(2.4) Wormblaster the Third (A Herald of Ice build)

"
day0620 wrote:
"
Jihoko wrote:
"
frogemoth wrote:
Another build completely destroyed, I swear every time I try a new build it gets nerfed to the ground. Last 3 builds I played, coc discharge, lightning arrow voltaxic and now wormblaster.

At least I managed to complete my atlas with this build, time for a new build or wait a bit to see if it can be salvaged somehow, maybe with some of the new uniques.

If you don't want the builds you play nerfed to the ground, the simple solution is to not just copy whatever the most popular, OP, and broken meta build is every time. It's totally your right to always choose whatever the most well-known OP build is and not make your own, but you can't expect GGG to never do any balancing. Every build you chose was one that, at the time, had the largest target on its back for the nerf-bat and most people assumed would be nerfed in the next patch. I think it's fine to have builds like this for a season to reward creative theorycrafters like the OP, but they're simply too OP to be allowed to remain indefinitely. One could argue that GGG has already been too generous for not hotfixing this like some of the other obscenely OP builds of the past.

What point would there be to theorycrafting at all if there was already a build that essentially "solves" the game the way this one did? GGG has to nerf these builds or the people who come up with amazing builds like these will get bored and leave, and the rest of the players who just like to copy builds will complain about how hard it is to get gear for a build that half the league is trying to play. Or the people that have a proclivity towards certain skills or archetypes will lose interest because their preferred builds are too much worse than "insert OP build here" to feel remotely competitive.

It may not feel like it to you (or some of the other people in this thread that are upset) now, but GGG absolutely made the right move here for the long-term health of the game and the enjoyment of its players. In fact, even your interest has probably been held longer than if they just let your first build remain OP indefinitely. Most likely, you would have gotten bored completely obliterating the game with CoC Discharge after a while, once you got all the gear you wanted most likely. When the game presents no danger or difficulty and you have nothing left to work towards, that's when boredom sets in.

It's the pursuit of power that makes these games fun and addicting, the little goals you meet along the way to the final goal that provide the satisfaction. Most people assume it's the other way around, because that's how our minds work. Our brains tell us something will make us happy, which is what motivates us to pursue it, but actually playing a stupidly OP build that trivializes the game isn't very enjoyable once you get over the initial thrill (unless you have some long-term goals to work towards). If you managed to read all of that, I hope it offered you a different perspective and you can look forward to your next brand-new build to work on instead of mourning the loss of your current one.

Can't disagree more...To be honest, before playing POE, I would only play D3 this kind of game style game, but my friend (who started playing POE from 1.X something) asked me to play POE with him, and I said "why? POE is just like a copy of D3, why should I play a copy cat game (my personal thought at the very beginning if you disagree)". By then my friend showed me the video clips of this build, seriously I did change my mind and say "oh geezzz, I have never seen a build like this fun in D3 ever! I really wish to play this crazy Sh*t!", so I jumped to play POE and started from patch 2.3 (how could a newbie afford this build ●| ̄|_ of cause my friend helped most of the parts ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ).

After leveling to a certain level, my wormblaster is getting to be unbeatable, and I have never felt that exciting in D3 before, it's like can't stop beating those "useless" bosses, this build gives me full of satisfaction. I don't care other people say it is boring or just running around and keep typing 1,2,3,4 for the flasks or too OP wwhatever, but this is what I am looking for, "invulberable" as I can't see any other build can facetanking most of the bosses. I think most people would like to play a game with a very strong character or weapon that could kill every single creep/boss/enemy, other than struggling or suffering to fight (my personal thought again, maybe I am wrong, maybe I am the only one would like to play games like that(◎_◎;)).

Now, GGG has just destroyed this build, and I also did leave a very ridiculous comment on the GGG new patch note during the first day announced , swore like a crazy teen. Some of other POE players also replied me like I just act like a fool, don't know the mechanics of the game and such and such. I totally understand why they say so, but they might not know my POE story, might not feel what I feel. Again, being very honest, GGG has just ruined my dream, my only interest of POE. I started POE because of GGG, I quit POE also because of GGG (GGG may not care about a player like me, I am just like a stardust in the galaxy).If anyone has read through my post here, thank you very much for your time to listen my story and feels.

