Blade Flurry seems so broken I don't want to start playing it before nerf

"
raics wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
raics wrote:

If it double dips, that's a bug, such modifiers only apply to the skill base damage. But yeah, the wording is misleading if you try to compare Incinerate and Flameblast.

The stage portion is a generic damage modifier unless it happens to something very exceptional that ignore the game rule then the text is misleading. I always found the generic damage modifier to be the most potent damage type (luckily minion does not benefit from this), so I was surprised when GGG did not include "20% more melee damage for each stage" on the skill text. Lazy writing or oversight?

Edit: Incinerate has similar skill text, but it has drawback of not being able to crit that easily. Should at least be like Flameblast.

Yeah, I know what it says, if we go by logic we'd be right to assume that it also applies to damage over time resulting from the hit, but it supposedly doesn't. Mark confirmed it somewhere so I suppose it's just lazy writing.

Spoiler
silly me, making assumptions based on logic, i've been around here long enough to know better
:(
Spoiler
still, appreciate the correction, don't like giving out false info to other community members \o

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
xMustard wrote:
this is the issue i see with double dipping. i think double dipping on poison is broken as all get out, however i don't find double dipping on ignites to be OP.

It (double dipping Ignite) is competitive with the other top tier damage dealers. As crit or even non-crit EO with this:

Difference is that you need a dedicated build to make it work. Unlike with poison. Which can be slapped onto any phys/chaos build.

"
SumoFlorist wrote:
What all you people seem to forget is that 2 out of 4 guardians are immune to poison, so every core poison class (however OP they seem in the rest of the game) have to fight for like 30 minutes to take these bosses down because their main source of damage has zero effect...

With Atlas came poison. Which really hurts poison builds. But they also introduced a (partial) workaround - esp for ED poison build: You can just switch from CD to sth like this:

"
raics wrote:
Yeah, I know what it says, if we go by logic we'd be right to assume that it also applies to damage over time resulting from the hit, but it supposedly doesn't. Mark confirmed it somewhere so I suppose it's just lazy writing.

Or it is "GGG developer logic". IME they do some of these blatant misleading things deliberately. Not necessarily to mislead but due to some developer POV "logic".
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Then don't fucking play it?

Prolonged applauses!!!!

+10.000
So melee gets one good skill in 3 years and you all want it nerfed, meanwhile people are running around on 18k es immortal characters with blade vortex, or one shotting everything with barrage and doomfletch prism..
"
opmanzano wrote:
I have a high level shadow character that i don't have fun with anymore, some decent CI gear and a Bino's dagger. I could spend some regrets and destroy game content with blade flurry now. But it's so absurdly broken that i feel it would be cheating and that's not fun. Anyone has this feeling too?

P.S. I tried blade flurry with a generic non-poison resolute technique char and it's good but not ridiculously broken, i mean same damage level of other good skills (read lacerate) with slightly faster but more clunky playstyle. what makes the skill broken is the poison stacking, poison need a cap of stacks.

Good , so don't play it . Meanwhile I'll finish all the challenges that give MTXs and will move to more enjoyable games :D Good luck .
"
plaguefear wrote:
So melee gets one good skill in 3 years and you all want it nerfed, meanwhile people are running around on 18k es immortal characters with blade vortex, or one shotting everything with barrage and doomfletch prism..

Naw those are fine. Mathil said BF is opaf so it must be opaf. Queue lemmings. Opaf opaf opaf.

Kill BF. Kill it!

What I don't get is the skill is open to everyone. Even if it was op broken, it's still available to everyone. I don't like flask builds so I never put together a BV Pathfinder. Also didn't care it was opaf because I don't care what content others do with what build. But apparently most have this idea that everyone else has to play just like they do. And it's a crime if an op build snuck through because that would untangle this game completely... I can see if a skill is only available to a select few. Kk. That makes sense. Totally. But in a game where everyone is free to use what you're using... push me off a cliff please...
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
plaguefear wrote:

Naw those are fine. Mathil said BF is opaf so it must be opaf. Queue lemmings. Opaf opaf opaf.

Kill BF. Kill it!

What I don't get is the skill is open to everyone. Even if it was op broken, it's still available to everyone. I don't like flask builds so I never put together a BV Pathfinder. Also didn't care it was opaf because I don't care what content others do with what build. But apparently most have this idea that everyone else has to play just like they do. And it's a crime if an op build snuck through because that would untangle this game completely... I can see if a skill is only available to a select few. Kk. That makes sense. Totally. But in a game where everyone is free to use what you're using... push me off a cliff please...
Not only that, but also what skills other people use has zero effect on me, if i don't like the skill i wont play it.
I want people to stop crying for nerfs and start requesting buffs, make every skill viable.
Im thinking ones claim "nerf BF!!" are who simply cant accept a new good melee skill.
Because if good melee skill comes, their specific, too expensive gears such as mirrored ones become unnecessary for most melee build players.
I think claimers want to lean back with too expensive gears.

if new good skill comes, best gear for it will become more expensive like other gears for other meta builds.
You all go play Blade Flurry for the new league, mean while I'll stick with my worthless warchief build.
Currently doing BF with a BoR Block Gladiator woth AFD + Fortify + Poison for links and AA + Hatred Aura. Using a Hook sword with him and damage isn't too bad as i can't wield the endgame rapiers or daggers. Considering switching to a Shield Version with Aegis Aurora and Tempest Shield Up to further crank up the block chance. Not as crazy fast as the videos people have of clearing Dried Lake in 1 minute but hey its fun. Also have a Warchief as a backup so hey best of both worlds.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info