Blade Flurry seems so broken I don't want to start playing it before nerf

I have a high level shadow character that i don't have fun with anymore, some decent CI gear and a Bino's dagger. I could spend some regrets and destroy game content with blade flurry now. But it's so absurdly broken that i feel it would be cheating and that's not fun. Anyone has this feeling too?

P.S. I tried blade flurry with a generic non-poison resolute technique char and it's good but not ridiculously broken, i mean same damage level of other good skills (read lacerate) with slightly faster but more clunky playstyle. what makes the skill broken is the poison stacking, poison need a cap of stacks.

EDIT POST NERF: I think the nerf was... well placed! the attack speed reduction is slight but probably puts BF near the best poison stacking skills not just above, also makes the playstyle less facerolling. Targetting range nerf is coherent since i really really want melee skills to be competitive with ranged/spell but offscreening with a melee skill without having heavy investments in AoE is nuts. The whole targeting and range for actual melee stuff will hopefully make the playstyle of melee more fluid and the targeting of bf is now more close to what it should be. the hit AoE made me think a little, but after that i concluded it actually makes bf more interesting, you need to move more your cursor and work more with the returning attacks (release stacks) to be effective.
Last edited by opmanzano on Nov 30, 2016, 2:15:31 PM
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2016, 4:32:21 PM
Then don't fucking play it?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 27, 2016, 3:17:30 AM
Inb4 they change the "20% more damage per stage" to "20% more melee damage per stage" without putting it in the patch nodes :)

It will most likely be addressed to be a bit more restrictive in its damage potential.

But it will be far from useless next league, they need the channeling skills data after all, so enjoy.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I've gone over my opinions of the skill in other threads, so to save the trouble I'll summarize briefly.

It's not OP by any means, it's not the best melee skill for clearing maps though it is very close, but it is the best melee skill for single target by a margin so large that it's actually not funny. Of course, my judgement of the skill is only at high end, since I haven't really bothered to level a character with it. I'm not saying it's bad (a few people seem to think I am), it's fucking amazing, but it's more hype than anything. It only looks OP because you're probably watching Mathil, and he makes everything look OP.

I would expect a very slight nerf to damage, but that's really it. The chances of it getting butchered 2 weeks after it was released are pretty damn low. Also, what I_NO said, don't play it if you don't want, up to you.
I feel ya. I like choices. OP skills are fine, but there's difference between good ol' OP skill and OP skill which is so ridiculously broken from the start that not playing it makes you feel like a dumbass.

I will probably avoid 1h swords/daggers/claws next league because of it.
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Nov 27, 2016, 3:49:44 AM
If you can destroy content with blade flurry you can do it with other skills. Just the typical bandwagon stuff. Next forum days will be hell anyway with all the patch changes speculations.
I feel like speculating on the price of bino's at the start of the league.

I'm going with 6ex early on.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Inb4 they change the "20% more damage per stage" to "20% more melee damage per stage" without putting it in the patch nodes :)

It will most likely be addressed to be a bit more restrictive in its damage potential.

But it will be far from useless next league, they need the channeling skills data after all, so enjoy.

Peace,

-Boem-

Yup, removing double dip from the stage portion helps the skill be balanced.

Spoiler
I sound sarcastic on the post above, but it is sad to see a "melee" skill lose double dip opportunity when it is hard to come by. Melee in general do not have much leg when it comes to double dips, while spell/ranged skills run rampant with them. Though, Blade Flurry is a bit too over-tuned as "melee" and I would rather have it be nerfed in that matter.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Boem wrote:
I feel like speculating on the price of bino's at the start of the league.

I'm going with 6ex early on.

Peace,

-Boem-

6ex? I remember buying a pair of Bino's for 4ex each back in like 1.3 or something or rather, and that was well before everything crashed in price. As well as before Bino's got nerfed, which tanked the price a lot.

Honestly my guess is probably 3 exalts, couldn't really see them going for any more than 4. Bino's isn't even that great of a dagger really, pretty bad attack speed. Although I guess it being unique helps make it significantly more available than a decent rare dagger early league, so who knows?
"
Boem wrote:

Unless they find the strength in their hearts to remove double dipping, no problem then. The skill kinda reminds of Spectral Throw in its heyday, one that doesn't suck at single target.

I don't think the skill will be wrecked before the league, maybe a light slap on the wrist so my bet on bino in first week is 2ex and 4ex for cospri even if they nerf or remove double dipping. Rare weapons are a joke, there are maybe 20 daggers over 250dps and 7% crit in essence and the league is over, no claws with those specs at all except anguish. Rare item league my ass.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 27, 2016, 4:30:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info