Cant play, no maps

"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
And why do you refuse to run yellow maps? For some reason I feel like folks suddenly feel entitled to be swimming in red maps, when this has NEVER been the case before this patch. I feel like a lot of people are getting to red maps that never have before, and just assume that red map drop-rates should be the same as yellow or white map drop rates. This has never been the case in the past, so why should it be now?

Because content gating has always been shit, and it continues to be shit.

But the content is gated behind knowledge (how to roll maps effectively), trade (which, like it or not, the game is balanced around trading), and RNG (RNG is RNG ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) Can't control the RNG part except to just keep playing. You can always join global chat and join map rotas to unlock more maps if that is a problem you are having.

You can also vendor maps in sets of 3 to upgrade them to the next map on the atlas. This is a great way to unlock more maps, and increase your drop-upgrade bonus chance. I have been able to sustain tier 13/14/15/16 maps lately mostly by just vendoring up tier 10/11/12 maps that I don't like in sets of 3 as I get them.

Those of you who are struggling to build/maintain a map pool, what is your bonus % currently?
U MAD?
"
Deliverme wrote:
"
Kadadr wrote:
For some reason this forum thinks it's entirely unacceptable to run lower tier maps to gain currency and use said currency to buy higher tier maps.

Logic, not even once.

That sounds like a wasteful use of time...

People should be encouraged to go forward, not backward.

No need to go backward. Run the highest maps you've got. Even if higher tier maps don't drop for you, don't treat that as a failure. Use the other drops you got from that map to acquire more maps. Trade is a part of the game, like it or not. Refusing to buy maps is no different than refusing to use any other game feature. It's silly.
got my first red map today yay! and been playing since league start :(

:(((((

S L O W E R
Learn how to manage your maps and you will have plenty of them...

1)dont waste more currency on the map than the actual cost of the map
2)Buy some high tier maps when you have streaks of bad luck

This game is not balanced around solo selfound

Maps prices on poe.trade right now:

t11 and lower tiers = 1-2c
t12 = 2-3c
t13 = 5-6c
t14 = 8-9c

How exactly you cant sustain maps guys???? You can basically run unlimited t11-12 with these prices....

And lastly before doing red maps make your atlas bonous at least 70-80% it helps a lot
Last edited by darkegor on Sep 30, 2016, 1:54:29 PM
"
Kadadr wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:
"
Kadadr wrote:
For some reason this forum thinks it's entirely unacceptable to run lower tier maps to gain currency and use said currency to buy higher tier maps.

Logic, not even once.

No need to go backward. Run the highest maps you've got. Even if higher tier maps don't drop for you, don't treat that as a failure. Use the other drops you got from that map to acquire more maps. Trade is a part of the game, like it or not. Refusing to buy maps is no different than refusing to use any other game feature. It's silly.

I agree with you there is no logic, specially when people without high lvl characters (+90) tell people how to play end game content. Amazing! Go back when you have +94 characters running low tiers (and yes tier 11 is low although is red) for getting currency to experience for few minutes little bit more challenging content. This is the "end game content" that atlas is offering? what a nice way to encourage people to level to 100....
Two solutions I'll propose:

1) Play your yellow maps.
2) Play a new character up.
"
Erial wrote:
"
Kadadr wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:

I agree with you there is no logic, specially when people without high lvl characters (+90) tell people how to play end game content. Amazing! Go back when you have +94 characters running low tiers (and yes tier 11 is low although is red) for getting currency to experience for few minutes little bit more challenging content. This is the "end game content" that atlas is offering? what a nice way to encourage people to level to 100....

"Encouraging people to level to 100" has never been a reasonable goal of the game.
U MAD?
"
"
Clerith wrote:
"
Miazga wrote:
I cant play cause I have no red maps

Lol. Stop being so entitled.

Path of Exile: The only game where people think access to on-level content is a privilege.

Tell me about it.

Can't think of one game that gates on-level content behind neither RNG nor trade. But here, people look at you like an entitled moron if you suggests a "slight" increase in the availability of on-level content, like it's you who's the abnormal one, and not PoE. But - on this topic - PoE is abnormal.

Trading is a good thing in these kind of games, as it opens up choices. But when trade becomes the answer to everything, shit's getting down-hill.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Psssh you guys are so entitled to your Red maps.

Jk system can sometimes be awful. Haven't seen a boss drop an on-level map in days. And have basically lost ∼50% of my t15+. After Chisel + Alch + Double Packsize + Frags + Perandus.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
This is the same type of complaint as someone who trades for top of the line gear and then complains that drops aren't good anymore.

You played this character until it wasn't fun to play it anymore. Don't complain. Play another character. It will be fun again. You'll find that "having" isn't as much fun as "wanting".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info