[3.3] LL CI Crit Freezing Pulse by Paige | Shatter Everything! | LL + CI Shenanigans | Off Meta

So does Vaal Pact do anything now? I see the skill tree still has a point in Vaal Pact.
Reworked my tree and upgraded to GG gear to solve squishy ES issues after the ES nerfs and removal of Vaal Pact. Sitting around 9k ES and about 402k tooltip DPS with 4 power charges up. That's way more damage than needed for general clearing so I swap Empower/Controlled Destruction out for Item Quantity & Item Rarity for clearing and then only go max DPS for bosses.

You can inspect my character Winds_Of_Winter for up to date info on my setup, but for now it's:

Gear

Passive Tree @ level 95

Unsure about my flask setup... Atziri's Promise doesn't really do all that much. Used to run Vinktar for the shock aura but that's a lot less useful now.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 5, 2017, 11:45:33 PM
"
micxiao wrote:
So does Vaal Pact do anything now? I see the skill tree still has a point in Vaal Pact.

No, it doesn't, testing out the build now on league and will be getting a tree up by tonight/tomorrow.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
First wave of updates have been posted.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Skill tree not working: 10p, 20p, etc...

Could you please update those? :)
"

Why not run 1x first snow / 1x damage jewel / 1x snake pit rather than 2x first snow? Seems to me a damage jewel (a good one being about 10% more damage) is better than the extra projectiles over 4.

Also, controlled destruction is quite a bit more DPS than added cold damage in main link (faster casting and increased crit damage are also better than added cold).
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 7, 2017, 12:58:41 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"

Why not run 1x first snow / 1x damage jewel / 1x snake pit rather than 2x first snow? Seems to me a damage jewel (a good one being about 10% more damage) is better than the extra projectiles over 4.

Also, controlled destruction is quite a bit more DPS than added cold damage in main link (faster casting and increased crit damage are also better than added cold).

Right now I prefer two open ring slots for stats/res/es, plus diamond/opal are great bases. Also there's no good jewels out in new league yet.

When testing things like Hypo (which is still a viable option imo), crit multi, cont destruction, faster casting, I noticed while they boosted tooltip they didn't do anywhere near the same amount of effective damage in real combat. Also stacking spell echo + faster casting is pointless.

There are too many variables going on to look at tooltip and follow it 100%.

That being said.. I still have to go over the gems and give them all a shot again. Just FYI, the gem section of the guide hasn't been updated until I completely feel comfortable with the build, and right now I don't, so I'm not going to suggest something half broken.

Right now I am running FP > Leech > Echo > Cold Pen > Added Cold > Inc Crit Strikes

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 7, 2017, 1:14:30 PM
"
kr4zed_j0o wrote:
Skill tree not working: 10p, 20p, etc...

Could you please update those? :)

Sorry.. I just went over the trees and they were all working & updated, and now it looks like poeplanner website is down again. Idk what's going on with them..

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Right now I prefer two open ring slots for stats/res/es, plus diamond/opal are great bases. Also there's no good jewels out in new league yet.

When testing things like Hypo (which is still a viable option imo), crit multi, cont destruction, faster casting, I noticed while they boosted tooltip they didn't do anywhere near the same amount of effective damage in real combat. Also stacking spell echo + faster casting is pointless.

There are too many variables going on to look at tooltip and follow it 100%.

That being said.. I still have to go over the gems and give them all a shot again. Just FYI, the gem section of the guide hasn't been updated until I completely feel comfortable with the build, and right now I don't, so I'm not going to suggest something half broken.

Right now I am running FP > Leech > Echo > Cold Pen > Added Cold > Inc Crit Strikes

Interesting. I'll try out added cold damage and see how it feels on my character. Been using Path of Building to calculate things and it has added cold as -12% damage overall but I do know that things with crit builds can achieve different "feels" based on where exactly the crit chance is.

Didn't realize you were doing a new league build / build guide for it... yeah it will take a long time to get to a gear situation where 2x first snow is suboptimal as you need decent 4 mod jewels to really make it worthwhile in comparison, IMO.
I wanna say thank you for posting this! I started leaning towards something like this on accident because I wasn't sure how viable two first snows was going to be. Was going for sure storm burst build and I'm hard switching to this!

Now just gotta everything else lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info