Blade Flurry seems so broken I don't want to start playing it before nerf

"
tm10067 wrote:
It also has the crappiest animation of all things I saw in POE :P

It's kinda good for what it is, it's a telekinetic attack so a shadow hunches over and witch starts levitating.

Speaking of which, I think this skill would be much more interesting if it wasn't 'melee', I feel that an attack of that nature should be neither melee or a projectile.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

Yup, removing double dip from the stage portion helps the skill be balanced.

If it double dips, that's a bug, such modifiers only apply to the skill base damage. But yeah, the wording is misleading if you try to compare Incinerate and Flameblast.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 27, 2016, 9:43:54 AM
"
raics wrote:

If it double dips, that's a bug, such modifiers only apply to the skill base damage. But yeah, the wording is misleading if you try to compare Incinerate and Flameblast.

hmm then i interpreted it wrong?

Funky, thanks for clarifying.

"
kms1320 wrote:
I'm thinking about trying a poison/bleed blade flurry assassin with bino's, and CI/Ghost Reaver/Vaal Pact.. will that be viable?

No mention of defensive attributes, i think you will be fine.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
raics wrote:

hmm then i interpreted it wrong?

IMO the wording is bugged.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
kms1320 wrote:
I'm thinking about trying a poison/bleed blade flurry assassin with bino's, and CI/Ghost Reaver/Vaal Pact.. will that be viable?

WOW.
How come nobody thought of that before you mention it ?
this is the issue i see with double dipping. i think double dipping on poison is broken as all get out, however i don't find double dipping on ignites to be OP.

i think to change blade flurry and poison etc to an appropriate level, they need to #1 only make chaos damage able to poison. do not give it a physical damage ratio at all. this makes poison more exclusive, which will instantly lower its damage. it would actually half it right off the hop for some builds. so poison becomes 10% of chaos damage per second for 2 seconds base duration.

then for blade flurry, 20% more damage per stage, 6 stages, and it only takes 1 second to get to 6 stages.....are you insane? this is absolutely broken as all fuck. 120% MORE damage within 1 second of channeling. drop this by half at least. 10% more per stage. thats 60% more. 66% base weapon damage +60% more is basically 105% base weapon attack damage. actually this still might be too high, considering you get 65% MORE attack speed just by using the damn skill.

make the 65% more attack speed, increased, and drop the more dmg to 10%. change poison to only be based off chaos damage and boom now you're looking at something that is better balanced.

i don't have an issue with double dipping mechanics. it actually makes a lot of sense. but poison double dip can get just too out of hand back when we could get all damage as chaos. we can't now, so its slightly better, but instead we just go 100% physical and chaos then still all of our damage can poison, so its just as bad.
What all you people seem to forget is that 2 out of 4 guardians are immune to poison, so every core poison class (however OP they seem in the rest of the game) have to fight for like 30 minutes to take these bosses down because their main source of damage has zero effect...
If skills like Blade Vortex exist in the game i don't see a problem with Blade Flurry.
Nerf blade flurry or boycott game!
"
raics wrote:

The stage portion is a generic damage modifier unless it happens to something very exceptional that ignore the game rule then the text is misleading. I always found the generic damage modifier to be the most potent damage type (luckily minion does not benefit from this), so I was surprised when GGG did not include "20% more melee damage for each stage" on the skill text. Lazy writing or oversight?

Edit: Incinerate has similar skill text, but it has drawback of not being able to crit that easily. Should at least be like Flameblast.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 27, 2016, 2:14:37 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
raics wrote:

The stage portion is a generic damage modifier unless it happens to something very exceptional that ignore the game rule then the text is misleading. I always found the generic damage modifier to be the most potent damage type (luckily minion does not benefit from this), so I was surprised when GGG did not include "20% more melee damage for each stage" on the skill text. Lazy writing or oversight?

Edit: Incinerate has similar skill text, but it has drawback of not being able to crit that easily. Should at least be like Flameblast.

Yeah, I know what it says, if we go by logic we'd be right to assume that it also applies to damage over time resulting from the hit, but it supposedly doesn't. Mark confirmed it somewhere so I suppose it's just lazy writing.

"
SumoFlorist wrote:
What all you people seem to forget is that 2 out of 4 guardians are immune to poison, so every core poison class (however OP they seem in the rest of the game) have to fight for like 30 minutes to take these bosses down because their main source of damage has zero effect...

Most poison builds don't really go all out on scaling it, if Poison does a lot of damage you already had good dps. Ignite builds scale it more aggressively, tend to go for hard single hits at lower attack/cast speed so their raw dps isn't as good.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 27, 2016, 2:22:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info