Pro Vax or Anti Vax

Do you believe vaccines are safe and effective or do you believe that they are harmful, cause autism and are a means of population control?
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2017, 7:42:46 AM
Vaccines helped to reduce infantile death rate, removed some very dangerous illness that were killing millions of people in our society. This is the best form of medcine we have.

There is no correlation between vaccines and autism. No article or valid research made a strong correlation between vaccines and autism.
If someone doesn't want to vax their child, that's a potential Darwin award down the road, and I'm all for Darwin awards.

I will, of course, vax my children if I have them one day.

I don't understand the argument about population control. Dafuq does it mean? Artificial population boost? Human population skyrocketed in the 20th century thanks to vaccinations, increased food supply and medical care.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 27, 2017, 10:56:18 AM
I think a good analogy is banking. If someone told me they're "anti-bank," I wouldn't know whether they distrust current major players in the banking industry (sane skepticism), or whether they believe banking as a practice is unnecessary and/or deserves to be abolished (batshit crazy). In the same way, I view vaccination as a medical necessity, but I have deep concerns about Big Pharma and the role of government within the industry.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
All the available evidence indicates that vaccines are safe and effective. This has been confirmed in study after study after study, produced by all kinds of sources. A handful of studies have shown the opposite; however, these studies are almost universally flawed in blatantly obvious ways, or intentionally fraudulent - Wakefield et al or Brian Hooker's 2016 paper come to mind, both retracted.

The claims of the anti-vax crowd are often inconsistent or nonsensical. An excellent way to judge, "Is this site a reliable source of information" is to see whether they have articles badmouthing vaccines, because if they do, you can pretty much write that source off completely.

Vaccines are listed by the CDC as the greatest health achievement of the 20th century, and with good reason.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
I'm anti vax because they're effective. I'm pro natural selection to make the species stronger.
Perhaps a better question would be "Pro polio or anti polio?"
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Not only are vaccines a pure good, the refusal of vaccines is a harm to all of society.

Refusing to give your child a vaccine doesn't just put your own child at risk -- due to the non-100% effectiveness of vaccines and the associated reliance on herd immunity, it puts other people's children at risk.

There has never been any link between vaccines and autism.

If my child died because of a disease that was spread to him from an unvaccinated peer, I'd seriously consider killing the parents in retribution.
Anti-vaxxers should be all put together so they don't enjoy the benefits of herd immunity. That would also solve the anti-vaxxer problem I think.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
If only there was a vaccine for being stupid!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info