[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Hit 78 yesterday and wanted to come here and thank you. Your support for the questions here is nothing short of amazing and the build is an absolute blast to play.

I think many pizza-stick-survivors here are really thankful for what you did :D

Currently working on getting access to the Uber Lab and pushing maps. Besides an too early try at Esh nothing could stop me up to now. I really like the combo of Herbalism, Belly of the Beast and Faminebind, for a neat flask uptime and really strong "oh shit" flasks.

Thoughts on The Gull vs Devoto's Devotion? In the lab the shrines aren't that helpful (with Izaro being the biggest thread in there, and not many minions in his fight.) but for mapping I really like them. It also has no armor but a nice amount of life.
How does this version of the build stack up against the raider version? I always love leveling as duelist, but the speed that the raider can give end-game is swaying me a bit.
FYI: I don't think this build qualifies as "very cheap" any more given Xophs is a Breach unique. Xophs start at 5e. 6L Carcass Jack starts at 7e (and even a 5L is about 1e). Same goes for Ngamahu. The 3 core items at 7e-17e isn't very cheap.

Really wish I'd played this in Breach instead of other builds! :(
I knw this is a strange request bur can someone look at my gear and let me know what gear i could keep. Im planning on speccing into this build. I lack cleerspeed and this looks interesting.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
By going crit and proccing elemental overload I wasn't meaning using acuity. I meant getting rid of RT and using crit to proc 40% more damage from EO.

I have attached a level 100 skill tree, I think it's an interesting idea as EO is a huge dps bump. You may have to use Increased Accuracy in your cyclone support setup though to make sure you don't miss to often? Here is the tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAGVNR369Nlb6I9OPYG8nmmqsqkCgducirzhT3D3ApiFVB3XrCTkOCZaFUpd5qZSHapBsqSf3Mmhl890kqjbpFm_janIPcqkhYO0ggpvhc62NdqzPfo25_W6xfMPmfys6UlZIhO8wfJBVGjgnL419TZIj9sSCivCkwnrv028FLXTtRrfkURiRFE28n_xLFHVnoOOfh3ZKfcBm73w8BdrBXz_YJGZUhNn60scqmy1eE2aeogDwHwSzvqeGtIWnsoA7tqU1DHD1YSef7w5QRxQgV-J35TKJXzmwq3TxFHFZ8_jr2WEabJ2uhmB31zrYDjwY2-oYYVLvTqcIlG9o8vJB2XyCBwAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

You also get a lot of int from this tree which saves a couple of points.

P.

so you DONT need aciuty for this tree?

what gloves to you recommend?
Last edited by Planisphaerium on Mar 10, 2017, 2:37:10 PM
"
"
mrpetrov wrote:
By going crit and proccing elemental overload I wasn't meaning using acuity. I meant getting rid of RT and using crit to proc 40% more damage from EO.

I have attached a level 100 skill tree, I think it's an interesting idea as EO is a huge dps bump. You may have to use Increased Accuracy in your cyclone support setup though to make sure you don't miss to often? Here is the tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAGVNR369Nlb6I9OPYG8nmmqsqkCgducirzhT3D3ApiFVB3XrCTkOCZaFUpd5qZSHapBsqSf3Mmhl890kqjbpFm_janIPcqkhYO0ggpvhc62NdqzPfo25_W6xfMPmfys6UlZIhO8wfJBVGjgnL419TZIj9sSCivCkwnrv028FLXTtRrfkURiRFE28n_xLFHVnoOOfh3ZKfcBm73w8BdrBXz_YJGZUhNn60scqmy1eE2aeogDwHwSzvqeGtIWnsoA7tqU1DHD1YSef7w5QRxQgV-J35TKJXzmwq3TxFHFZ8_jr2WEabJ2uhmB31zrYDjwY2-oYYVLvTqcIlG9o8vJB2XyCBwAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

P.

You certainly do NOT need acuity for this build. I think there are a few ways to get sufficient crit to enable EO to be up most of the time.

1. Get the "120% chance to crit if you haven't crit recently" enchant on your boots

2. Take the 4 melee crit nodes just right of Resolute Technique (remember you don't want RT!), which gives 125% crit chance

3. Use Maligaros gloves (or Acuity) for their global crit chance

4. Use a Diamond Flask

I noted the Pathfinder version of this build (Grocery Meatballs) also uses EO without any additional crit from the tree.

Personally I just have high IAS/Res/Life gloves and I have the enchant on my boots. I've also specced into the 4 crit nodes at the expense of Wrecking Ball (Wrecking Ball isn't that huge a dps bump). This gives me 17.25% crit chance on Cyclone, which is plenty to have EO up a lot.

This tree also goes past the reduced mana reservation nodes in the top left. I managed to 6L a Cospri's Will very cheaply (has never happened to me before so quickly), so now I run Herald of Ash-Flammability-Temp Chains with still 118 mana free. Gives Survivability a big bump and Temp Chains makes the ignites on mobs last longer. Not to mention you get about 1.4k armour from Cospri's Will.

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Mar 10, 2017, 4:47:20 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
"
mrpetrov wrote:

P.

You certainly do NOT need acuity for this build. I think there are a few ways to get sufficient crit to enable EO to be up most of the time.

1. Get the "120% chance to crit if you haven't crit recently" enchant on your boots

2. Take the 4 melee crit nodes just right of Resolute Technique (remember you don't want RT!), which gives 125% crit chance

3. Use Maligaros gloves (or Acuity) for their global crit chance

4. Use a Diamond Flask

I noted the Pathfinder version of this build (Grocery Meatballs) also uses EO without any additional crit from the tree.

