Pro Vax or Anti Vax

Pro because I'm not moronic
Pro vax, but it's your choice as such you should be held responsible for the deaths of your children and the others it infects.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm not a big believer in the flu vaccine. The constantly morphing flu is a moving Target that the yearly vaccine misses some years and grazes others, it sometimes just plain gives you the flu, and what it prevents is rarely dangerous enough to get concerned about. I don't actively avoid allowing my pediatrician to give it to my sons, but you won't see me waiting in any lines for it — and considering what it costs to produce, I get why health insurance pays for flu vaccines for the general population.

Vaccines for less volatile viruses are of course a very different story.
Looking at my previous post, I'm increasingly convinced Google autocorrect now features product placement. *dons tinfoil fedora*

The qaudrivalent varieties (which most places should have now) are much more likely to have the strain the most people will be exposed to than the older trivalent versions.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigenic_shift

In other words, the more people get infected, the more likely a new and more dangerous virus strain wil be created.

Isnt those born out of abusing antibiotics?

Also worth watching - Age of Aluminium (on YT).
Last edited by de99ial on Dec 9, 2017, 3:31:37 AM
"
de99ial wrote:
"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigenic_shift

In other words, the more people get infected, the more likely a new and more dangerous virus strain wil be created.

Isnt those born out of abusing antibiotics?

Also worth watching - Age of Aluminium (on YT).

No.

Abusing antibiotics cannot create viruses. It doesn't create super bacterias per say but it allow them to prosper and replicate without the competition of other kind of bacterias. Essentially, abusing antibiotics increases dramatically their multiplication and propagation.

For a bacteria to evolve into becoming resistant to antibiotics, it would need to be in contact with the antibiotic and survive and somehow develop a way to resist it further and then spread. I'm not sure that's possible.

I did see a documentary a while ago that it's possible for a bacteria to "steal" the stuff that make a super bacteria resistant and then replicate itself. I'm not too sure of how it work as it has been a while. I'd recommend searching for more information about it if you are curious.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
I remember several years ago i was at my doctor and she said to me that the main problem is abusing antibiotics but not finishing the treatment. Many people take those but when they feel better they stop and lets say half a box. That creates super - virus or super-bacteria. And modern hospitals are full of those, immune to many antibiotics.

I doubt that anything changed from that time. Exept maby that i stopped goind to them. Some small changes in my day to day routine and im much more healthy, i lost almost 20kg and i feel much much better overall.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Pro vax, but it's your choice as such you should be held responsible for the deaths of your children and the others it infects.

That's the thing tho, a parent should never have the choice over this for the children in their care. Australia rolled out a system where if a parent refused to take their child for vaccination social security payments are suspended. It worked really well I believe.

My brother had a procedure to 're-boot' his immune system effectively setting him back to day one. One of my concerns was did he need to have all his vaccine's again but the professor said it wasn't a problem for us here in the UK as coverage is optimal. It would be a problem if he plans to holiday abroad tho ... so he's stuck here in the rain for now :D

Last edited by Ribbsey on Dec 10, 2017, 8:33:10 AM
I take elements of both sides - I support vaccinations; however, I oppose forcing them on people who don't wish to take them.
"
de99ial wrote:
I remember several years ago i was at my doctor and she said to me that the main problem is abusing antibiotics but not finishing the treatment. Many people take those but when they feel better they stop and lets say half a box. That creates super - virus or super-bacteria. And modern hospitals are full of those, immune to many antibiotics.

I doubt that anything changed from that time. Exept maby that i stopped goind to them. Some small changes in my day to day routine and im much more healthy, i lost almost 20kg and i feel much much better overall.

Not completing the course of antibiotics is a major factor in the development of resistant strains. Nosocomial infections are also a key vector, since so many hospitalized patients have a stressed immune system due to injury or illness. If everybody just washed their hands more often, it would help stem the tide.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
rousedg wrote:
I take elements of both sides - I support vaccinations; however, I oppose forcing them on people who don't wish to take them.

102% agree. In my country there was made this legislation that government takes over decision making proces on their citizens and since the 2018 they can force anyone into any vaccine. ANY. I resignet from free medical support so they could not do this to me. There was also very loud case of parent that didnt want their baby to be vaccinated. Media made criminals of them. But after one day case was silent - turns out that vac that hospital tryed force into baby was illegal in my country for several years.

Im not saying all vaccines are dangerous and poisonus but modern vaccines have crazy high risk factor. Chcek auminium topic (Age of Aluminium documentary).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info