(2.4) Wormblaster the Third (A Herald of Ice build)

"

- How does people get HoI buff dps to 8k-9k. I am current on 7.1k and feels stretched already.
Still crafting my opal ring in ESC, using 2 below which are average roll ones. Probably not worth to do 30 element bonus from helmet, its costly per try and its I still work on the uber lab enchant.

I cant answer or help you on much else, but buy a helmet with the enchant. Use essences on it. All you need is a high life roll and its usable. You can get resists elsewhere. If you're not doing MoM its even MORE damage with the damage lab enchantment, but it also costs a lot more. (disregard added cold gem, still working on a 21/20 cold pen/HoI

Also, Without specing heavily into damage passive wise, wearing the star of wraeclast, using an overflowing chalice or having % HoI damage enchant here is my damage.
Spoiler
Last edited by djfang on Nov 6, 2016, 1:41:49 PM
Intuitive leap gem, is medium radius, not work
"
MANIQKBG wrote:
Intuitive leap gem, is medium radius, not work

Its small radius and you use it to save ~5 passive points in exchange for a loss of either ~30% damage/7% life from a jewel socket.
"
djfang wrote:
"

- How does people get HoI buff dps to 8k-9k. I am current on 7.1k and feels stretched already.
Still crafting my opal ring in ESC, using 2 below which are average roll ones. Probably not worth to do 30 element bonus from helmet, its costly per try and its I still work on the uber lab enchant.

I cant answer or help you on much else, but buy a helmet with the enchant. Use essences on it. All you need is a high life roll and its usable. You can get resists elsewhere. If you're not doing MoM its even MORE damage with the damage lab enchantment, but it also costs a lot more. (disregard added cold gem, still working on a 21/20 cold pen/HoI

Also, Without specing heavily into damage passive wise, wearing the star of wraeclast, using an overflowing chalice or having % HoI damage enchant here is my damage.
Spoiler

How many attempts took you get that life? I'm dying of anger, I spend tons of chaos and I can not get more than 30 life

i did 8 essence of horrors in 1 sitting, I rolled over 2 medium life rolls(50~70). before getting that one on the 7th essence.
"
Ukanta wrote:
- How does people get 9k-10k life. I am on level 84, haven't taken all the life node yet but again, on 6.9k hp. I think my target hp is 8-9k @ level 93 max.

Pretty "simple":
You need
1) High level (90+) & high level gems (21 for HOI and 20/20 for the others)
2) Jewels with life + double damage roll
3) Damage and life on as much gear as you can.

Spoiler

Can't link the jewels. But I have 6 with life + double damage.

Edit: If you want to see some really good gear, have a look at ArsonWave or Sonleonid.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Nov 7, 2016, 5:49:49 AM
"
qwertz wrote:
Edit: If you want to see some really good gear, have a look at ArsonWave or Sonleonid.

Sunleonid*

I've been divining my jewels to get 7% life but my luck hasn't been particularly good.

I'm using ele prolif instead of vortex. Because prolif gem causes BV to do less damage, I had to level my BV gem to prevent massive lag. lv8 seemed a good breaking point. It almost perma-freezes any bosses that are not immune to freeze. I can kill map vaal before it goes underground, or palace dominus before he lands initial blow.

Also managed to get myself a +1 curse bloodgrip, which allows me to use ele weakness on top of frostbite. (Linked it to lv16 cwdt along with IC and frost bomb) I didn't level frost bomb so that I don't hit myself too much in reflect maps.

Currently at around 9.2k tooltip, fully buffed.

I'm debating using phase run as well. Does the phasing/movespeed buff get interrupted when you proc cwdt spells? If not, that sounds like a huge qol buff for a bit of sacrifice on dps.

Spoiler

In-game: leonid
All Challenges Done! (Ana/Ons) 9/9/2013
All Challenges Done! (Dom/Nem) 1/30/2014
All Challenges Done! (Tor/Bld) 3/10/2015
All Achievements Done! 9/28/2016
Last edited by sunleonid on Nov 7, 2016, 11:03:11 PM
Thoughts on

vs
?
"
sunleonid wrote:
"
qwertz wrote:

Sunleonid*

I'm debating using phase run as well. Does the phasing/movespeed buff get interrupted when you proc cwdt spells? If not, that sounds like a huge qol buff for a bit of sacrifice on dps.

Its does not stop phase run when CWDT proc, hence I just stand there transparently all the time (with high level cwdt). Ontop its the movement speed that make clears map so fast.

I have finally got myself a 40% damage herald ice helmet and craft it with essence of horror.

Its crap roll but still try buy more essence. With this helmet, my dps jump from 7.7k to 10.5k :), and that with some of gem not even 20/20 yet. Ontop I have not taken the celetial judgement and the 24% cold damage nodes in that area, cant wait to hit level 90.

Still questioning why you use increase area over added cold damage. I have tried it and except for big aoe, the dps seen to down a bit, it does not like other mention overlap the dps. Wonder if con effect has any benefit to this.

Lastly good point about low level frost bomb, its ele reflect can be an issue.

If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Last edited by Ukanta on Nov 7, 2016, 9:20:50 PM
"
Ukanta wrote:

Its does not stop phase run when CWDT proc, hence I just stand there transparently all the time (with high level cwdt). Ontop its the movement speed that make clears map so fast.

Just tested myself and you are right. I permanently keep phase run buff (phasing + move speed). This is huge. With phase run + onslaught + quicksilver I'm running around at 176% movespeed basically all the time. This however is at the cost of forgoing prolif. (not enough sockets) Gotta play with it for a while to see if it's worth it. Pretty sure it is.
In-game: leonid
All Challenges Done! (Ana/Ons) 9/9/2013
All Challenges Done! (Dom/Nem) 1/30/2014
All Challenges Done! (Tor/Bld) 3/10/2015
All Achievements Done! 9/28/2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info