Personally I just have high IAS/Res/Life gloves and I have the enchant on my boots. I've also specced into the 4 crit nodes at the expense of Wrecking Ball (Wrecking Ball isn't that huge a dps bump). This gives me 17.25% crit chance on Cyclone, which is plenty to have EO up a lot.

P.

would u mind taking a look at my current slayer and kinda seeing which gear i can carry over? will i be alright with my 6l chest for now? or is carcass jack a must?
Found this amulet earlier. Think I'm going to use it over a Carnage Heart until I get Xoph's Blood. I lose some damage, but the life on it seems like a better option right now.

Spoiler
What's a good 5L set up for a non-Carcass Jack?

Cyclone - Melee Phys - Weapon Elemenatl Damage - Fortify - Inc AoE? or Phys to Lightning?
"
cybertier wrote:
Hit 78 yesterday and wanted to come here and thank you. Your support for the questions here is nothing short of amazing and the build is an absolute blast to play.

I think many pizza-stick-survivors here are really thankful for what you did :D

Currently working on getting access to the Uber Lab and pushing maps. Besides an too early try at Esh nothing could stop me up to now. I really like the combo of Herbalism, Belly of the Beast and Faminebind, for a neat flask uptime and really strong "oh shit" flasks.

Thoughts on The Gull vs Devoto's Devotion? In the lab the shrines aren't that helpful (with Izaro being the biggest thread in there, and not many minions in his fight.) but for mapping I really like them. It also has no armor but a nice amount of life.

The Gull main bonus comes from Shrines and personally, I only like 2 shrines, namely: the one that gives you immortality and the one that gives you running speed.

Devoto gives you 20% movement and 16% attack speed and it is always active. It also gives you great amount of armour and evasion rating.

So personally, I would still prefer Devoto because it is always there. :)

"
Foot wrote:
How does this version of the build stack up against the raider version? I always love leveling as duelist, but the speed that the raider can give end-game is swaying me a bit.

Like I mentioned in 1 of my earlier replies, I never played Raider. This is the very first time I play Slayer when I created this build. Endless Hunger from Slayer, 20% culling strikes, the AOE bonus and the bleed + stun immunity from Slayer is what attracted me to the Slayer class.

Looking at Raider's Ascendancy, I would say Raider should do more damage and has great mobility (movement) but when it comes to survival, I don't know how well it will perform without taking Vaal Pact node.

Furthermore, the build was initially created for Uber Lab runs and Vaal Pact can be painful for lab runs because of the missing life regen.

"
ProfP wrote:
FYI: I don't think this build qualifies as "very cheap" any more given Xophs is a Breach unique. Xophs start at 5e. 6L Carcass Jack starts at 7e (and even a 5L is about 1e). Same goes for Ngamahu. The 3 core items at 7e-17e isn't very cheap.

Really wish I'd played this in Breach instead of other builds! :(

Oh don't worry on the price for this build. At this moment, it is already heading towards the "very cheap" path.

Ngamahu's Flame was at 1 exalted, you can get 1 now at 15 chaos.

Xoph's Blood was at 6+ exalted, last I checked, it dropped to 4+ exalted. Bear in mind that Xoph's Blood is not a rare drop. It is a drop from the easiest (lowest level) Breach boss. Give it another week and I believe it will drop to 1+ exalted.

5L Carcass Jack is still cheap (30+ chaos) and 6L (not required) has always been around 6 exalted range.

So give it another week and it should fall back to it's "Very Cheap" spot. :)

And in the mean time, you can use 1 of these 2 amulets in Xoph's Blood place:

"

Pretty much what the man @mrpetrov said.

If you look at the ALTERNATE SKILLTREE - MIN/MAX SETUP section, Acuity gloves is just recommended. It is not a required piece. The same goes to the rings (The Taming + Emberwake) that are mentioned there. :)

You will want to have around 15% crit strike chance (more the better) on your Cyclone so that you can have almost permanent Elemental Overload up time.

Attack speed and crit strike chance jewels will be ideal for it too.

I would also add that Elemental Overload path is a high character level requirement skill tree. This is because at level 90, you only have 167% life from the tree and you only hit a more comfortable zone (189% life) when you reach level 94. And I would say level 96 (199% life) is a better level to aim for.

Attack speed and crit strike chance on helm are lovely mod for this tree. So you would want to have either

or

Drawback. Your armour ratings will take a big hit.

"

would u mind taking a look at my current slayer and kinda seeing which gear i can carry over? will i be alright with my 6l chest for now? or is carcass jack a must?

Certainly. You will first need to make your characters public (it is currently hidden). You can do that by going to "My Account -> Privacy Settings" which is located at the bottom right of "My Account" page.

I would recommend Carcass Jack but you can always pick another 6L chest piece. Or you can always go for 5L Carcass Jack.

"
dbush2765 wrote:
Found this amulet earlier. Think I'm going to use it over a Carnage Heart until I get Xoph's Blood. I lose some damage, but the life on it seems like a better option right now.

Spoiler

You can also master craft physical damage into the amulet since it has an open prefix spot.

"
What's a good 5L set up for a non-Carcass Jack?

Cyclone - Melee Phys - Weapon Elemenatl Damage - Fortify - Inc AoE? or Phys to Lightning?

You can take a look under Gems Setup -> Carcass Jack. Inside there you will find gems setup for 5L (with and without Xoph's Blood). :)

EDIT: Added helm recommendation for reply responding to Elemental Overload skill tree.
Last edited by kira1414 on Mar 10, 2017, 8:18:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info