Deleted

Excellent guide, I can't help notice that at the bottom of you "planned end game" tree you are wasting 2 str nodes above executioner and wrecking ball.
no
Great build guide and vids!

I was wondering how this would compare to Etup's CI Pathfinder version? He has expensive gear I know but you dont need all of that.

Just ripped to stupidity (lvl 90 freezing pulse inquisitor spelltotems, was very smooth until I killed myself) and will reroll this or as pathfinder CI tomorrow.
"
Tannhauser1 wrote:
Great build guide and vids!

I was wondering how this would compare to Etup's CI Pathfinder version? He has expensive gear I know but you dont need all of that.

Just ripped to stupidity (lvl 90 freezing pulse inquisitor spelltotems, was very smooth until I killed myself) and will reroll this or as pathfinder CI tomorrow.

I hope this is a joke question...

Etup's Ci Ngamahu build is a disgrace..

Lets start by comparing the value of the build

Mine
Spoiler

Helm - Under 40 chaos
Body - Under 40 chaos
Boots - 80 chaos
Rings & Belt - Combined under 100 chaos
Weapon - 80 chaos
Amulet - 80 chaos

Value of 420 chaos

Etup
Spoiler

Helm - Around 300 chaos
Body - Over 70 Exalted = 1540 chaos
Boots - 880 chaos
Rings & Belt - over 2000 chaos
Weapon - Corrupted +2 = 5x value of Normal Ngamahu 6s = 400 Chaos
Amulet - 80 chaos

Flasks
- Dying Sun - 679 chaos
- Vinktar's - 60+ chaos

Value of 5200 Chaos

The value is over 14x of what my build costs

So he went ci as pathfinder
He went with the avatar of fire amulet, i really dont understand why because on his tree he takes veteran bowyer which gives 10% of phys as extra damage (unless its as fire he gets 50% effectiveness)

He gives up all other options, because he believes that converting the 50% of his phys dmg needs to be converted to fire to get the 30% pen.

Without the amulet he would have 20% pen (not including ascendancy) and could instead focus on wed and using that phys to scale flasks like vinktars/taste of hate/ etc.

Instead of added fire phys to lightning can be used on the axe and cyclone combined with vinktars he would have actual leech.

He doesnt even see the possibility in going crit and taking power charges on tree because his skyforths gives permanent power charge uptime.

Pathfinder gives a bunch of flask effectiveness... so his flasks would give insane stats...

Either way all options are thrown out the door by using xophs amulet on a CI Pathfinder....

He hardly gets any damage from the tree because of the ES pathing and has to really go out of his way for leech and pointblank.

He also takes elemental overload and doesnt even try to go crit based.

On our build we get 10(max possibility of 11)frenzy charges which give attack damage, more damage, attack speed, move speed, dodge etc.

So the 40% more dmg(from elemental overload) is worse then 10 frenzy charges on a raider
His tree gives 10% additional penetration and 40% elemental damage

Raider also gets 40% elemental damage but instead of the pen we get defensive stats, movement speed, phasing, and extra dodge.

So all in all the only thing pathfinder has on raider is 10% pen and extra flask charges gained.

Raider beats it in pure damage, defensive overall stats, speed, etc.

His build is being carried by pure currency. If he would try to make it without the headhunter/skyforths/dyingsun etc and not a 70ex chest plate i guarantee it would perform like shit.

I dont like his pathing, i dont like his choices, the gear is insanely expensive... and all he does with it is ez maps because his headhunter gives him godmode essentially

I havent seen him farming guardians,shaper,atziri,uber atziri or anything actually difficult.

So all that currency invested for what.. for a nice meme video stream for people to watch as he mindlessly creams the content because he went full dps and has his defenses covered by the extremely expensive uniques and vaal disc/vaal pact etc.

Dont approve of it what- so - ever it might as well be a std build because that gear value is near unobtainable for the average player.

Ive 6linked many items this league and i have had some good rng, i can barely afford a headhunter at this point...

So no, you and 99.99% of everyone who plays this game cannot make that build.

Thats all i gotta say.
Last edited by Bloomania on Jan 4, 2017, 3:03:22 AM
Hey, great build and guide by the way-- I had a slayer version that ended up ripping at 85 to a mistake during a Tul fight, but i felt that most of the ascendant points were useless for this build. The raider is a great idea, and although I have the axe and amulet I feel like the balls are hitting fairly soft. (level 65, 5.7k ball dmg in town) Should I get a second ring with ele damage?

Is hatred a poor idea? I was under the impression that it would add no damage since it is cold, due to avatar of fire, but it does seem to boost the abilities' dps.

Also, how do you get your hands on the ele weakness on hit for gloves? I feel like I will need to run fire pen gem/blasphemy-flamm due to not being able to attain that corruption.

Lastly, do you run increased AOE over concentrated effect on the axe to help the balls spread out during breaches and trash? I've read guides that tell you to make this swap but I wanted to hear your opinion on this matter.

Thank you.
5.7 in town seems really good at that level... I have 6.7k at level 92 and I clear T13-T15 maps easily. Although with enfeeble or EE it happens I have to spin through the target a few times instead of just oneshotting it, which isn't the end of the world.

You can't run hatred since you need Grace/ash.

