if someone can make a better case than 'it's that time of year, and you should get a flu shot'. If they had some crazy bird flu going around that was dropping healthy adults like flies, then I'd get vaccinated. Otherwise, no. Ask me again if I ever live to be 60.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigenic_shift

In other words, the more people get infected, the more likely a new and more dangerous virus strain wil be created.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Dec 2, 2017, 2:50:41 AM
A lot (and by a lot, I mean most) people can't differentiate flu from a cold or a rough.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
It's hard to differentiate flu from a cold without doing a culture. This from a doctor. Especially if the person has a compromised immune system, or respiratory, or hell, even a smoker. It simply isn't worth it since there is no reason to treat a healthy adult with the flu and anti virals are expensive anyway.
Censored.
All the flus I've had were kinda mild. I've had sinus infections before that were worse than the flu.
For sure sinus infections are worse!
Censored.
I'm not a big believer in the flu vaccine. The constantly morphing flu is a moving Target that the yearly vaccine misses some years and grazes others, it sometimes just plain gives you the flu, and what it prevents is rarely dangerous enough to get concerned about. I don't actively avoid allowing my pediatrician to give it to my sons, but you won't see me waiting in any lines for it — and considering what it costs to produce, I get why health insurance pays for flu vaccines for the general population.

Vaccines for less volatile viruses are of course a very different story.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
What I'm saying is that people that get vaccinated for the flu and get sick afterwards will most often than not catch a cold instead of the flu.

They don't understand that a cold is a bacterial infection with extremely similar symptoms to the flu and the flu is a viral infection. Heck, they will be taking antibacterials drugs to fight the flu instead of proper medication...

It is true however that the flu is a rapidly changing virus with multiples viral strains and getting vaccinated does not makes you immune to every forms of the flu. Still, it's better to get vaccinated if you attend school or have a lot of contact with people at work. Especially true if you work with childrens and/or elderly people.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
A cold is a virus, not bacterial. They are both viral. That is why the idiot doctors that prescribe ab's for colds are retarded.
Censored.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm not a big believer in the flu vaccine. The constantly morphing flu is a moving Target that the yearly vaccine misses some years and grazes others, it sometimes just plain gives you the flu, and what it prevents is rarely dangerous enough to get concerned about. I don't actively avoid allowing my pediatrician to give it to my sons, but you won't see me waiting in any lines for it — and considering what it costs to produce, I get why health insurance pays for flu vaccines for the general population.

Vaccines for less volatile viruses are of course a very different story.
Looking at my previous post, I'm increasingly convinced Google autocorrect now features product placement. *dons tinfoil fedora*
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 2, 2017, 8:11:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info