[3.3] LL CI Crit Freezing Pulse by Paige | Shatter Everything! | LL + CI Shenanigans | Off Meta

"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Right now I prefer two open ring slots for stats/res/es, plus diamond/opal are great bases. Also there's no good jewels out in new league yet.

When testing things like Hypo (which is still a viable option imo), crit multi, cont destruction, faster casting, I noticed while they boosted tooltip they didn't do anywhere near the same amount of effective damage in real combat. Also stacking spell echo + faster casting is pointless.

There are too many variables going on to look at tooltip and follow it 100%.

That being said.. I still have to go over the gems and give them all a shot again. Just FYI, the gem section of the guide hasn't been updated until I completely feel comfortable with the build, and right now I don't, so I'm not going to suggest something half broken.

Right now I am running FP > Leech > Echo > Cold Pen > Added Cold > Inc Crit Strikes

Interesting. I'll try out added cold damage and see how it feels on my character. Been using Path of Building to calculate things and it has added cold as -12% damage overall but I do know that things with crit builds can achieve different "feels" based on where exactly the crit chance is.

Didn't realize you were doing a new league build / build guide for it... yeah it will take a long time to get to a gear situation where 2x first snow is suboptimal as you need decent 4 mod jewels to really make it worthwhile in comparison, IMO.

Yeah no worries, you gotta be careful with tooltip DPS listings because there's too many variables for things. I can tell you for a fact from what I tested in real combat that was the best setup I could find.

Added Cold Damage is very good for FP because FP has a 125% effectiveness for added damage. Tooltip reads the flat added damage but not the penetration and everything, that is why it lists so low on DPS rankings vs other support gems because there is not one formula for calculating penetration since every mob has different resistances, but in the real world it's king.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 7, 2017, 2:32:45 PM
"
Socos wrote:
I wanna say thank you for posting this! I started leaning towards something like this on accident because I wasn't sure how viable two first snows was going to be. Was going for sure storm burst build and I'm hard switching to this!

Now just gotta everything else lol.

Hey glad to hear, hopefully everything works out for you. :D
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 7, 2017, 2:29:05 PM
do you use ice goldem with this build and summon 2 of em
"
foogusnot wrote:
do you use ice goldem with this build and summon 2 of em

The damage bonus from golems only can apply once, it's better to use Ice + Lightning Golem.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Trees, jewels, gear & flasks have been updated for 3.0.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
I can't see the skill tree? "Bad Gateway 502"
Your skill tree links are giving me bad gateway.
Yep.. site is down again, once it comes back and I'm gonna convert all the trees to the basic PoE tree, tired of the site going down all the time.

Sorry everyone.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 7, 2017, 5:57:57 PM
no problem thank you!
Hey ! pretty new to the game, I choose this build to begin with, it's nice for now, but I looked more into CI Budget build tree and the levelling one, many point are different and it doesn't looks like I can refund much of them .. that's a bit disapointing if it occurs that my char is good to be restarted from the beginning :(
Any advice on this situation ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info