Breach League Statistics

"
Marxone wrote:
Too bad that the breach lord zones are nothing else than dps check, so any fun builds don't stand a chance. I have created an off char just do deal with this type of content, no fun build that just has the necessary numbers without any effort.

So the game's content should be do-able without any effort??? WTF are you on?
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Dec 21, 2016, 6:11:07 AM
"
Cicindela wrote:
"
many players reporting that this league has been some of the most fun they've had in the game

Bullshit. I see how many players report lags in breach, less than 1 fps, especially on cruel and merciless, due to which this feature is unplayable. Are you doing anything about this problem?

It seems breach heavily relies on SSD to handle monsters, effects to load up quickly and not many players are going to buy new PC with SSD just for 1 game with new feature.
Though GGG's choice is interesting. Those who are willing to change PC for new one with SSD just for 1 game have money. They are GGG's tasty target audience. Those who are unwilling - don't have money - so they are of no interest to GGG, GGG needs money. Interesting policy. Nasty, but interesting.

I have pretty bad performance on merciless breaches with an SSD, so that's not the only thing you may need.

On the other hand, you don't need to buy a entirely new computer in order to have an SSD. I recently installed one on my 6 year old laptop.
I also agree with the general idea of: timers =/= fun. They've never been, and never will be, fun.

This has been proven so many times.
This is an interesting thread. Because many issues are discussed here:

1) Nerf of broken skill mid-league = unfair
2) Chayula splinters (say breaches) are a bit rare
3) Some items are used so often, outlining some things are too strong lvl 80+ (ES-based stuff)
4) Fun builds are problematic this league

My opinion:

1) Well guys, this is a game. Something was broken. GGG failed, because many good analytics of this game announced it before the league started. But no reason for you to cry. If in a supermarket a price label is wrong, you buy the item and on the next day you bring all your friends, telling them, there is something reaaalllyyy cheap in this supermarket, but they have fixed it, will you freak out and yell at the supermarket, that they have fixed the price labels? Sorry just childish.

2) Well I don't have so much time this league, still put >20h in this game and have not found a single Chayula splinter. I just thought, yeah well, once you arrive at Tier 8 Maps or so, then it will be fine. But now that I see, here are guys on lvl 94, who have not even 50/100 of these splinters. Guys with 27 Challenges completed, may get to 100 at the end of the league, if they keep playing a lot of time. It is absolutely obvious that GGG failed hard. Core game content of a specific league, that is unachievable for 99% of the players. Absolutely innaceptable. Then they "fix" it and it remains unavailable for 98,5% of the players?

3) More statistics needed. It's absurd to make absolute points with this amount of data. SC/HC? How many people have CI? Etc...

4) Yes, this is sad. Fun builds are nice, cool to see, just pure DPS monsters are anyway good for your currency stash, but it is so cool to build something, nobody has every build. I have done this several times and it was fun. But when I saw how breach works, well no way. Decided to go Elementalist with Consuming Dark and Crit Bomber Assassin after I died :D But well, the future might be less punishing for fun builds... Not too bad.

Summing it all up, shows me that GGG is too hesitant to solve issues. BV issue was quite known and Chayula splinters issue is obvious and this fix is not a fix.
http://www.roadatlas.eu
Chayula splinters will still be way too rare.
At least introduce a recipe for them! Like, Other Slinters + Blessing = Chayula Splinter
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Dec 21, 2016, 7:46:07 AM
"
prawda wrote:
This is an interesting thread. Because many issues are discussed here:

1) Well guys, this is a game. Something was broken. GGG failed, because many good analytics of this game announced it before the league started. But no reason for you to cry. If in a supermarket a price label is wrong, you buy the item and on the next day you bring all your friends, telling them, there is something reaaalllyyy cheap in this supermarket, but they have fixed it, will you freak out and yell at the supermarket, that they have fixed the price labels? Sorry just childish.

Not really comparable though. It's kind of a dumb analogy.
Since it implies that "you" still has the original item for the original price.
That's not going to be the case here.
If we go by your analogy, it would mean that "you", were hold up at the supermarket being demanded you pay the altered price difference before you can go home again with your item.
Wouldn't you, start screaming at the supermarket then, because they made a mistake, and then insisted you pay the difference before you can go home?

Edit: My personal opinion, yes I agree it should be fixed, since it is obviously broken, however it's just a really bad timing they suddenly decided to go "fix it" mid-league, when they have been aware of this for a long time.
Last edited by Wickedmike on Dec 21, 2016, 7:56:23 AM
Thanks for sharing, GGG. :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
I have pretty bad performance on merciless breaches with an SSD, so that's not the only thing you may need.

On the other hand, you don't need to buy a entirely new computer in order to have an SSD. I recently installed one on my 6 year old laptop.

First, you too have 0.2 fps with SSD? Or is it higher?
Second, you'll be surprised how many people have notebooks with i7 quad cores, 4-8 gb ram, 4-6 gb video (ati & nvidia), but with usual hdd. Unfortunately you can't simply swap hdd with ssd on notebooks. Not in many cases. You have to buy new notebook for that. And buying new notebook for 2000-3000$ is pricy for many common people. Thus those who can afford such a simple thing - spending 2000-3000$ for each new game or broken feature, which GGG releases - their tasty target audience.

Think broader.
Last edited by Cicindela on Dec 21, 2016, 8:48:28 AM
"
Top Ten Primary Skills By Numbers Used on Character's Level 80 +
Ancestral Warchief
Orb of Storms

Wait, what build uses Orb of Storms as primary skill?
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
"
Cicindela wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:

First, you too have 0.2 fps with SSD? Or is it higher?
Second, you'll be surprised how many people have notebooks with i7 quad cores, 4-8 gb ram, 4-6 gb video (ati & nvidia), but with usual hdd. Unfortunately you can't simply swap hdd with ssd on notebooks. Not in many cases. You have to buy new notebook for that. And buying new notebook for 2000-3000$ is pricy for many common people. Thus those who can afford such a simple thing - spending 2000-3000$ for each new game or broken feature, which GGG releases - their tasty target audience.

Think broader.

What kind of notebook has the hdd soldered to the motherboard? Or doesn't let you remove the back cover?
You can swap hdd/ssd in any notebook. You can even sacrifice the dvd bay or add an external hdd for storage.
Noone has to ditch their 2k$ notebook to get one with ssd.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info