Cant play, no maps

"
Docbp87 wrote:

"Encouraging people to level to 100" has never been a reasonable goal of the game.

Based on the actual nice combo double EXP nerf plus difficult access to high lvl content, I totally agree with you. I can understand if requirements to lvl to 100 are super high, I agree it is a nice way to lengthen the game, but at least let people enjoy challenging content. Otherwise what is the point of gearing plus min/max a build if most of the time people play content which is more than 10 lvl lower?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This is the same type of complaint as someone who trades for top of the line gear and then complains that drops aren't good anymore.

You played this character until it wasn't fun to play it anymore. Don't complain. Play another character. It will be fun again. You'll find that "having" isn't as much fun as "wanting".

? His map pool went to shit because he got the bad side of map RNG. And he doesn't trade for maps.

How the hell is what you said remotely close to this scenario?
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I have to agree with Miazga on this one, I actually stopped playing in this league and moved to standard since I was not getting maps or decent currency drops. I have been playing leagues for 1.5 years now & this is the first league where no exalts have found me (level 89 atm) or any decent map drops. It gets frustrating.

@Docbp87 - my % is 65 right now, I would love to get it higher however that requires maps to drop that I have not played. Yes I could buy them however that requires currency to drop.

Yes I chisel / rare / corrupt all my maps if I have the currency, I always add something from Zana if I can afford it. Before this league I never had an issue with maps or currency.

I also wonder if I would ever play a league again if I have to go through the Atlas all the time.

One thing we learned from this league is the .1% will always get it completed within 30 days. It did not slow them down at all. There is a finite amount of time to complete a league. Slowing it down will just mean fewer people will play leagues.

On the + side I got to try a BV build that seems to be the rave right now before the nerf. It feels strange playing in standard but at least I have tons of maps, gear & some currency.
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Do you have all of the yellow maps unlocked? Perhaps running attached maps would be a good use of your time. Unlocking the reds wasn't easy. It was a grind, but it began to snowball.
I had my bad map streaks too, but it all worked out. If you can't get maps, level zana, buy maps from her or is that considered a no go? Otherwise grind it out and trade maps in at the vendor.
Last edited by pifpep on Sep 30, 2016, 1:06:23 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This is the same type of complaint as someone who trades for top of the line gear and then complains that drops aren't good anymore.

You played this character until it wasn't fun to play it anymore. Don't complain. Play another character. It will be fun again. You'll find that "having" isn't as much fun as "wanting".

Usually people play ARPGs to build strong character/s, which in turn, creates a strong feeling of attachment towards them. Therefore, I think offering challenging content should not be optional but rather mandatory in order to keep players which prefer the end game journey.

On top on that, I think that it would be really good and also healthy for the game to raise the level cap (so make 100 something achievable rather that almost impossible for majority of players). What is going to happen to next act 5, the lvl area will raise or not? If it raises it will affect tier maps, if it is not raising, then previous acts will have lower level areas. Now let's think about act 10... raising lvl cap offers the possibility to create completely new set of items and of course rebalance the whole game.
"
Ahewaz wrote:
I have to agree with Miazga on this one, I actually stopped playing in this league and moved to standard since I was not getting maps or decent currency drops. I have been playing leagues for 1.5 years now & this is the first league where no exalts have found me (level 89 atm) or any decent map drops. It gets frustrating.

@Docbp87 - my % is 65 right now, I would love to get it higher however that requires maps to drop that I have not played. Yes I could buy them however that requires currency to drop.

Yes I chisel / rare / corrupt all my maps if I have the currency, I always add something from Zana if I can afford it. Before this league I never had an issue with maps or currency.

I also wonder if I would ever play a league again if I have to go through the Atlas all the time.

One thing we learned from this league is the .1% will always get it completed within 30 days. It did not slow them down at all. There is a finite amount of time to complete a league. Slowing it down will just mean fewer people will play leagues.

On the + side I got to try a BV build that seems to be the rave right now before the nerf. It feels strange playing in standard but at least I have tons of maps, gear & some currency.

Relying on currency to drop in the wild is never gonna make you rich, or even allow you to afford to map really.
U MAD?
"
Erial wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Usually people play ARPGs to build strong character/s, which in turn, creates a strong feeling of attachment towards them. Therefore, I think offering challenging content should not be optional but rather mandatory in order to keep players which prefer the end game journey.

On top on that, I think that it would be really good and also healthy for the game to raise the level cap (so make 100 something achievable rather that almost impossible for majority of players). What is going to happen to next act 5, the lvl area will raise or not? If it raises it will affect tier maps, if it is not raising, then previous acts will have lower level areas. Now let's think about act 10... raising lvl cap offers the possibility to create completely new set of items and of course rebalance the whole game.
They won't raise the level, they might even lower it, since they are removing one difficulty with the release of act 5, we will go from 12 acts (4x3 diff) to 10.
"
Erial wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I do not think the map tiers or levels will change with act 5. This is part of the reason that Cruel is being removed. There will be two difficulties, with 5 acts in each.
U MAD?
What about "accomplishment" feeling ? Not everyone wants to use shortcuts like trade.

I want to drop myself every t16 every shaper key and kill shaper without extensive trade.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info