The ele weakness on gloves isn't a must imo. I don't have it and I don't feel like I need it.

Edit: Hmm well I am using Fire Pen instead of Added Fire... With Added Fire I get around 10k tooltip, but not sure if extra penetration is better or worse...
In your gem setup in original post you said to use Added Fire, but in your current weapon you are using Fire Pen. Any more info on which is/could be better Ben?
Last edited by Affinity on Jan 4, 2017, 6:35:53 AM
"
LotusJuice wrote:
Hey, great build and guide by the way-- I had a slayer version that ended up ripping at 85 to a mistake during a Tul fight, but i felt that most of the ascendant points were useless for this build. The raider is a great idea, and although I have the axe and amulet I feel like the balls are hitting fairly soft. (level 65, 5.7k ball dmg in town) Should I get a second ring with ele damage?

Is hatred a poor idea? I was under the impression that it would add no damage since it is cold, due to avatar of fire, but it does seem to boost the abilities' dps.

Also, how do you get your hands on the ele weakness on hit for gloves? I feel like I will need to run fire pen gem/blasphemy-flamm due to not being able to attain that corruption.

Lastly, do you run increased AOE over concentrated effect on the axe to help the balls spread out during breaches and trash? I've read guides that tell you to make this swap but I wanted to hear your opinion on this matter.

Thank you.

Thanks for your compliments

So let me help you out and answer some questions.

So first off your profile and character page is private so i cant see your gear/links/gems/tree etc

So to start off i have posted vods of gameplay, mino kill, atziri runs, and a screen shot of the tooltip

If your stats feel low, look at my level and gear and then compare what you are missing.

Quality on Gems is HUGE for dps

Ele weakness on hit can be searched for on poe.trade as a corruption.

Fire pen is worse then added fire unless you are doing fire res maps or ee maps.
Fire pen has diminishing returns. It is more effective to use fire pen against monsters with high fire resist and its worse to use it against monsters with low res.

Most mobs only have 30-40% res and we already pen 38% + elemental weakness we really dont need firepen for most cases.

Never use increased aoe on the axe. The balls fly out further and we need the balls to land as close to our target as possible.

Herald of ash is what you use to improve clear speed

You have to run grace + HoA

hatred isnt an option and it only gives 50% effectiveness because of avatar of fire. (read what avatar of fire does)
"
5.7 in town seems really good at that level... I have 6.7k at level 92 and I clear T13-T15 maps easily. Although with enfeeble or EE it happens I have to spin through the target a few times instead of just oneshotting it, which isn't the end of the world.

You can't run hatred since you need Grace/ash.

The ele weakness on gloves isn't a must imo. I don't have it and I don't feel like I need it.

Edit: Hmm well I am using Fire Pen instead of Added Fire... With Added Fire I get around 10k tooltip, but not sure if extra penetration is better or worse...
In your gem setup in original post you said to use Added Fire, but in your current weapon you are using Fire Pen. Any more info on which is/could be better Ben?

I would say Elemental weakness is a must. Its like adding pointblank on the tree, it gives huge dmg its a must have for the build.

In the same sense buying a decent pair of gloves and corrupting till you get weakness on hit or just buying weakness on hit gloves is massive for the build.

I said fire pen is worse then added fire in most situations because of diminishing returns of pen.

The more pen you have against a lower res enemy the less dmg you really get.

Pen, however, is very good against bosses with high resistance.

I died while doing uber so i was using fire pen.
"
"
LotusJuice wrote:

Thank you.

Thanks for your compliments

So let me help you out and answer some questions.

So first off your profile and character page is private so i cant see your gear/links/gems/tree etc

So to start off i have posted vods of gameplay, mino kill, atziri runs, and a screen shot of the tooltip

If your stats feel low, look at my level and gear and then compare what you are missing.

Quality on Gems is HUGE for dps

Ele weakness on hit can be searched for on poe.trade as a corruption.

Fire pen is worse then added fire unless you are doing fire res maps or ee maps.
Fire pen has diminishing returns. It is more effective to use fire pen against monsters with high fire resist and its worse to use it against monsters with low res.

Most mobs only have 30-40% res and we already pen 38% + elemental weakness we really dont need firepen for most cases.

Never use increased aoe on the axe. The balls fly out further and we need the balls to land as close to our target as possible.

Herald of ash is what you use to improve clear speed

You have to run grace + HoA

hatred isnt an option and it only gives 50% effectiveness because of avatar of fire. (read what avatar of fire does)

Oh I didn't realize it was private, I fixed that now--any feedback would be appreciated.

I see, thanks for clarifying the fire pen issue--I was wondering if it was worth using against Xoth but his resists/stats were not uploaded on the wiki.

I can see the value in the elemental weakness on the gloves, its just there is not much selection in BHC (i mostly see snakebites), so I was simply considering the gem as a replacement to this since I may not have the currency to craft my own. I image its hard to get a pair that are also evasion and have good sockets/resists?
I bought these yesterday for 100c, after they were listed for like 20sec (I made poe.trade search with notification also for many other items), I guess still a good buy, though you can try yourself many times for that amount with decent gloves after you make them 4link/20q.

Tomorrow I will melt some maps I hope (still leveling)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info