Pro Vax or Anti Vax

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I find it humorous that we were working on essentially the same replies at the same time, except you see a social good where I see a social degradation.

"Better at spotting it." Ha! "Miscategorized." Ha ha!

Given a disagreement between medical professionals and a random libertarian on a forum complaining about bleeding heart liberals, I'm considerably more likely to trust the former. Particularly when the bleeding heart liberals being complained about are the medical professionals.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 4, 2017, 7:25:21 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This attitude has shaped the definition of autism itself: in 2013, the diagnostic criterion for autism was expanded to include previously separate conditions such as the much less severe Asperger syndrome.

Thats indeed an interesting phenomenon that we can see in the last 2 decades. Sometimes it is hard to tell if this development in general is "good" or "bad".

With all the Vaccine stuff. We are truly living in an intersting time. More and more people believe in Conspiracy Theories and begin to suspect everything that doesnt fit their view on things.

But while low self-esteem, narcissism and belief in conspiracies are strongly linked, it is not clear that one causes the other
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3482408/Believe-conspiracy-theories-probably-narcissist-People-doubt-moon-landings-likely-selfish-attention-seeking.html)

It connects with the TrumpDiscussion, People complaining about "SJW" etc. Its a time of uncertainty. People desperatly try to keep course in life by throwing out random Harmabememes. The Discussion about Vaccines is not a discussion about fact. Its not about reasons - This discussion is just a symptom of sth else.

Last edited by Im2sl0w on Mar 4, 2017, 8:51:34 AM
vaccines are no black magic or something conected to your beliefs, its just a use of how our immune system works.
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Even if there was a certain percentage of people who get a type of terrible side effect from vaccines, their overall effectiveness at stifling the spread of terrible diseases tremendously outweighs any side effects people believe they cause.

That being said, I don't get the flu vaccine because I am young/healthy / don't work in an environment like a school/hospital.

It wasn't very effective this year anyways didn't even cut your chance of contracting the flu in half.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 4, 2017, 12:18:02 PM
I'm immunized because am high risk heart patient.

Have Flu .........
I just figured the rise in autistic children is due to a shift in parent demographics* in combination with re-categorization.

The only thing I'm sure it's not is due to fucking vaccinations. Too many studies have proven that link completely uncorrelated.

Is autism even possible to "develop" in the first place? I was fairly convinced that it's a "you're born some distance on the spectrum and that doesn't really change".
---
Older parents, primarily. Parents that would likely have not met >20 years ago (i.e. shut-in autists) that now meet via the internet and other new social tech additionally.

(Now I kinda want to look up modern studies on this to see if more correlations have been made.)
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

In this way, saying autism has dramatically increased is somewhat like saying ADHD has

ADHD is actually made up. All "mental diseases" are made up. We dont know where they came from and only treatment we do is tranquilize them so "mentally ill" wont be trubleing to others.

But overall i agree with that there are always some people who seeks easy way from situation. And easiest way is just to label something and get profit from it.

"

Given a disagreement between medical professionals and a random libertarian on a forum complaining about bleeding heart liberals, I'm considerably more likely to trust the former. Particularly when the bleeding heart liberals being complained about are the medical professionals.

First thing first - dangerous vac are not closed around autism only. Seek some meeting for vacs victims and go there, listen those people stories look in their eyes and explain them that what they are saying is just bullcrap. Do it, stop being separated from actuall human beings and their lifes.

Second - do as above about autism communities. Go there, listen them, talk to them and see for yourself. Data is just numbers and numbers always can be worked out. Statistics is usefull tool but it does not describe reality "to the point". Statisticly me and my dog we have 3 legs each. U need to learn about stats and how they are usefull and how they can falsyfie reality.

"
Im2sl0w wrote:
We are truly living in an intersting time. More and more people believe in Conspiracy Theories and begin to suspect everything that doesnt fit their view on things.

History is full of confirmed conspiracies. Thinking that current times are in any case different is just... We get all the time informations about conspiracies - in eletronic industry, media industry, financial market, etc. Conspiracies are part of our lifes and they do exists.

"
Manocean wrote:
Even if there was a certain percentage of people who get a type of terrible side effect from vaccines, their overall effectiveness at stifling the spread of terrible diseases tremendously outweighs any side effects people believe they cause.

It is easy to claim that to the point when You or someone close to You will be damaged by those. Try then justyfie it.

Last edited by de99ial on Mar 5, 2017, 6:31:05 AM
"
de99ial wrote:
"

First thing first - dangerous vac are not closed around autism only. Seek some meeting for vacs victims and go there, listen those people stories look in their eyes and explain them that what they are saying is just bullcrap. Do it, stop being separated from actuall human beings and their lifes.

Second - do as above about autism communities. Go there, listen them, talk to them and see for yourself. Data is just numbers and numbers always can be worked out. Statistics is usefull tool but it does not describe reality "to the point". Statisticly me and my dog we have 3 legs each. U need to learn about stats and how they are usefull and how they can falsyfie reality.

I've heard quite a bit from various members of various autism communities, who find this both laughable and insulting - laughable because vaccines don't cause autism and it's a huge waste of time and resources to investigate it further; insulting because it insinuates in no small manner that autism is worse than, say, Polio, Rubella, Meningitis, and more. Autism Speaks, for all its flaws, is still one of the largest autism organizations. Their take on vaccines: they don't cause autism.

But the plural of anecdotes is not data. The other day, I drank a glass full of a chemical. Afterwards, I started coughing and sneezing. You might think one is connected with the other, until you realize that the chemical in question was water. Just because some people got a vaccine and then their children got autism does not mean that vaccines cause autism. It means there might be a correlation. So we investigate that correlation to see if it's real. And the results? It isn't real. There is nothing there. There is no evidence, and the only people manipulating statistics to try to dishonestly make a point are people like Wakefield and Hooker - the dumbasses who are still beating this dead horse, and making a tidy career out of lying to idiots like you.

"
It is easy to claim that to the point when You or someone close to You will be damaged by those. Try then justyfie it.

If I had a child and got to choose between that child dying of meningitis or that child being autistic, I know which I would choose. What about you?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
de99ial wrote:

"
Manocean wrote:

Well, duh.... what's the point of this dumb comment? It literally only takes up space.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 5, 2017, 8:15:32 AM
Utilitarism is not the only way.

If i will have children i will vac it but only for based things, no cocks at all. I have a several friends working in pharma industry and they told some thing about those vacs (working only on one group cocks, building vulnerability to others, questionable efficiency, etc.).

I think that each and every one should chosse for themselfs. Forcing anybody to do anything is just wrong.

I think i said everything i wanted to say on this topic, rest will be just pointless arguing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info