Cant play, no maps

"
eragon1111 wrote:
What about "accomplishment" feeling ? Not everyone wants to use shortcuts like trade.

I want to drop myself every t16 every shaper key and kill shaper without extensive trade.

Best stop bitching on the forum then, and play the game...
If you refuse to use the tools the game offers and deliberately cripple yourself by not trading, your complaints lose much of their validity.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Relying on currency to drop in the wild is never gonna make you rich, or even allow you to afford to map really.

Which is yet further reinforcing the fact that playing the game is actually worse for advancement than sitting in your HO all day flipping. You can spend eons trying to get legitimate drops on gear, maps, or currency. Or you can gather just enough seed funds to start flipping, then buy all the GG gear you need, and pay other people to do the work for you when the game gets too hard.

This is what's on the box of PoE:
Spoiler

This is what's actually in the box:
Spoiler

HOW ARE PEOPLE NOT SEEING THE FUCKING PROBLEM HERE!?!
This is a buff™
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Relying on currency to drop in the wild is never gonna make you rich, or even allow you to afford to map really.

Which is yet further reinforcing the fact that playing the game is actually worse for advancement than sitting in your HO all day flipping. You can spend eons trying to get legitimate drops on gear, maps, or currency. Or you can gather just enough seed funds to start flipping, then buy all the GG gear you need, and pay other people to do the work for you when the game gets too hard.

This is what's on the box of PoE:
Spoiler

This is what's actually in the box:
Spoiler

Was like that a long time ago lol

Clear speed meta, where it's better to pick up raw currency and not gear... In a game made by Grinding Gear Games

:>
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This is the same type of complaint as someone who trades for top of the line gear and then complains that drops aren't good anymore.

You played this character until it wasn't fun to play it anymore. Don't complain. Play another character. It will be fun again. You'll find that "having" isn't as much fun as "wanting".

This is true for gear. Not for content.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"

I never buy gear, but I have to (partly) disagree with you here. No matter how frequent good drops are, trading will ALWAYS be the most efficient way to gear a character. The economy will ALWAYS adjust. As long as there is trading - there is NO WAY to make it even CLOSE to equal as self found play. And I say this as a partly self found player (I do sell, but don't buy). And games like these NEEDS trading.

But yes, the balance is way off. If you CHOOSE not to trade, you're letting go of too much of what the game has to offer. But then again, we ARE talking about the endgame here. And the endgame SHOULD make you take advantage of the in game "tools" to be efficient; trading being one of them.

BUT; Trading ISN'T an in-game tool as of yet. It is a third-party tool. AND; on-level content should never be gated by anything other than skill and gear - IMO. Gating content behind something that should not be a requirement, only a tool of efficiency, is a real dick move.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

Clear speed meta, where it's better to pick up raw currency and not gear... In a game made by Grinding Gear Games

This is actually not really true. In fact, you're never gonna get rich if you only pick up currency... Wutchu talkin bout?
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

This is actually not really true. In fact, you're never gonna get rich if you only pick up currency... Wutchu talkin bout?

I mean, I didn't say exclusively currency, but majority of it ofc. I pick up like t1 bases, good Uniques, and Jewelry. But if you wanna chain 10-20 maps and not vendor a shitload, that's how you do it and up your currency generated per hour.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
@Docbp87

In the next paragraph it specifically states before this league I have never had a problem with maps or currency.

Yes, I do use the Chaos recipe however I refuse to sit there & flip items. I will buy from PoE trade or the boards if I am able.

I also never stated I wanted to be rich, I would just like to progress in the game at a decent rate.

Maybe this is just my bad league, everyone has to have one right? It makes you appreciate the good leagues.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
The game itself does not really offer these tools if by tools you mean poe.trade since GGG doesnt run that website

You also should not have to trade once in this game to do any of its content

Lower the amount of luck and it would lower RNG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info