GGG nerfs builds al the time especially flavour of the month (or 3 months) builds that are used by so many people. Surely some builds might get overlooked for a long time like Discharge CoC or Warchief Totem.

Wormblaster had the same instantly healing mechanic like a Mjolner with Kingsguard but with way higher life. Damage wise it was not OP but as 5th flask you could keep for Phoenix permanent Ruby flask up, for Mino permanent Basalt, Hydra permanent Sapphire. With Purity + permanent x elemental flask + Fortify that will put you at 85% particular elemental resistance making it more tanky versus elemental damage than Kingsguard Mjolner.

Not saying it deserved getting nerfed, but I'm also not supised that it got nerfed. Gotta deal with it. Don't get so attached to one build, learn to play other builds too incase the build you're playing gets nerfed every new league.
Last edited by Ukkoclap on Dec 3, 2016, 6:33:50 AM
LAME!!!!

oooooohh craaapppp..

shoulda sold my The Harvest :(

i REALLY!! wanted to do this build but they killed it huh?
LAAAAAMEEE!!!!! ..i never made a map level Duelist, I have EVERY other class though :(

WTS 20exalts... guess ill just keep it...

"

These builds are expensive for a reason. To completely kill off an entire build because of its power is ridiculous. If any build is capable of getting nerfed like this for showing any sign of power, what is the point to achieve anything difficult in the game if the poe gods change it without any thought. In my mind, the goal is to work hard to create something amazing so you have something to represent your work, but with nerfs left and right to anything with power just kills any motivation I have for this game.

YEAH!!! EXACTLY!!! ... glad i only paid $20 on this game
I WIN SUCKERS!!! (shouldntve caved in, and spent 0 )
fuck this game, seriously...
Last edited by CaoMengde on Dec 4, 2016, 10:35:05 PM
Chinese people are very fond of your build , insects are very popular in China.
Thanks
What bandit you choice?
Is there any version of the Harvest Build Setups that are still working, I just lucked into a Jasper through the Battle Born Divination cards and as ive now read this was once a really nice weapon to get for almost free but appears I was a few months late (again) LoL Ive been grinding along steadily since Perandus trying to gear up several build attempts but never seem to quite get end game gear before each league ends. And almost always acquiring the items for any strong build without fail they get (rebalanced ) lol before I get the chance to reap the benefits of these OP items.

I am not a highly skilled gamer just and old disabled grandpap who likes to kill a few monsters now and then hehe, but darnit the cost of most good,,really good weapons and gear is almost always out of reach of just grinding low level maps up until most have moved on or a nerf drops prices,,either way, many such as I never catch up to current meta build gear requirements,,this has at least made for some decently geared standard characters,,but still there are times when i wish they would leave some of these powerful items in the game for a bit longer so that the old the slow, the new and the poor could maybe try out some of these fun looking builds as well.

Most of the time, by the time something really good gets figured out and one starts to put a build together, either the league ends and the nerfs come out or the prices are so very high that it cant be achieved within the amount of time left in a temp league.

Oh well I guess there is always Streamer Videos or someone with endless currency to demonstrate what PoE is like with top tier gear :) Grind on
Remember when high end gear was really high end !
Classic Audio all the way,olderthandirt and twice as
Grizzly :)
hello , i can t see your build explanation only the picture ... it s me or something missing ?
the build is no longer viable
What update killed this build?
"
batibot323 wrote:
What update killed this build?

This one :

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Content Update 2.5.0
[...]

Flask Charge Generation on Critical Strike:
  • A character can now only receive one flask charge per Critical Strike every 200ms. This is shared across all flasks.
  • The Harvest and Master Surgeon now follow this rule. Instead of giving a charge to each of your flasks, they will only grant it to one.

[...]
Last edited by Atori on Dec 24, 2016, 1:31:27 PM
Is it still viable and playable or the nerf made the build just not work at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info